FIA - Formula GT Race SeriesFinished 

Canada
Canada
Mattarmstrong

gaming-gran-turismo-6-logo.jpg

formula1-logo2.png

Welcome! I want to create a fun, competitive and enjoyable race series exclusive to the Formula Gran Turismo chassis. Have a look around and stay a while!

Rules: I want this series to be as fair as possible for all drivers involved. Things like cutting corners, intentionally causing collisions etc. will not be tolerated. These are things that ruin the race for everyone and effectively ruin the driving experience. Drivers will be kicked out of the series with due cause. Use Common Sense! Be a respectful, fair racer, and the same courtesy will be extended to you!

Regulations: Formula Gran Turismo Chassis @ 760 bhp, 690 kg per 2014 FIA regulations
Beyond these specifications, all other tuning or modification is allowed.

Room Settings:

• Room Host: Mattarmstrong
    • High race quality
    • Microphones disabled
    • Light Mechanical Damage
    • Penalties: Weak
    • Real slipstream
    • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Normal"
    • Boost: Off
    • Real grip reduction
    • Visual damage off
    • Collisions on
    • Racing line on
    • Traction control off
    • ABS allowed
    • All other assists off
Qualifying procedure: 15 minute qualifier will determine grid order.

Pit Rules: - Mandatory Pit Stop(s) will be enforced
-Pit Lane Exit: No driver will cross Pit Exit Lane! A 5s penalty will be issued by the penalty system implemented in Gran Turismo.

Tyres: Soft/Med tyre arrangement. Each tyre must be used for a minimum of 10 laps per race.
- Arrangements of Soft fr./Med bk. or vice versa are disallowed.

Collision Policy:
Collisions resulting in considerable losses of time and/or positions should be reported to myself via the Playstation Network upon completion of the race, along with the members involved and the accompanying lap number. If the collision is reviewed and deemed deliberate, the instigating party will be disqualified, or at the very least issued a penalty at my own personal discretion. Collisions resulting from aggressive, careless driving could also potentially result in a penalty/disqualification depending on the severity of the accident. I understand that collisions/mistakes are unavoidable in auto racing, and that we are all human. I also know the disappointment/frustration that follows a collision that has the potential to ruin a race. Just be smart! When in doubt, drive defensively.

Lag Policy: Drivers who do not have a reliable connection, or intentionally D/C during a race will be issued 2 warnings before their subsequent removal from the series. Problems arise when people lag during races, so please do your best to avoid this reality.

Caution Rule: If a collision occurs between two drivers in the first lap, both drivers will then pause and type "caution". The field will slow to 120km/75mph and allow for the driver(s) to catch up. They will then assume the positions they qualified in, and the rest of the field will continue at that same speed until the first driver reaches the start/finish line.

Pace Lap Procedure: Drivers will stay in their grid spots determined by qualifying. Each driver will give adequate space to the driver in front of them to avoid collisions. The pack will proceed at a speed of 120km/75mph, until the first driver crosses the start/finish line. Under no circumstances may overtaking occur. Please stay at the specified speed, and avoid sudden starts and stops while the pace lap occurs. Follow these rules to ensure a smooth pace lap and a seamless transition into the remainder of the race.

Point System:

• 1st: 30 point

• 2nd: 26 points

• 3rd: 23 points

• 4th: 20 points

• 5th: 18 points

• 6th: 16 points

• 7th: 14 points

• 8th: 12 points

• 9th: 10 points

• 10th: 8 points

• 11th: 6 points

• 12th: 5 points

• 13th: 4 points

• 14th: 3 points

• 15th: 2 points

• 16th: 1 points
Pole Position: 1 point
Fastest Lap: 1 point
*Final Race will be worth double*

Race Times: 3pm Eastern Standard Time, Sunday (subject to change)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Driver List:

1. Driver name: Mattarmstrong, Livery: Silver/Black
2. Driver name: Weider Livery: Red
3. Driver name: timeee11 Livery: Blue/White
4. Driver name: JoeTruckV8 Livery: Silver/Red/Black
5. Driver name:et_gt5_92 Livery: Red
6. Driver name:gtp_bresson_DK, Livery:
7. Driver name: , Livery:
8. Driver name: , Livery:
9. Driver name: , Livery:
10. Driver name: , Livery:
11. Driver name: , Livery:
12. Driver name: , Livery:
13. Driver name: , Livery:
14. Driver name: , Livery:
15. Driver name: , Livery:
16. Driver name: , Livery:

each driver may choose different colour, with a limit of two cars per livery

- There will be no teams/team championship.

We are all here because we love racing. Lets keep the drama to a minimum so we can all have fun!

Race Schedule:
April 27th, 2014 - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit, 38 laps
May 4th, 2014 - Nurburgring GP/F, 38 laps
May 11th, 2014 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, 32 laps
May 18th, 2014 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza, 38 laps
May 25th, 2014 - Suzuka Circuit, 36 laps
June 1st, 2014 - Ascari Race Resort, 32 laps
June 8th, 2014 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course, 42 laps
June 15th, 2014 - Fuji Speedway F, 38 laps
June 22nd, 2014 - Circuito di Roma, 44 laps
June 29th, 2014 - Côte d'Azur, 42 laps

Please reply to the thread with your PSN name and preferred colour choice, or send me a message either here or on PSN @ Mattarmstrong

ENJOY!

Last edited:
We have a FGT league but in the moment the FGT physic is not very good we wait for updates and when the phyisc is better we can make maybe the league together when you like

Hey immortal may I ask what is wrong with the physics of the fgt? I believe you. Just wondering.

Hey immortal may I ask what is wrong with the physics of the fgt? I believe you. Just wondering.

Ive noticed your still playing gt5 immortal , are the physics that bad in gt6 ?

I havent tried a f1 car yet but in gt5 we had the ferraris

hey skeng how ya been? I'm not exactly sure if you were answering me or talking to immortal..? :)

hey skeng how ya been? I'm not exactly sure if you were answering me or talking to immortal..? :)

Been good , I was talking to both of you sorry not good with the multi quote stuff off the iphone

Ive noticed immortal has said on other threads as well that gt5 is better than gt6 when it comes to the f1 stuff

The FGT is a brutal car in GT5 and thus it is more satisfying to drive, but I don't see a problem with the FGT, it just feels a bit dead but we all have the same car to work with...

The only concern I have with any championship beginning without a proper GT6 update is not the car, it is the Pit Stop Bug and the dreaded Lag/Disconnection during races I've read about. The suggestion I would make is run 2 races instead of one (each 1/2 of the race distance) so there would not be a need to stop, and in the second race do a reverse grid order to mix it up alittle!

Either way it should be fun, a good host, and great preparation for the EXTREME F1 series that ImmortalPilot runs.

The FGT is a brutal car in GT5 and thus it is more satisfying to drive, but I don't see a problem with the FGT, it just feels a bit dead but we all have the same car to work with...

The only concern I have with any championship beginning without a proper GT6 update is not the car, it is the Pit Stop Bug and the dreaded Lag/Disconnection during races I've read about. The suggestion I would make is run 2 races instead of one (each 1/2 of the race distance) so there would not be a need to stop, and in the second race do a reverse grid order to mix it up alittle!

Either way it should be fun, a good host, and great preparation for the EXTREME F1 series that ImmortalPilot runs.
Noted. If we run into a lot of issues when it starts up we can switch it up and what not :sly: I don't think it will be as bad for this series though. Everyone is running the same car so it should be fairly even.

Last edited:

Not saying the discomnect big isnt out there, bit last week i had only 1 drop, and this weekend i didnt drop anybody (9 racers max so far)

Yes skeng I still play GT5 because the F1 Physic is much better there you can feel much better the aspahlt and the braking also better and the handling, in GT6 the car steer very bad you feel nothing when you steer also the grip is a joke when I drive a LMP Car the Grip feel higher than in the FGT Car try out in GT6 the FGT in Suzuka its really horrible to drive, When GT6 was out the FGT was much better than now it have feel a bit like a stock F10 in GT5.
When you guys have time you can try out the FGT in GT6 and in GT5 and can say what you think

I guess I better hit up Tyson,. Mat ate you racing 1 color per driver since there are 16? Or are you running teams 8 colors total 2 drivers per team? Or just buy whatever car you like and bring it to the track?

I guess I better hit up Tyson,. Mat ate you racing 1 color per driver since there are 16? Or are you running teams 8 colors total 2 drivers per team? Or just buy whatever car you like and bring it to the track?

Honestly I couldn't care less what color FGT you use. Just bring an fgt to the track and it's alright with me

Back