Ferrari Festival! • One-Make • Events Complete!Full 

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,921 comments
  • 98,292 views
Seriously there's a glt estate in that picture zoom in around that white tent in the background and there is a white glt estate

Volvo wasn't in GT1. Only Dodge, Chervrolet, Aston and TVR along with a wealth of Japanese manufacturers. I'm fairly up on my Japanese stuff and so I'm really quite puzzled about what car Hobbsy's referring to here :confused:.
 
Did he say the car was in gran turismo 1 as well as 6?
 
Did he say the car was in gran turismo 1 as well as 6?

"Yes, a car from Gran Turismo and in GT6 too."

I'm guessing he means GT1 from that? Who knows, we'll find out tomorrow when he replies I guess!
 
@daddyo845 was correct with his eagle eyed spot on the Volvo... although it might not be the exact model in the pic. 👍
my apologies for mis-leading @MC-Chase, the "GT" statement was not intended to relate to the first game, but more the Gran Turismo series generally. :)

How was the night @BrandonW77... any interesting events occur, more to the point did you capture anything interesting on your iPhone? :sly:
 
my apologies for mis-leading @MC-Chase, the "GT" statement was not intended to relate to the first game, but more the Gran Turismo series generally. :)

That'll teach me for reading into things :dunce:.
 
@daddyo845 was correct with his eagle eyed spot on the Volvo... although it might not be the exact model in the pic. 👍
my apologies for mis-leading @MC-Chase, the "GT" statement was not intended to relate to the first game, but more the Gran Turismo series generally. :)

How was the night @BrandonW77... any interesting events occur, more to the point did you capture anything interesting on your iPhone? :sly:

Nothing crazy. They did show the Indy Car race from Texas on the infield jumbotron though, which was quite cool.
 
So I just took bronze in the final round of GT Academy and the person who holds the regional record is named Hugh Jayness, I thought that was hilarious.

Like myself, he is a member of SNAIL and when I first saw his name during a practice night I thought he must be a messer but he is one of the quickest and most consistent drivers I've ever met. He also goes under the name of Car Czar and I thought that would be the name he'd use to qualify for GT Academy.
 
Ha ha! I was right! I just thought it would be funny to say it was the Volvo.
 
Just looking back at this pic... I spot another high performance GT car in the background... anyone care to make a guess!?

Calling the Volvo Estate a high performance GT car is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?? :lol:
 
That's a great idea! I should blow $150,000 on my glt estate in gt6!
Put nitrous on it and all that 🤬. :lol:
 
the 850 T-5R was a damn quick Volvo estate ;).
 
the 850 T-5R was a damn quick Volvo estate ;).

There was a tasty V70-R for sale around here recently. 300bhp, practical, safe and going cheap. I was seriously considering it but it was snapped up quickly before I got my finger out.
 
No but it was an old estate and it looked like the one in gt6 which has barely over 100hp
 
There was a tasty V70-R for sale around here recently. 300bhp, practical, safe and going cheap. I was seriously considering it but it was snapped up quickly before I got my finger out.

I always thought they were pretty cool things, fuel economy is the only thing that would put me off them!
 
Yeah, it's powered by a more powerful version of the same 2.5 litre engine as used in the Ford Focus ST and they're thirsty alright. Nice 5 cylinder warble off them and certainly a sleeper car that would surprise people.
 
The ST-3 2.5l was one of my previous cars, which I had remapped to about 250bhp, it served well as the "family car" but the wife kept getting carried away on her way to work!

So drove the running costs way up, and increased her chances of getting in trouble no ends... it made way for an XC-90.
 
You drive a Volvo crossover Hobbsy? My mental image of you just got a lot older somehow =/.
 
You drive a Volvo crossover Hobbsy? My mental image of you just got a lot older somehow =/.

It's not a crossover, it's the bigger 4x4 WAG mobile... I must be getting closer to your number then, no pipe and sleepers for me yet though! :lol:
 
It's not a crossover, it's the bigger 4x4 WAG mobile... I must be getting closer to your number then, no pipe and sleepers for me yet though! :lol:

Must confess I've always quite wanted a pipe.
 
So, the yesterday's races will be cancelled or postponed? :)
 
So, the yesterday's races will be cancelled or postponed? :)

I think @BrandonW77 will make the call on that one!

I'm opening a room in about 30 minutes for some F3 free practice - to anyone joining in on the race pop your head in for laps 👍.
 
I think @BrandonW77 will make the call on that one!

I'm opening a room in about 30 minutes for some F3 free practice - to anyone joining in on the race pop your head in for laps 👍.

I'm going to join for practices today ;)
 
So, the yesterday's races will be cancelled or postponed? :)

Not sure. We could try to do it a couple hours before next Saturday's regular event if people are interested.
 
I'll be going to my own vintage festival next weekend, which is unfortunate in that case. :lol:

Maybe I'll post up some interesting cars too for the thread's comment. :sly:

I'd like to peruse some of the classics if you care to upload them Longbow ;).
 
Back