Ferrari Festival! • One-Make • Events Complete!Full 

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,921 comments
  • 98,317 views
That's the way I like it as well. The interior view is the only way I drive these days. And besides that's how it is when you're really driving so seeing the view in game would be more helpful for learning how to drive for real than the bumper view would be.
 
Is the next track's target time also 1:44???

Yep, for lap time we're still at 1:44 but the top speed creeps up just a tad to 112mph/180kph at the end of the front stretch (it's about 2mph faster than that on the straightaway in the middle of the track, but we'll measure at the front stretch to keep things simple and consistent). I plan on jumping online this evening to confirm those numbers, but in our brief test the other night those seemed like good targets that won't require much tweaking to get to. 👍
 
Ok, did some testing last night at 80's Brands and the targets are a lap time of 1:44 with a top speed at the end of the front stretch of 112mph/180kph (good luck checking that speed as you head into Paddock Hill Bend!). I tested the Mini, Civic (sedan) and the MX5. The Civic and Mini were dead-on without having to change anything. I had a turbo on the MX5, it proved to be a touch fast so I took the turbo off and put on an intake and a chip which resulted in about the same PP but brought it down right where it needed to be. So hopefully it won't take you guys too long to get your cars adjusted for the new track. We'll do the same procedure this week, rolling start until we exit the first hairpin (Druids).

If it works for everyone, we can move things up one hour to 3pm EDT so it's a little easier for our European friends to participate.
 
I had about an hour of testing last night too, all tyr same settings for my 86 Racing, and was bang on the target time and speed. However felt it worthwhile just tweaking the car a little just to get more consistency out of it... And to loosen the car up a little ;)
 
for me personally 4PM EDT works best, but I understand there are others here who have to put in a late night on a Sunday to join in at that time, which is not ideal when there is school/work early the next morning.

I will always try to be there though (earlier or later) as I've enjoyed the racing within this group. Well done guys :cheers:
 
for me personally 4PM EDT works best, but I understand there are others here who have to put in a late night on a Sunday to join in at that time, which is not ideal when there is school/work early the next morning.

I will always try to be there though (earlier or later) as I've enjoyed the racing within this group. Well done guys :cheers:

Maybe we can split the difference and do 3:30?
 
I'll probably be online this evening to do some testing and practice at Brands, feel free to join if you see me on. Probably around 6pm EDT.
 
I did a wee bit of (lonely) testing last night, trying to get the Honda Fit sorted. Gave up in the end - I can do the laptime but the handling made it no fun whatsover.
 
I did a wee bit of (lonely) testing last night, trying to get the Honda Fit sorted. Gave up in the end - I can do the laptime but the handling made it no fun whatsover.

For some reason I really enjoy the Fit, but I had to do some work to get it there. LSD and different transmission did wonders for it. Maybe try one of the Civics? The Mini is great once you put an LSD on it. There's also two Miata's to choose from, everyone loves a Miata. :p
 
For some reason I really enjoy the Fit, but I had to do some work to get it there. LSD and different transmission did wonders for it. Maybe try one of the Civics? The Mini is great once you put an LSD on it. There's also two Miata's to choose from, everyone loves a Miata. :p

I tested the Fit for Laguna last week and was surprised at how much I liked it. It was very apparent that the LSD needed some work that I didn't want to deal with though and that was the first time in my life I didn't want to deal with LSD. I've been using an almost stock Civic at Brands and it's more than fast enough. I might be around for some testing tonight.
 
I tested the Fit for Laguna last week and was surprised at how much I liked it. It was very apparent that the LSD needed some work that I didn't want to deal with though and that was the first time in my life I didn't want to deal with LSD. I've been using an almost stock Civic at Brands and it's more than fast enough. I might be around for some testing tonight.

:lol: I didn't tinker with the LSD (on the car), I just tossed it on there default and the car was way better than whatever the stock drivetrain was.
 
So does this mean you will be nearer the target laptime this week @Torzilla? ;)

Edit: I shall be online around 8:30pm - 12:00am BST tonight too so if anyone is around, catch you online (and hopefully overtake! :sly:)
 
I should be there for a while at least. I need some online testing at Brands.
 
I'm about to leave work, should probably be online in about 60-90 minutes from this post. 👍
 
I have room open: 1472-6399-8665-9412-2443
 
I have room open: 1472-6399-8665-9412-2443

On my way. It's a public room so everyone else feel free to follow me in.

Edit: gone
 
Last edited:
Was good fun testing last night, i been playing around with youtube and capturing video from the game... and although i still need a direct capture device to get the results I want, and its nowhere near a finished piece, but i thought i'd share this with you guys as it shows just how close and clean we were running.

enjoy

 
Wow! That was exciting to watch! :crazy: I'm really looking forward to this! I'm going to do some testing on my own for awhile. If anyone would care to join me, hop right in
 
I do but I set it to friends only and I don't believe you are on my friends list whats your ID?

Edit: I had one up until I disconnected but I can't seem to make a new room

Double edit: I have a new room up
 
Oh well that was convenient. But I've been having serious troubles today. I just disconnected for the 3rd time today. And it's not just me who has been having these problems. I don't know whats going on
 
@hobbsy that was awesome. That was from my viewpoint and I can confirm there was zero contact through all of that. What ever you used to capture that gave a pretty cool look too. 👍
 
Can anyone else who has been on confirm that there have been issues today?
 
@daddyo, I cannot connect either

Edit: I'm on
2nd edit: not
 
Last edited:
Great video Hobbsy!

I should be available for 3:30pm Sunday!👍 Although, I didn't get many laps in.:nervous: I'm hoping to get some in late tonight.
 
Back