• 68 comments

LogiForce

Premium
Netherlands
Groningen, Netherlands
LogiForce86
LogiForce
Hi guys,

I just want to make you guys aware that the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel running firmware v37 (emulating a Logitech G27) is bugged in GT6's Simulation FFB mode, and therefor the Logitech G27 itself most likely as well.
You can feel this by the lack of curb rumble and rather odd FFB behaviour that makes it hard to control the cars due to wrong seat of pants feel.

I will copy the following temp fix for the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel owners here. I an sorry, but the Logitech G27 owners will need to wait for Polyphony Digital to provide a permanent fix.

Original post like: Fanatec Announcements: Updated OP

Temporary Solution: Bad FFB CSW in GT6

Guys, I found the (temp) fix for our GT6 FFB issue.
What you need to do is flash back your CSW to Firmware v32.

Firmwares: http://eu.fanatec.com/RacingWheels/ClubSportWheelBaseEU

The following difference between firmware v32 and v37 are the key to this fix.

Firmware 32: Emulation of Logitech G25 in PS3 Mode (no working rev lights (G25 didn't have any))
Firmware 37: Emulation of Logitech G27 in PS3 Mode (with working rev lights)

So what this means is that basically the G25 works fine and has a working Simulation FFB mode in GT6, while the G27 users have a messed up Simulation FFB mode in GT6.
This means that when you flash back you loose the rev lights, but I shift on hear or the on screen light instead myself. So I rather have a working FFB system instead so I can enjoy the game.

So all you got to do is download the firmware from the Fanatec site, follow the documented instructions included in the ZIP archive.
Make sure that after you rebooted your wheel you...

a) Reset your profile by holding down the tuning menu button while S_1 is displayed
b) Recalibrate the center of the wheel by putting the wheel in the center and hitting both thumb sticks while S_1 is being displayed
c) Recalibrate your H-shifter
d) Please don't forget to enjoy GT6 :)

Personally I initially used Simulation, with Powersteering, Strength 10 in game and on the wheel FOR 100. Which equals to about the same feel I had with the T500, though I feel that the T500 is slightly sharper/spiky'er on the curb rumble in general (so not game related, but device firmware related).

Edit: Decided to go to Simulation, no Powersteering, Strength 8 instead. With powersteering the wheel goes silly light and strength 10 felt like it was clipping from the game. Better to leave some room in the game and adjust on the wheel instead if desired.

Anyways... happy driving guys. :gtpflag:

I use the g27, simulation setting, everything off, abs 1. I have not experienced any problems. What should I look out for?

Same here? I suppose?

I've had no problems really... unless the problem is mixing with the new physics and I can't really tell...

If there is a problem... I sure hope it gets sorted.

my g27 was working fine before the second update when I booted up the game. I used to be able to feel abs kicking in and all the ffb on curbs. now that I even if i try to hit a wall nothing.

As others have said, Simulation is only for DFGT and DF Pro, not the G27. Further the issue you are talking about is specific to Fanatec. SOmething to do with the way GT6, the Logitec G2X profile thats used and the wheel. THey don't all talk well together. The g25-7 work just fine still though. At least, thats been my experience, the experience of a few here, and lots of other posts I have read as well. Only Fanatec is effected.

@LogiForce I know you know what you're talking about. So, why would you even try to use Simulation Mode knowing it only affects wheels that are pre Driving Force Pro (GT4 wheel)? Those settings had no affect on my DFP in GT5p, nor G25 in GT5p & GT5. They don't affect my T500 in 5 or 6.

thank you so much, was getting so annoyed at how bad it felt on my CSW with 37 FW. will give this a try.

and i love how many people failed to even read the OP lol. this is for people with a fanatec CSW, which emulates G25/G27 on PS3....

How does one go about reporting this Logitech G27 issue to Sony or PD?

I also have a CSW with v37 and don't want to downgrade to play GT6 (Have not purchased the game yet)

My Fanatec CSR Elite feels great in GT6, can feel every bump in the road and if I hit a wall just right it feels like it is going to rip my arm off ;)

Simulation mode in GT is not related to FFB, it's only for steering wheels with less than 900 degrees (old wheels) and its purpose is to modify the steering behaviour to be more or less direct.
So if we have a G25/G27/Fanatec wheel, what mode should we use?

DFGT works, but is not great:

• Only a few of the rumble strips can be felt

• Steering wheel weight is way too heavy - and same for all cars.

• Centre-spring strength is way too high and same pressure regardless of speed or type of car.

• There is no road feel, bumps or anything

• Crashing into some walls will affect the wheel vibration, others don't

• There is no indication of losing wheel grip through the wheel.

FFB therefore, on the DFGT (the "Official Wheel" - lol) is unfiinshed to say the least.

I really would like to know what are the opinions of other wheel users about the FFB.
May be just a problem with the G27 (Wheel I use) but the FFB seems spot on as long as you are driving within the boundaries of grip, because as soon as you start drifting and reach a certain angle its just goes stupid.

FFB just gets stronger and the centre spring strength just doesn´t let you let go of the wheel so it can naturally countersteer until you catch it again.
This has been my major problem with the gameplay until now.

Some extremely tight and low speed turns (like doing a U-turn) are causing a weird constant vibration with my T500 that GT5 did not have. I know it's not relative to the OLD Gran Turismo 3 WHEEL (Driving Force) which "Simulation" mode applies to, it's still a weird abnormality.

DFGT works, but is not great:

• Only a few of the rumble strips can be felt

• Steering wheel weight is way too heavy - and same for all cars.

• Centre-spring strength is way too high and same pressure regardless of speed or type of car.

• There is no road feel, bumps or anything

• Crashing into some walls will affect the wheel vibration, others don't

• There is no indication of losing wheel grip through the wheel.

FFB therefore, on the DFGT (the "Official Wheel" - lol) is unfiinshed to say the least.

Is this the first time you play on Gran Turismo with a wheel?
Cause GT is not well known for it's realistic and acurate Force Feedback you see..

I really would like to know what are the opinions of other wheel users about the FFB.
May be just a problem with the G27 (Wheel I use) but the FFB seems spot on as long as you are driving within the boundaries of grip, because as soon as you start drifting and reach a certain angle its just goes stupid.

FFB just gets stronger and the centre spring strength just doesn´t let you let go of the wheel so it can naturally countersteer until you catch it again.
This has been my major problem with the gameplay until now.
I'm finding FFB not very good with G27, not as good as GT5. I remember trying out the T500RS on first few builds of GT6 shown to public and it felt much better so hopefully they can improve G27 support in the game as I know it can have more FFB effects than is being used. I remember DFGT had awesome feedback in GT games so they look like they concentrate on their wheels first.

and i love how many people failed to even read the OP lol. this is for people with a fanatec CSW, which emulates G25/G27 on PS3....
Erm, maybe because the VERY FIRST sentence of the OP ends like this ", and therefor the Logitech G27 itself most likely as well" which is why others a responding about the fact that it's not an issue found in the G27? I mean, I am no english major but, I am almost exactly, positively certain that that sentence ties in more then just the Fanatec wheel. Any other mention that I can find of a wheel is pretty much that the "simulation" setting isn't for the fanatec wheel, but the DFGT and old wheels, which is true as well.

Back