Ferrari?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom_Monaghan1
  • 46 comments
  • 2,539 views
Messages
4
From the (tentative) car list on this site, it seems that PD have been seen testing Ferraris and Porsches, but do you genuinely believe that they will be in the game, and if so, do you reckon for a 2005 release (to wait for the license to be freed from EA)?
 
Probably a good idea to check the forum for this thread before you post .....

Im putting on my flame proof suit and splitting before i get burnt too :dopey:
 
Oh God No.. Noo Oooo Oooo For The Love Of God Noo Noo Noo
 
I told you that list is going to start something.
 
INCOMING!

*Nah, too easy.*

OK, seriously, using the search can be a pain. Did you try the little search window to the top right of the forum? Or, did you use the search function at the top? Or, did you search at the warning before posting the new thread? Try using the one at the top instead of that little search window. You'll get better results.
 
Okay, so let's alter the topic a bit... I actually had a question (a real one) concerning the "Most Wanted" manufacturers (Ferrari, Lambo, Porche).

Is there any particular reason for PD being unable to get the licenses for these vehicles? Does EA perhaps have an exclusive arrangement with these manufacturers that prevents other games from using them? I'm guessing that other companies (Chevy, Mercedes, BMW) didn't go for the exclusive arrangement.

So no, I'm not asking if the cars are going to be in the game, I know that there's a 99% chance they won't be.. personally, I'd rather see some of the other "wishlist" cars like Bugatti, DeTomaso, and Delorean, than Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Does anyone have any further information on WHY PD doesn't have them? It's mostly a matter of curiosity, although it may help alleviate some of these types of threads if a Sticky can be made at the top explaining why these manufacturers won't appear.
 
This has been discussed as well, numerous times. PD might have the license, but we don't know. EA had a license for just one or two Ferraris, I think, and that was it. I think Sega stll owns the exclusive license for Ferrari, so people would have to go to them, and then to Ferrari for the license, I think. I don't know really, and nobody else does either. Nothing is know, or has been said how this crap works.

But, the rumor is, EA and Sega will loose the licens sometime in late November, and who will have it next is not known. It sounds like it could be PD, and they're trying to keep it a surprise.
 
Ah, that's very possible... could be one of the reasons for the delay. They can develop the game with whatever licensed vehicles they want, they just can't release it without the license. That's solved by waiting until December.

I'll dig around a bit and see what I can find.. there's got to be information out there somewhere.
 
Well, there's a rumor that the Lamborghini game was cancelled b/c the makers where bought by EA, and then EA cancelled it. Those jealous little *******.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

We are all gonna have to wait and see later on if Ferrari is going to make it! :O Unless PD decide to tell us all again that its not going to be in or not.
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

We are all gonna have to wait and see later on if Ferrari is going to make it! :O Unless PD decide to tell us all again that its not going to be in or not.
Yeah, I don't want to hear anymore bad news like that again. :grumpy:
 
lol, looked up his profile... Member Since: 10-11-04...

Shall we start a poll to guess how long he was a member before he started the thread???

Anyhow back to business, the likes of Ferrari, Porsche etc IF in will be a vigourously guarded secret until the game comes out. Afterall PD would've planned what would and when it was going to be 'released' as screenshots throughout the year.

Something like Ferrari, would've been locked behind very big closed doors...
 
Just wait until GT4 actually comes out. There's going to be a site full of questions like this.
 
We'll figure it out quickly enough once the game itself is out. Even the "hidden" vehicles (like the F1 cars in GT3) will be quickly found out once folks pop the game into their computer and pick it's files apart. :)

I, for one, will be far too busy playing the game to check the forums, though, and I think I'd rather be surprised, like I was when I won my first F1 car... if I finish a certain race or whatever, and suddenly find a Ferrari 308 in my garage. :)
 
I have no idea.. lol I don't know enough about the various models. :) But I've always liked the 308. :) Of course, it'll be moot in the end, because if Ferrari does somehow end up in the game, I'll own them all. :)

I did some digging.. turns out these very forums are one of the best sources of news on the 'net, it popped up quite a few times on Google, so I came back here to do my digging.

EA currently owns the Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche licenses. Old news. KY has stated previously (months/years ago) that Ferrari couldn't be in GT because of the huge amounts of money needed. This is most likely the fault of EA, since any other developer who wants a Ferrari has to go through EA and Ferrari together to get it. And as we all know, GT is EA's worst nightmare.. the "NFS-Killer" (I tend to agree.. while I do enjoy the NFS games, I find GT a much better game on virtually every level). So EA probably quoted a number far larger than Sony/PD were willing to pay. However, there's also numerous mentions of Ferrari's desire to be in GT, as well as KY's desire to have them. So it seems reasonable to assume that once the deal with EA expires, that Ferrari's new licensing agreement will most likely be a non-exclusive renewal with EA, thus allowing PD to bypass EA entirely and get the license directly from Ferrari at a much reduced rate.

I would assume the same would hold true for Porsche and Lamborghini as well. I've found no mention of those two companies' desire to be in the game, but there are also no mentions of ANY company anywhere who does NOT want their car in GT. In fact, after the success of GT1, manufacturers approached PD with the desire for their cars to be in KY's game. I'm sure that, aside from the current exclusive license, both Porsche and Lamborghini would probably have no objections at all to their cars being in GT, and may even encourage it by offering PD a good rate on the license.

Unfortunately at this point it's all conjecture. If KY is indeed holding out on us, and still has some "surprises" for us in the form of these three licenses, then there will probably be no mention whatsoever of these manufacturers until after the game is released and the cat's already out of the bag.
 
If everyone complains so much about these threads, which yes, i'm sick of the same thing too, then just don't reply to them. The less you reply, the faster it gets off the front page, and everyone is happier.
 
omfg. browse if your search doesnt work, this is about the most talked about topic on the internet about gt4. come on...
 
Long-discussed on GTPlanet. Heck, I've even made my own thread here (search for it). You want Ferraris? Your best bet is with XBOX. Project Gotham Racing 2 and OutRun 2 are your meal tickets. I don't know about Enthusia or Forza, but you can search for Ferraris in those respective games as well. Ferraris and Porsches were tested as I heard, but for the most part, Ferrari and Porsche may have to wait. It's been long-discussed here, and let's see what the Moderators plan to do with this thread here.

And if you get Ferraris, they may be in the form of tuned models. Ever play "Pro Race Driver?" Included is the Koenig C62... which looks more like a Porsche 962C (correct?). Of course, if you want to talk Koenig, there's already a thread on it now. Meanwhile, I don't think this topic is going to last long.
 
TOCA also has the Koenig version of the Testarossa, I can't remember it's designation offhand. Interesting that they were able to get the car in there without a Ferrari license.
 
These three manufacturers are going to be in Forza for sure so if you want them, go buy an Xbox with Forza like I will. Anyway, if somone jumps in the spot left by EA for the Ferrari, Porsche an Lambo license, it will most likely be Microsoft, they probably paid whatever amount of money needed to get all them. The only question here is if these agreements were exclusive or not, wich is very unlikely IMO, because the car makers would not want to miss an eventual big deal with PD or someone else just because of their actual contract.

I don't know about Enthusia or Forza, but you can search for Ferraris in those respective games as well.

John, Enthusia will be on PS2, so it's very unlikely these car brands will be in, Sony is behind the game so EA or whoever has the rights won't give them to Sony.

see ya :sly:
 
Needless to say the Ferrari Licence is managed too keep it's exlusivity to a maximum and what they have done is created a club of sort's and the members of this Club can invite other members it's all very exlusive and posh as you would imagine companies who are in the club.

Hot Wheels
EA
Microsoft
Sega

and any other manufacturer or anything that displays the Ferrari badge, in order to get into the club you need to be invited, simple as that.

but the compo i.e. Microsoft & EA & SEGA have to agree

I've read this somewhere when I find out where I'll post a link.

PD will most likely never get the licence or have to pay out major cash for the licence it's all to do with exlusivity, for Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari and other's a major part of the licence is keeping it exlusive which is why PD will find it hard to obtain it simple fact really :)
 
Well, don't forget that, by all accounts, Ferrari WANTS to be in GT. For that reason alone, their new contract with MS/EA/Whoever will most likely not be exclusive, that Ferrari will then be able to pick and choose what games (ANY games) the brand ends up in.
 
Jedi2016
Well, don't forget that, by all accounts, Ferrari WANTS to be in GT. For that reason alone, their new contract with MS/EA/Whoever will most likely not be exclusive, that Ferrari will then be able to pick and choose what games (ANY games) the brand ends up in.

wrong Ferrai's desire *head chief* has no bearing on this club the club was founded to protect the licence and it also protects the interests of the current members

mainly :

EA
Microsoft
SEGA

If PD is a liabity to the exlusivity of the Ferrari licence then they simpily will be barred at the gates and if they get past the gates they have to deal with the guards, EA, Microsoft and SEGA and the ammount of money and influnce they throw around PD wont have a chance.
 
Back