Ferrari Virtual Academy

Not the same thing, and I can pretty much guarantee FVA won't be coming to any home console unless it's really, really dumbed down.

the trailer screams uber cheese.

And why is everyone so excited over this? I mean, we're talking one freakin car on three measly tracks.

iRacing, this is not.

the trailer screams uber cheese.

And why is everyone so excited over this? I mean, we're talking one freakin car on three measly tracks.

iRacing, this is not.

Simple, because of the stakes at hand (the top 5 quickest drivers earn a trip to Maranello to take part in Ferrari's driving academy, where if you have enough talent and the right head on you the sky is the limit. Not to mention the fact that Ferrari will be awarding various prizes for each weeks TT, which is pretty cool as well).

This one ups GTAcademy IMO, as Ferrari is the most well known racing brand today and in histroy and getting a chance to take part in their program would truly be a once in a life time oppurtunity.

Last edited:
Has anyone determined the system requirements? This release is around the corner and there is no mention on their website.

I have it. Just running through the setup
20f7iRet.jpg

usSJQOp6.jpg

:drool:

Wow, you are quick. Please post impressions soon, so I read at least one opinion before buying :)

EDIT: Fiorano track seems interesting, check out this video onboard Ferrari 599 HGTE.

I'm going to download the game right now. Will give my thoughts on it in a few 👍

Can't wait. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this up a late birthday present to myself, but I want someone's opinion on the sounds and physics, particularly when referring to the sounds, the up and downshifts - are they authentic? Is everything else (feeling) authentic?

Well I've DL'd the game but on the log in window you need to enter your email & license number. I'm not sure where you get this license number though??? You have any insight ADEuk?

Edit: NM...found the number in my email :)

Edit: Well this is great...when I went to configure the display settings I believe I chose a size that was too large for my monitor. Now when I go to log in it brings me to the main screen but it seems as though all of the buttons (race, settings, etc.) are all off of the viewable area. I tried removing the program and then reinstalling it but it happened to keep the same settings. Anyone have any idea as to what I can do?

Last edited:
Well the problem is, I can't even see the config exe because it is off of the viewable area on my screen :dunce: I'm going to try and remove all of the related files this time and then try to reinstall it 👍 Don't see why it shouldn't work this time...

Little crap like this drives me nuts (always one little thing in the way of having a good time...damn computers) :mad:

Edit: NM...I take it you meant the config exe program on my actual desktop. I'm not too computer literate as you can tell :dunce:

Edit: OK, I'm good to go now 👍 Just need to get my wheel configured properly...

Last edited:
Im enjoying it, although i wish i could lower the FOV - on my 19 inch monitor its way too wide, for reference i run most sims at 60, this looks like its up near 75+

Should be interesting to see how many GT Academy players wind up in the top 10.

Well I just got doing some laps in practice (no official laps) and overall I am pretty impressed with the game. My only gripe is that (for me) the game seems to be running at a very low framerate at times, and definitely doesn't look nearly as smooth as Iracing does @ 84fps (a game which I can pretty much max out on my PC). I'm finding this to be a rather big issue as at the speed the F10 is capable of cornering at, it doesn't help when there is a noticeable lag between frames which makes judging corners a bit more difficult (not to mention it seems a bit hard on my eyes).

The sounds are probably the best modeled of any sim game when it comes to F1 cars (much better than GT5P, better than the LMT rfactor F60, and better than FSONE for rfactor). The graphics are pretty darn good and better than anything in Rfactor by a good margin I would say, and I would probably put them in line with Forza 3. When it comes to the physics the F10 is suprisingly easy to handle (much easier than the iRacing Dallara which I've been toying with of late) although it will still bite you in the rear if you do things wrong. I've only driven the F1 car in GT5P and the LMT F60 mod in Rfactor and will say that this is likely a much more accurate replication of the way a modern F1 cars handles...but maybe just a hair (not much really) toned down. A lot of hardcore sim guys rave about the LMT F60 mod for Rfactor, but I've always thought it was way too difficult to drive (felt like it was on plastic tires) and I think this latest game by Ferrari sets a much better example of how a modern F1 car handles (ie. not having to worry about spinning out in a straightline in 3rd gear :lol:) Lastly the FFB is quite nice and as good as anything I've experience in Rfactor without a doubht. And GT5P is no comparison with it's FFB at high speeds which makes you think a wheel is going to come off the car.

Without a doubt I can't say the game is the best deal out there, being that you pay nearly $20 just for 1 track and car...but if you are a real fan of F1 sims and want to experience what is likely the most accurate F1 experience to date...then you may not mind laying down the cash (like I did). Not to mention what you can win if you happen to be quick enough.

Hopefully I can find some time to put in a proper session this weekend 👍

Thanks for sharing this with us. I think you just convinced me into buying it.
Could you also post your system's specs? I find this low performance in comparison with iRacing a bit unusual.

Thanks for that, TA. 👍

I'll purchase this and upload a video or two later on today.

EDIT: This is annoying, it's goes from English to Italian when you want to purchase. What am I supposed to do?

EDIT: Nevermind. I had to set my country to Norfolk (where I don't live, by the way) to get it to translate to English, then from there I set it to the US. Boy, that was an ordeal. :P

EDIT: So, it turns out there's a problem with my card so that means no Ferrari Virtual Academy for me. At least not until I get whatever the problem may be resolved.

Last edited:
I have to say i have a different view on the sim, havin played it alot, aside from the bugs (Tires/Fuel do not refresh after passing the line if any of your laps get disqualified, which is as easy as touching the grass... the only way to get new tires after that is to reload the game)

Edit : It may just be that you always keep the same tires and the visual degration remains, im not sure if its just cosmetic, but if you exit a lap on dirty tires you will resume on those same dirty tires regardless of leaving the track (And they have 0 grip with dirt on them), changing car, changing setup. only exiting the game and loading it back up will give you brand new tires.

Secondly, some of the physics are quite simplistic, the cars throttle is doesnt have a huge varient in throttle level like other sims, and for the most part you can full throttle around the track without losing traction so long as your tires are clean. There is a distinct lack of oversteer in the game so changing down gears which would slow the car and allow the car to turn easier has a much reduced effect, meaning the cars feel very understeer prone. The brakes are very easy to lock up, and that is the real challenge of the sim. Personally i think this is a decent game, a decent sim but lacking some of the more complex physics aspects, i think Ferarri has not aimed to make a 100% accurate sim with this, though it is decent some of the driving behaviours you would expect are not happening. If you're someone who found other sims F1 mods to be too harsh then you will like this because it is easier to pickup, though still just as dificult to master. I have played a lot of the Rfactor F1 mods and i would not rate this above FSone 2009, or the the Rfactor BmwSauber 2007 F1 car, which are probably my favourites of the modern F1's, though that is just my personal opinion, it doesnt make it right.

Edit : On the subject of the graphics and sound : The car looks beautiful and i cant fault it in anyway, but the sound in the cockpit is quite terrible, try it for yourself.

Last edited:
Wow. Sounds corny but [using a G27] this game really kicked my ass after a few hot laps. Trying to keep the car on the bleeding edge is so fun and it's the first time in a while that I've really wanted to max out my time.

It's a touchy car but not anything too hard to handle at all after you get in line with the quirks of the balance. The track goes by quick in the F10 so it's fairly easy to get the hang of it.

The graphics are amazing. The cockpit's the most awesome F1 interior I've seen in any game, period. It's absolutely awesome and the LEDs on my G27 even sync up to the shift indicator, and that just makes me happy.

I'm playing it on a new Samsung LED "40 at full 1080p resolution and it's silky smooth no problems with frame rates as others have reported. .

It's intense and it feels right. Even the menus are slick, almost Gran Turismo like. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR $20

Secondly, some of the physics are quite simplistic, the cars throttle is doesnt have a huge varient in throttle level like other sims, and for the most part you can full throttle around the track without losing traction so long as your tires are clean. There is a distinct lack of oversteer in the game so changing down gears which would slow the car and allow the car to turn easier has a much reduced effect, meaning the cars feel very understeer prone.

I haven't played FVA nor have I driven an F1 car. But to be fair, everything I've read indicates that the throttle in modern F1 cars does not have a lot of travel. And with the low inertia of modern F1 engines (even in the V10 era), just touching the throttle lightly has a dramatic effect. Likewise, everything I've read about this year's F1 cars and the return to slick tires shows them to be very understeer prone. So I don't necessarily think this is all together unrealistic.

Last edited:
Mugello will be released on October 14 and the Nürburgring will follow on November 11, both tracks will sell for an additional 9,90€ each.

That's $12.60 for each track. No thank you, I'll stick to playing other games now.

Have they posted Alonso and Massa's time yet? Are people beating their times?

$ per track, and pc only; Ill 'pass':)

Massa held the record for the fiorana track at 57.6, though some drivers had already cracked that record within a few hours of the game release, the fastest time is at 56.7 and the top 300 or so is covered by 2 seconds. It takes a lot of skill to get below 59s so the guys that are doing laps faster than 58s are very highly skilled players.

Yea, a lot of big hitters up (some of iRacing & Rfactors best) torward the top of the charts. I wouldn't be suprised if Greger Huttu puts in a time (a P1 time :lol:) before deadline either. It's really amazing how talented the top PC sim racers are (really humbling tbh), not to mention the number of them. Good thing they don't play too much Gran Turismo because they would likely own just about all the current GT players with one hand tied behind their back :lol: :crazy:

I'll try and aim for something in the low 57's...don't expect to get much more than that though :ill:

Edit: Here are some pictures from Monza of the two Scuderia drivers playing FVA 👍

Alonso testing out the Simulator. Must be looking for the preferential treatment button :sly: :lol:

610x.jpg

Alonso and Massa going at it (sorry for the size). Supposedly Massa put in the better time...

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2010/f1/gp-italy-09sep/005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back