Ferrari Meeting - Today - Spots open

What's you guys opinion on race lenght??
Should we do 20 laps no Monza??
Or maybe 10 at Monza, 10 at Nurburgring GP and 2 at La Sarthe??
Any other ideas??

Is it going to be a race or just a meeting? Or is it going to be a meeting with a race for fun as everyone will hopefully be in different models? Perhaps the second option of Monza, Nurburg GP and Le Mans would be a good plan and give a bit of variation.

Or is it going to be a meeting with a race for fun as everyone will hopefully be in different models

Thats my idea. To have some fun casual races with Ferrari's in stock form. 👍
And a good way to drive my F40 online.

Aren't all the ferraris paddles irl? Besides the older ones of course :P

IRL, the only model that comes with nothing but paddleshifters is the 458 Italia. The rest of them comes with manual gearboxes or the F1-gearbox (not the actual F1-gearbox, but that's what Ferrari name their paddleshift gearbox). The 458 is the first model with dual clutch gearbox that comes as standard and can not be replaced by a manual one. The California was the first ever model that Ferrari put thier new Dual clutch gearbox in, but you can order a manual gearbox if you want to. :)

Enzo and FXX is paddles only. But I guess you're talkng about the more common models. This is not the Dual Clutch gearbox, it's the F1-gearbox programmed to change gears in 60 milliseconds. The Scuderia does it in 80 milliseconds and the "standard" F1-gearbox changes gears in 100 milliseconds. Just for comparioson, 100 milliseconds or 1/10 of a second is what the SMG II in the E46 BMW M3 can change gears in. BMW claims it can do it in 80 milliseconds, but that's not true. I used the SMG II for comparison cause most of us have not the oportunity to have a ride in a F430 or similar I guess. :)

Would be great with a "track-day" at Nurburgring or something with change time. I'd love to just park the car on the side of the road and just see all you guys flying by in your Ferraris, disappearing in the dark.. epic 👍

Imagine, just park your car, and hear the engine noice from a car that comes closer.. RAAAWWW.. Yellow Enzo.. The next one.. The really raw Sound.. From a Red F40... and so on.. Just amazing!

I'd also vote for the one where we do shorter races at different locations. 👍

Looking much forward to this.

Could we do a "track day" portion? For photos :) You know where we all stay in line and just drive them like we were actually driving 5-10 million dollars worth of car on one track :lol:

We can do 10 Laps at Monza -> then 2 at La Sarthe, starting in the night to watch the sun rising -> and then 1 Lap at Nordschleife, starting just before the sunset.

What do you guys think??

And we could end with a small low speed showoff at the Top Gear Test Track.

Updated the first post with the drivers that sign in so far. Let me know if I miss anything.

Last edited:
Sounds good.

PSN - SteveO1965

Car BB512.

Good. Another BB512.

is this still open??
Most probs in Sp1 or F430 :)
Drtrebor007

Yep. 👍

We are now 16 drivers. If everyone shows up we'll have a full room.

In other news... I've bought all Ferrari's execpt the F1's and P4. Don't have the patience too grind for thr money.:yuck:

EDIT: First post edited with drivers list and proposal for the meeting tracks.

Last edited:
Can we have 20 minutes of "free run" on every track or something? Would love to just cruise arond the nordshlife and look at all cars instead of beeing focused on the driving only. You know, just park your car on the mulsanne straight at La Sarthe or arounfd Dottinger Höhe at Nurburgring and listen to the cars flying by. 👍

Can we have 20 minutes of "free run" on every track or something? Would love to just cruise arond the nordshlife and look at all cars instead of beeing focused on the driving only. You know, just park your car on the mulsanne straight at La Sarthe or arounfd Dottinger Höhe at Nurburgring and listen to the cars flying by. 👍

👍 Good call, also allows to compare cars i.e. Work out who is in who's class maybe?

WOOHOO! I want a photo op! Soooo is it cool if I paint whatever car I run another stock ferrari color, or should I just run the enzo (it has my fave color)?

WOOHOO! I want a photo op! Soooo is it cool if I paint whatever car I run another stock ferrari color, or should I just run the enzo (it has my fave color)?

Thats OK. 👍
I painted the Ferraris i won from events all in Rosso Scuderia. :sly:
Yeah I'm really excited to take some good photos.

Sounds Great, I should be there dependent on weather i have spare time whenever it is. :)

We allready have a full room, but some people might not show up, so stay tuned. 👍

OK.
Now that we have PSN back online, we can set a date for this. Next Saturday i can't do the time proposed in the OP. I can only do starting at 20 or 20:30 GMT+1.
Are you guys ok with that, or should we do the wekeend after, the 28th of May??

OK.
Now that we have PSN back online, we can set a date for this. Next Saturday i can't do the time proposed in the OP. I can only do starting at 20 or 20:30 GMT+1.
Are you guys ok with that, or should we do the wekeend after, the 28th of May??

No problem with that, looking forward to it :)

Is'nt 20.30 a bit late on a Saturday? That pretty much ruins my plans I had with some friends. Is it possible to do the race arounf 6.00 PM (BST), 7.00 PM (CET)? Not trying to impose my needs here, but since it's Saturday, the earlier start would'nt be to much of an issue.

Can't do the 28th, have committed to another event. May be able to do this weekend but won't be able to make an early evening start in the UK of 6 or 7pm. If you have to do it then I guess I'll have to miss out. :(

EDIT:As the likelyhood is that I won't be able to join you guys can I take this opportunity to tell you guys about a series that I organise on the worldleagueracing.com forum (see my signature). The race series is due to start this week on Thursday (19/05/11) and it will be a test event, to tryout a different style of race event.

showeventimage.php

If you think it might be of interest then take a look around the WLR forum or PM me.

@Kamykaze I hope you don't mind me post this here. I am properly gutted that I won't be able to join in, but the timings are too early for me. Hope to catch some of you online sometime.

Ant

Last edited:
6.00 PM (BST) might work. Don't know when I'll arrive home. But I'll probably be back by then.

Last edited:
That would be perfect for me 👍

I hope it's and ok start time for all of us.

So when are we going to do the first one?

Time of the race tomorrow 6 pm gmt+1.
Wanted to pm everybody, but its a busy day today.
Hope to see you all there

Back