FIA Formula E Season 17-18 (Season 4)Open Wheel 

I have tried to get into Formula E recently, I really did. But I just can't do it. The racing is quite good actually but for me it still is lacking soul I guess. There are two major issues I just can't get over:

- The lack of engine noise: It is really distracting for me and it just reminds me too much of remote contolled cars.
- The tracks: Since I was a motorsport fan from childhood on, I have great memories of the classic race tracks and I love them. The "made-up" tracks in Formula E are just incredibly boring for me and I don't have any emotional connection with them. This is actually an issue I also have with some of the newer F1 tracks.

I do like the idea of an all electric formula but it feels incredibly sterile and artifical to me as it is now. This isn't a post to bash Formula E. I guess I am just a bit disappointed that I just can't get into it.

I follow a few car/motorsport sites on facebook and all of them seem to be pushing Formula E very hard. It certainly feels that they pay them to do it because the amount of comments suggest thats its not widely followed. To me it feels that they are trying too hard. Can anybody confirm this or is Formula E really taking off?

I follow a few car/motorsport sites on facebook and all of them seem to be pushing Formula E very hard. It certainly feels that they pay them to do it because the amount of comments suggest thats its not widely followed. To me it feels that they are trying too hard. Can anybody confirm this or is Formula E really taking off?

I suspect that money is definitely involved. WTF1 post a lot of their race and qual highlights, and 98% of the comments are negative.

98% of the comments are negative.

Isn't that the case with pretty much everything on the internet? Not so sure I would go by what comment sections say to gauge the popularity of anything.

There must be something behind it or else we wouldn't be seeing quite a few manufacturers putting money behind factory efforts. Personally I can't get into it due to the car swap thing, once that goes away I could see myself watching it more.

There must be something behind it or else we wouldn't be seeing quite a few manufacturers putting money behind factory efforts. Personally I can't get into it due to the car swap thing, once that goes away I could see myself watching it more.
Good job it's going next season, then.

Looks like the BBC has got their hands on UK coverage for 2018/19, via their TV red button, iPlayer and sport website platforms. Details are a bit hit-and-miss at the moment, such as whether it will simply take the championship's world feed or create its own programme, but they'll show every race live with at least one on either BBC One or Two during season five.

The races themselves will also be streamed live for the UK on FE's YouTube channel with a rotating team of YouTube 'influencers', anchored by regular host Laurence McKenna, in a studio at YouTube Space London.

Back