Ferrari Portofino - Successor to the California T unveiled

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 55 comments
A definite improvement on the original California - and to a lesser extent the T's - fat rump

I feel the California T looks way better.

photo_6080_ferrari_california_t_297813_fh.jpg

I loved the California. This Portofino looks pretty cool. Like a more edgy California with F12 Berlinetta style influence. I fancy the California more looks-wise, but this Portofino looks nice.

Always been a fan of the big GT Ferrari's but this one is a fantastic looking car .

Gotta admit I'm guilty of liking the old pug coupe aswell . But only with the v6 . Of course .

You know, I think the silhouette of this car is very nice. This is not a very classic Ferrari design, but I do like it. Just not in love with it. So front-engine Ferraris from the previous decade like the California and the 599 GTB from last year are elegant and charming machines. Even the 612 Scaglietti is a great looking machine even if it was completely boring to a lot of people. I actually never really liked the 550 Maranello or the 575.

I'm pretty sure this Ferrari will catch on. If you don't have the finances for the F12 Berlinetta but still want a solid front-engine Ferrari, you probably won't be disappointed getting the Portofino.

Those wheels are vile. They seem to ruin the flow of the bodywork, too.

They've done a good job making it look good with the top up or down. Although I, too, prefer it with the top on.

Like I said earlier- just the side profile and silhouette are amazing. In fact, I can already imagine if this was a GT3 or GT4 car or something. It would look great as a GT-style race car. I am actually okay with the wheels. Maybe if it were up to me, I'd go with some red brake calipers rather than these yellow ones. Silver does look nice on this car in Post #48. This car would look great in almost any red, silver, black, or (though I don't really prefer it for Ferraris) my favorite color of blue. The Portofino isn't gorgeous, but I like it a whole lot. Two of the last Ferraris I'd consider gorgeous (and not one-offs) were the F430 and the easily-forgotten 612 Scaglietti.

Just a few images of this car with the top up. Definitely looks best in this configuration, in my humble opinion.

You´re proving my unpopular opinion that red is not a good ferrari colour. First I was like "hmmmmmmm the california t Looks better" but in that colour/wheel Combo, it´s much bettwer looking. Also Portofino is a better Name than california. What I don´t like is the Door "kink" and the back is messed up. But that "huge diffusor Le Mans downforce darth vader" look annoys me with all recent GTs...they should take off the gym clothes and have a gin Tonic in a Smoking instead.

Something I've not seen anyone mention. Ferrari have stayed with the single rear light on this model which surprised me. I've got use to this now so hope they keep both quad lamps and duel lamps around.

Those wheels are vile. They seem to ruin the flow of the bodywork, too.

They've done a good job making it look good with the top up or down. Although I, too, prefer it with the top on.
Not a problem if you have loads of money. Hence why i will be stuck driving around with these peasant rims.

It's grille shape ruins it for me completely.

Ferrari. Please. For the sake of drunk Jesus Christ on a unicycle. Stop making grille designs that look like idiotic grins. They are not stylish, they are not cool, and they're totally not classy - which makes this kind of design unacceptable for cars designed by the manufacturer of the caliber Ferrari is.
*flips table*

Back