FFB settings recommendations

• Thread starter lilcat89
  • 56 comments
@Corsa PC or PS4? I think this kind of wheels (the one that is mid to high end with lots of customization and a brain) shines on PC more than anything else due to the deep control you have over it.

@Corsa PC or PS4? I think this kind of wheels (the one that is mid to high end with lots of customization and a brain) shines on PC more than anything else due to the deep control you have over it.

PC.
I had been switching between a few custom ffb mods found over at racedepartment but honestly just using the SMS file with immersive feels better to me.

I think also alot of it is down to hardware.
Since buying the Fanatec, all sims feel better.
I'm picking up on ffb effects I just couldn't feel on the T150 which sounds small, but makes a big difference.

After watching @Scaff ’s video I opted for this. I like the feeling thus way. No more irritating rumbling. G25 btw.

D6C2FFBD-8726-48A6-89E2-7B0C68C2FD27.jpeg

Weird and interesting!

On my PS4, and my G29, I gave all flavors another go and still preferred RAW for me.

Immersive makes the wheel heavy and makes road surfaces strong (which I don't like since I prefer to know what the car is doing rather than the road); informative seems better than immersive to me, but still feels over communicative and kinda fake sometimes.

Oh and what always seals the deal for me on RAW, is the shacking I have with immersive and informative on straights!
If I let go of my wheel on a perfect smooth straight in either or those 2 flavors, the wheel starts shacking (turning left and right) while it doesn't happen on RAW.

So yeah it is what it is! Different wheels, different tastes, different people, etc...

These feel roughly the same to me with these settings, using the TX I quite like the feel of all 3.

Immersive

Informative

Raw

Edited

Last edited:
I upped the gain to 100

So now with immersive:

It is as close to my reference AC I can get. I can feel the wheel getting lighter when I turn too much. I can feel the curbs too this way.

The problem I am having is driving me nuts. I think it is a clipping issue, but I can not figure out how to solve it. I have now spent days trying. I am running PC2 on a PS4 Pro with a Fanatic CLS wheel and pedals. My FFB settings in Formula C are 100/50/50/50.

When entering a corner, the car turns in way too abruptly. After I get that under control, I set the wheel to complete the turn (and this is really apparent during long sweepers either to the right or the left) and without moving the wheel, the front end straightens out a little, turns a little, then straightens out again, going through this cycle until I unwind the wheel at the end of the turn. I most cases, the car then continues to turn for a short period before heading in the intended direction.

Going to “immersive” as suggested helped but did not eliminate the problem.

It is most apparent in open-wheel cars. In Formula Rookie each oscillation was accompanied by a drop of about 500 RPM. It is doing the same thing in Formula C. I don’t see the phenomenon as much in sports cars.

HELP!

That doesn't sound like a FFB problem and the fact that you say that the revs oscillate as well would seem to go with that.

A couple of things I can think of.
Have you calibrated your wheel and pedals fully in the menus?
Do you perhaps have one or more of the assists enabled? They might be trying to correct your cornering speed.

Someone with a Fanatec might be able to help you further.

Last edited:
Do you have your calibration settings? I calibrated last week and I feel worst than ever.
I don't really have any settings for calibration, I just follow the instructions and press the pedals and turn the wheel as required. I do however set/hold the wheel so that it shows 900° (90° on the actual wheel) on the second part of the wheel calibration

I do have settings I use for FFB if required. Although FFB feel is very much a personal thing.

(By the way I have a G29)

I don't really have any settings for calibration, I just follow the instructions and press the pedals and turn the wheel as required. I do however set/hold the wheel so that it shows 900° (90° on the actual wheel) on the second part of the wheel calibration

I do have settings I use for FFB if required. Although FFB feel is very much a personal thing.

(By the way I have a G29)
Yeah.. thanks for your reply. I also have a G29 too. I was referring to the values when you calibrate the wheel. I followed the instructions, but for some reason I feel the wheel worst. For example, yesterday I was driving Ferrari Gt3 and when i pasted 90 degrees, the wheel makes a "TRACK" and seems to do not turn like the first 90 degrees.

Hmm @speedy10, irregular steering input. It sounds similar to @mllombard's problem. You haven't perhaps switched on a steering/corner assist without realising?

Last edited:
@speedy10
I'd say that these are the main ones that will affect your steering input (with the settings that should provide the most realistic experience)
Steering Assistance = No
Driving Assists = Authentic
Opposite Lock Assist = No

Of coarse if you think you need them enabled that's fine. Opposite lock assist can be helpful if you're having trouble with a loose rear end! The steering assist will have the most detrimental effect on your wheel inputs.

You mean car default assists? I will try to put on all assistance.

I suggest you don't use any steering assistance at all (ie . = off). Having them on probably means this game is not for you. I takes away the natural feel that is there.

Regarding FFB, I am now on:

I upped the gain to 100

So now with immersive:

feels pretty good

Edit:
Pretty good, but still not an par with AC. In AC I can feel what the car is doing. In PC2, I mainly have to use my eyes on what the car is doing.

Last edited:
@MarcoM @IfAndOr thanks for the advice :bowdown::bowdown:.
Yesterday I tried your settings and now it feels pretty good. I disabled all steering assistance and put driving assistance = Authentic. Then I tested the Ford Sierra in Barcelona GP (yeah, I love challenges haha) and the car felt great. Fortunately I was running against IA so my mistakes did not affect human people. :dunce:
Just a tip for those who have problems and feel the wheel strange - Keep in mind that when you start a practice or a qualy wheels are still cold, so this may affect how the car feels.

@speedy10 glad things seem to have improved.

I forgot to mention that on the controls/configuration page make sure your steering sensitivity is set to 50. Otherwise what you do with the wheel won't match what happens onscreen.

There's a lot of more detailed information about all the settings HERE.

I've started to fiddle about with informative @ 100,40,20,30 so far I'm liking it alot :)
Yeah I've switched to using informative quite a lot with my G29. I find it works well with that wheel. Quite lively. That and RAW

Since you have a G29 @speedy10 my current settings are...
Informative (or raw)
Gain - 86
Volume - 35
Tone - 60
FX - 0
(I increase or decrease the volume and tone as required for different cars via a external keypad that I have mapped - highly recommended)

Informative I would think is quite a good setting for those coming from GTS since it highlights the rear of the car more.

Yeah I've switched to using informative quite a lot with my G29. I find it works well with that wheel. Quite lively. That and RAW

Informative (or raw)
Gain - 86
Volume - 35
Tone - 60
FX - 0
(I increase or decrease the volume and tone as required for different cars via a external keypad that I have mapped - highly recommended)

Informative I would think is quite a good setting for those coming from GTS since it highlights the rear of the car more.
Wow 60 on tone with informative? I must have an issue then, because I'm using a TX & if I go above 30 then my red clipping bar just rises without me even touching the wheel, it's like invisible forces being sent to the wheel :confused: that's why I got it set at 20 (no issues whatsoever with raw or immersive though)

if I go above 30 then my red clipping bar just rises
Odd! Informative should be self calibrating after a couple of laps, so whatever you set it to you shouldn't get clipping because it will adjust it away. I adjusted mine on raw first and, unless you move it to the extremes, tone didn't add to much clipping from the 30 to 70 point. I suppose that's because it's a sliding scale, more of one effect less of the other.

I could say try lowering the FX level. That can add quite a bit of clipping. Informative can already give you some of those effects anyway.

Odd! Informative should be self calibrating after a couple of laps, so whatever you set it to you shouldn't get clipping because it will adjust it away. I adjusted mine on raw first and, unless you move it to the extremes, tone didn't add to much clipping from the 30 to 70 point. I suppose that's because it's a sliding scale, more of one effect less of the other.

I could say try lowering the FX level. That can add quite a bit of clipping. Informative can already give you some of those effects anyway.
I'll try 0 on FX see how it goes.

Informative (or raw)
Gain - 86
Volume - 35
Tone - 60
FX - 0

G29 owner here. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing

Back