[FGTA] 1.5 Hour's of Laguna Seca: EVENT OVERFinished 

• Thread starter Charlie A
  • 478 comments
will it be red flagged and re start or will the person who gets a DC just be classed as a engine failure DNF
Well I mean I don't think we should restart If people get dc'd during race. Especially if we are far into race. I am betting at least one will get dc'd too

Just going to say if you're in a low class car the best way to avoid an LMP passing you in a place which you don't like is moving into the middle of track so the LMP won't try a move. Been a victim but just saying. :)

Just going to say if you're in a low class car the best way to avoid an LMP passing you in a place which you don't like is moving into the middle of track so the LMP won't try a move. Been a victim but just saying. :)
Guys when an LMP passes, like he said or I prefer you let the LMP driver like me keep their line and you go on the outside usually but maybe on inside

For LMP drivers:

Just because you can pass, doesn't mean you should pass. At least 2 corners come to mind that it is not safe to lap a slower GT car. It's your job to make sure the pass is executed cleanly(providing the GT driver is not acting like an idiot:lol:)

For LMP drivers:

Just because you can pass, doesn't mean you should pass. At least 2 corners come to mind that it is not safe to lap a slower GT car. It's your job to make sure the pass is executed cleanly(providing the GT driver is not acting like an idiot:lol:)
Yea I know, I have to be careful too and like in real LMP racing with lower class cars, take my time. Corkscrew isn't a good place to pass but where else? The follow through?

Yea I know, I have to be careful too and like in real LMP racing with lower class cars, take my time. Corkscrew isn't a good place to pass but where else? The follow through?
Corkscrew and Turn 6(based on track map in OP).

I don't mean stopping every time someone disconnects but maybe like when a car hit a car in a wreck on the corkscrew something.

How are we starting the race? Are we going to use built in qualifying in game or do qualifying starting from pits with fastest first? Then when race starts if we do second thing will we do warm up lap then line up on grid?

Ah yes. That brings up a good point.

More information on lapping is in section 8.4.2.5

If you try to avoid being lapped by defending your position against a higher class car, you may be penalized for "ignoring blue flags". If you feel someone was ignoring blue flags, please fill out the incident report form and the stewards will look into it.
that makes since. Let the LMP's go by!

How are we starting the race? Are we going to use built in qualifying in game or do qualifying starting from pits with fastest first? Then when race starts if we do second thing will we do warm up lap then line up on grid?
That im not sure. I one time added an extra lap to the race to do a parade lap. then we grid up and go. Im not sure about qualli, seems odd to do it in practice mode...

That im not sure. I one time added an extra lap to the race to do a parade lap. then we grid up and go. Im not sure about qualli, seems odd to do it in practice mode...
I've done it before like that this past weekend. Just give spacing between cars and go. Set room to fastest first and fastest will be first on grid. I think we should do the parade lap first too.

Back