Ferrari in the snow...

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 92 comments
France
SoCal
GTP_MooCow
Last night, i suddenly had the urge and the idea to drive a classic Ferrari in the snow...

I was imagining how great a photo i could get the Red on white contrast... it would pop like Blood stains on a white rabbit...

Anyways, so went to buy my first Ferrari, tune it and ticked all the possible options... until i realized i couldnt get the snow tires...

No snow tires, no access to snow tracks??!

What the ?
Even if i made my Ferrari higher up?
Why?

The fact that i cannot take a ferrari on the snow makes me want to do it even more!!

Why Kaz? Why cant i enjoy an italian on ice? Italian Ice i scream are the best,

Anyone with the same desire?

Last edited:
As far as I know the GTO should be capable of running on snow and dirt as it was designed as a rally car. I'm not sure if it's possible to fit it with dirt or snow tires, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't possible. Again, PD ruining the fun.

Yeah, i wanted to buy the GTO knowing where it ran in real life... but i choose an older and cheaper fErarri for fun...

Can someone please check on the GTO?, i will eventually get it, but not at this moment...

52664929.jpg

Considering that Forza Horizon lets you put off-road parts on all vehicles... yeah blame Kaz.

Honestly I can understand why the sports cars in this game can't run on dirt/snow tracks because they rarely do so in real life with a few exceptions such as the Ferrari FF.

Honestly I can understand why the sports cars in this game can't run on dirt/snow tracks because they rarely do so in real life with a few exceptions such as the Ferrari FF.

Even if that were true... why should it carry over to the land of video games?

I think the real reason is more along the lines of it requiring time to put dirt and snow buildup on the car's textures and they don't want to bother. Either that or when they've tested some of them the handling doesn't make sense and it's easier to not allow it rather than to figure out what is causing the problem.

I agree, it is a bit frustrating to find out a car you want to take on a snow/dirt track is restricted and can't equip snow/dirt tires. It would be a blast to put snow tires on a Ferrari and drive around in the snow! Without an explanation from Kaz or PD it just leaves it up to speculation as to WHY this is.

Maybe PD doesn't get the idea of cutting loose and having fun with a car? Look how PD handled having Top Gear elements in GT5. There was hardly any idea of using anything for fun. The Top Gear track was on tight lockdown, you couldn't even venture a bit off the invisible track lines or you'd get slapped with a time penalty. The track was surrounded by invisible walls. No fun here! Willow Springs was a freaking blast to cut loose and drive off road on earlier this year. I guess PD didn't think much about that and put an end to it. So frustrating! :grumpy:

Hmm... I wonder if you can put dirt or snow tires on a Gallardo or Murcielago. These cars were obviously not meant for dirt, but they can certainly be a lot of fun!! That and because AWD!

Okay, this would probably destroy the car, but doesn't it look like fun?

And just for the heck of it :D

And one more to prove there is no excuse of why any car can't get dirty.

Last edited:
Hmm... I wonder if you can put dirt or snow tires on a Gallardo or Murcielago. These cars were obviously not meant for dirt, but they can certainly be a lot of fun!! That and because AWD!

Here, here! That does look fun! :D

And just for the heck of it :D

And one more to prove there is no excuse of why any car can't get dirty.

Rally is more than just getting a car dirty though. I want to see a Gallardo doing this:

Funny you can put most Vipers and Corvettes on Dirt tires but not the 288 GTO...

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ

Was just going to point this out. I know I raced a Corvette on a snow track in arcade mode a couple days ago. It's weird that the Shelby Cobra takes off road ties but the Daytona Coupe doesn't. I know it's a little absurd, but is it too much to ask that all cars be able to take off-road suspension and tires? Heck, career mode has a whopping three rally races and racing things like the Cobra on there are no match for designed rally cars. What would it hurt as long as everybody agreed to race GT cars on the tracks?

Back