FIA Formula E Season 17-18 (Season 4)Open Wheel 

Skip to 1:09:00 for Vergne's pole lap where he spun at the final corner but was still able to go fastest.

Race 1 of the season was brilliant. Bird took victory despite messing up his pit stop and getting a Drive through penalty. Vergne and Heidfeld started, while Buemi and Di Grassi had disasters.

So Daniel Abt won the race today. Or so we thought. He's been disqualified for having the wrong inverter in the car compared to the one declared. So Felix Rosenqvist, who spun at Turn 1 on the first lap inherits the win from Mortara (who spun out of the lead with two laps to go) and Evans for Jaguars first podium.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the amount of times Formula E has disqualified drivers from the lead, or the amount of times the professional teams have sent out illegal cars. You'd have thought by now that the teams would know how thoroughly the scrutineers check the cars. You dont see Formula 1 regularly disqualifying drivers for having under-inflated tyres or something. The FE teams need to look at how they operate, because that's the third time Audi at least has been disqualified from a win.

So Daniel Abt won the race today. Or so we thought. He's been disqualified for having the wrong inverter in the car compared to the one declared. So Felix Rosenqvist, who spun at Turn 1 on the first lap inherits the win from Mortara (who spun out of the lead with two laps to go) and Evans for Jaguars first podium.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the amount of times Formula E has disqualified drivers from the lead, or the amount of times the professional teams have sent out illegal cars. You'd have thought by now that the teams would know how thoroughly the scrutineers check the cars. You dont see Formula 1 regularly disqualifying drivers for having under-inflated tyres or something. The FE teams need to look at how they operate, because that's the third time Audi at least has been disqualified from a win.
If the components don't align, surely there's a reason for it. But it seems to be mainly Abt Audi that do it. Looking at the figures, the Abt team have been DQ'd 3 times from wins ever and twice for Buemi last year.

The Sao Paulo race has been postponed and replaced with fan-favorite Punta Del Este.
Check out any big site for a link, it's 2am where I am.

The concepts are never as good as real life.

Well, here it is. And it looks bloody good.

Once again, FE continues to prove why it's my favourite open-wheel series. They've even made the halo look alright...

Well, here it is. And it looks bloody good.

Once again, FE continues to prove why it's my favourite open-wheel series. They've even made the halo look alright...

You remove the Halo or replace it with a full canopy, it's an absolutely incredible car. The rest of the car is still definitely incredible though.

Also, have you watched IndyCar?

Also, have you watched IndyCar?
Yes, I have. And it seems alright, right up to the moment when someone brings up its internal problems, at which point it suddenly seems less alright. At least its new cars look good, too...

Expectably contrived styling, but at least they drop the embarrassing mid-race car swap.

JEV wins in Chile and I believe he takes the championship lead. The last ten laps of this race were incredible and I recommend you go watch them when you can!

Cars look great now. Plus battery technology improvements mean no more swapping. However the formula E tracks are truly awful. Short, Slow, bland with no character and makes the racing really dull. Use proper race circuits and it would be alot more interesting to watch. plus that ‘fan boost’ thing is laughable at best. At the moment, formula E is just too painful for my eyes !

I never thought I would see the day where someone would have to explain to the media that they ran out of clean underwear. :lol:

So Formula E is boring to some? Well if you think that way, at least consider this race in Punta del Este, Uruguay was nuts! No shortage of excitement in this one. I admit I haven't kept up with a lot of racing series, including Formula E, which has always fascinated me since its inception. That was a great race! Congratulations to the winner and a good job by all drivers.

By the way, I would love to see how the next-generation Formula E car performs.

Back