FIA European Truck Racing Championship Review: A Promising (but Niche) Rookie Debut

30 fps on consoles? Thats pretty bad. If i was into trucks, i might give it a try on PC, but im more the GT3/DTM kind of guy.

Of course this game is the only console racer to actually get Mosport...

It does look fun though. I’m not going to spend money on it but I’d like to play it at some point.

Of course this game is the only console racer to actually get Mosport...

It does look fun though. I’m not going to spend money on it but I’d like to play it at some point.

That’s me, I’ll wait till it goes on sale.

Picked this up on sale on the PS store, little time in it but find it very fun. It’s kinda what I would imagine driving my pickup on a track.
Bummed that I haven’t seen any online lobbies but ah well.

Picked this up on sale on the PS store, little time in it but find it very fun. It’s kinda what I would imagine driving my pickup on a track.
Bummed that I haven’t seen any online lobbies but ah well.
How would you compared it to MBTR(Mercedes Benz Truck Racing), if ever you tried that game? Was pretty believable to me back then, fun physics at least, and challenging in a realistic style.

How would you compared it to MBTR(Mercedes Benz Truck Racing), if ever you tried that game? Was pretty believable to me back then, fun physics at least, and challenging in a realistic style.
Never played that one, but the physics feels about right. Lots of weight on the front and none on the back.

For some reason they have a setting on the wheel for “Road texture” (not sure they call it that) and it was set to 0 by default. I had to crank it up to 100 to feel curbs and such.

Do you plan on playing with a pad or wheel?
I haven’t done any racing just the License tests.

If it's as good as mbtr, definitely with my g29 set. Sounds were pretty good too on mbtr, with heavy tire skid sound on braking with the hard to stop weight of the trucks.

Oups thought i clicked to reply your post @dlshearon.

If it's as good as mbtr, definitely with my g29 set. Sounds were pretty good too on mbtr, with heavy tire skid sound on braking with the hard to stop weight of the trucks.

Oups thought i clicked to reply your post @dlshearon.
I’ll stream it some tomorrow and you can see. You have to keep your brakes cool and you can tell with sound, visuals, & FFB that the 🤬 is comin around.

I use in cab view but there are 2 chase cams, bumper, 2 in cab, & helmet view. Kinda like Pcars helmet cam with sound.

I’ll stream it some tomorrow and you can see. You have to keep your brakes cool and you can tell with sound, visuals, & FFB that the 🤬 is comin around.

I use in cab view but there are 2 chase cams, bumper, 2 in cab, & helmet view. Kinda like Pcars helmet cam with sound.
Sounds good.

Just picked this up in the Xbox racing game sale. Bit of a hidden gem this one. Faithful rule set with a shallow but good enough career mode, nice depth to the driving model and it is something a bit different. I like how they've captured how different trucks are to race/drive. Things like the turbo coming on boost, if you don't manage your throttle it will just spin off as the boost and torque hits, keeping you brakes managed is great and the racing is enjoyable.

Just picked this up in the Xbox racing game sale. Bit of a hidden gem this one. Faithful rule set with a shallow but good enough career mode, nice depth to the driving model and it is something a bit different. I like how they've captured how different trucks are to race/drive. Things like the turbo coming on boost, if you don't manage your throttle it will just spin off as the boost and torque hits, keeping you brakes managed is great and the racing is enjoyable.
Glad, makes me sad i missed the sale just now, was good price at 26cad. On psn.

Just bought this on sale on PSN for twenty bucks. It doesn’t seem to want to read my G27 w/ DriveHub adapter. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck playing with a controller?

Just bought this on sale on PSN for twenty bucks. It doesn’t seem to want to read my G27 w/ DriveHub adapter. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck playing with a controller?
If I remember correctly I had to turn the controller off before loading the game or it was load game and with the DS4 go into controller settings and switch it to the wheel.
It’s been a month since I’ve played it, but I’ll load it up on my lunch break in an hour and see the correct way to get ya going.

@Studentdriver
Not to double post but, use the DS4 go into options, controls, then switch it to steering wheel. Truck on brotha!
It wasn’t quite that simple but it led me on the right path. Turning off the controller to plug it into the adapter left me stuck with the no controller prompt, but turning on a second controller brought me back to the menu with Steering Wheel now an option. Thanks!

It wasn’t quite that simple but it led me on the right path. Turning off the controller to plug it into the adapter left me stuck with the no controller prompt, but turning on a second controller brought me back to the menu with Steering Wheel now an option. Thanks!
I’m not the best with putting stuff in words, ask my wife. :lol::lol:

I bought this a while ago for around £20 I always notice it on amazon and the price is always up and down like crazy, just now its at...Huh..I wouldn't pay that for it...Its an ok game....
wtf.jpg

I bought this a while ago for around £20 I always notice it on amazon and the price is always up and down like crazy, just now its at...Huh..I wouldn't pay that for it...Its an ok game....
View attachment 947971
How would you compare it to mbtr Mercedes Benz truck racing game back on pc years ago if ever you tried that one too? I thought back then that it was pretty satisfying on the sim side.

Im sorry i never had that game, so i cant compare it....The trucks feel trucky if you know what i mean...I play with a wheel and pedals, its pretty good, but it`s not worth that price really, I dont know why the price always goes up...

What is going on with this game, I still dont get why people think it`s worth this much, just seen these on ebay....As a brand new game when it came out i thought it was only worth about £30...hmmmm

And a few screenshot from me...wish it had a photomode..oh well....

truck wth.jpg
FIA European Truck Racing Championship_20200613132220.jpg
FIA European Truck Racing Championship_20200613132548.jpg
FIA European Truck Racing Championship_20200613141249.jpg

No i have it on ps4 i cant understand why its so expensive, because i saw it on amazon yesterday so i just looked on ebay and thought oh my god what the heck...

Back