FIA GT World Championship [S1] ~racefan88 Wins The Title And Takes Season 1!~ [SIGN UP FOR S2!]Finished 

Should I change this threads name to now official FIA GT World Championship S1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I completed 2 of my 3 goals, the podium finish eluded me, however, with EHS as the teams champion it makes up for everything. @pyrates you are truly an amazing driver.

L3aps5u.gif

SEASON RESULTS

Thank you all for being part of a great series! The staff would like to congratulate the winners!

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

View attachment 175949

View attachment 175947-------------View attachment 175948

TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP

View attachment 175955

View attachment 175953-------------View attachment 175954

Congratulations!

The full and final leaderboard can be viewed here
Here are the season statistics.

SEASON RECAP

The season all started with two preseasons.
The first was at Bathurst, where there were about 12 entrants and only one crossed the finishing line.
The second was much smoother and better, at Monza. ozwheels took the preseason event.

Race 1 was at Suzuka, with many drivers still tweaking their tunes, it was unsure who would be on top. And once again, the race was a mess. Drivers didn’t know what positions they were, they didn’t see some of the drivers on track. So we decided to not count it and go with...

...Monza as like in the preseason was very smooth. arsenal69 took his first and only pole but it was Litchi who took a promising win but there. It was a bad day for three drivers, Brutaka_GT, PIP_36, and CodDemon101, who all were disconnected from the race. With the sprint coming winner Litchi was having internet problems and could not join the room. CodDemon101 took the win, but had a to battle V0RT3X7373 for it until the very end.

Brands Hatch came the weekend after with a full race of 16 drivers. Flying-Chipmunk1 was on his first appearance other than Suzuka and was the driver to look after. He then took pole and won the race. racefan88 came in second and V0RT3X7373 took third. This time however four people were disconnected. Stalliono, Litchi, PIP_36, and CodDemon101. The sprint race was again taken by Flying-Chipmunk1. The series then went to Belgium to take on Circuit Spa-Francorchamps.

Going into this weekend, CrazyGuysRacing had a 1 point lead over Team Phoenix and racefan88 was starting to build his lead gap.

Litchi took pole position at Spa and once again won the endurance race, pyrates in 2nd, and CodDemon101 in 3rd, but Charlie A had the unfortunate disconnection. The sprint was then won by CodDemon101, with pyrates in a close second.

Motegi came the week after and was the only wet race. Brutaka_GT showed his speed on wet tracks by beating Flying-Chipmunk1 to pole. Brutaka_GT got 7th in the race however and Flying-Chipmunk won the race with racefan88 second and pyrates 3rd. It was Litchi who won the sprint race, pyrates 2nd, and Flying-Chipmunk1 3rd.

Nurburgring was the penultimate weekend before the finale at Silverstone. Flying-Chipmunk1 took pole position for the endurance race. He won eventually with CodDemon101 coming second, and pyrates 3rd. The same fate came for Flying-Chipmunk1 in the sprint winning it with racefan88 2nd, and PIP_36 3rd.

So then came the Finale at Silverstone. racefan88 had a commanding lead over the rest coming into the final weekend. Only 8 points were seperating CodDemon101, SSJGZWarrior, Litchi, and Brutaka_GT. Event Horizon Racing was only three points ahead of CrazyGuysRacing. From qualifying results, it was CodDemon101, pyrates, and Litchi who had the pace with CodDemon101 taking pole. The were only .3 seconds seperating their Q times but 1.6 seconds separating Litchi to 4th. Pyrates took the race with Litchi 2nd and SSJGZWarrior 3rd. It was a very unfortunate race for CodDemon101 who disconnected just after repassing pyrates for first. CodDemon101 was then unable to make the sprint race. pyrates won the sprint race as well, with V0RT3X7373 2nd, and PIP_36 3rd, and this time Litchi was the one with the disconnect.

So there it was racefan88 wins the title and Event Horizon Racing winning team championship! Mercedes also won the manufacturer championship.

SEASON RESULTS

Thank you all for being part of a great series! The staff would like to congratulate the winners!

DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP

View attachment 175949

View attachment 175947-------------View attachment 175948

TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP

View attachment 175955

View attachment 175953-------------View attachment 175954

Congratulations!

The full and final leaderboard can be viewed here
Here are the season statistics.

SEASON RECAP

The season all started with two preseasons.
The first was at Bathurst, where there were about 12 entrants and only one crossed the finishing line.
The second was much smoother and better, at Monza. ozwheels took the preseason event.

Race 1 was at Suzuka, with many drivers still tweaking their tunes, it was unsure who would be on top. And once again, the race was a mess. Drivers didn’t know what positions they were, they didn’t see some of the drivers on track. So we decided to not count it and go with...

...Monza as like in the preseason was very smooth. arsenal69 took his first and only pole but it was Litchi who took a promising win but there. It was a bad day for three drivers, Brutaka_GT, PIP_36, and CodDemon101, who all were disconnected from the race. With the sprint coming winner Litchi was having internet problems and could not join the room. CodDemon101 took the win, but had a to battle V0RT3X7373 for it until the very end.

Brands Hatch came the weekend after with a full race of 16 drivers. Flying-Chipmunk1 was on his first appearance other than Suzuka and was the driver to look after. He then took pole and won the race. racefan88 came in second and V0RT3X7373 took third. This time however four people were disconnected. Stalliono, Litchi, PIP_36, and CodDemon101. The sprint race was again taken by Flying-Chipmunk1. The series then went to Belgium to take on Circuit Spa-Francorchamps.

Going into this weekend, CrazyGuysRacing had a 1 point lead over Team Phoenix and racefan88 was starting to build his lead gap.

Litchi took pole position at Spa and once again won the endurance race, pyrates in 2nd, and CodDemon101 in 3rd, but Charlie A had the unfortunate disconnection. The sprint was then won by CodDemon101, with pyrates in a close second.

Motegi came the week after and was the only wet race. Brutaka_GT showed his speed on wet tracks by beating Flying-Chipmunk1 to pole. Brutaka_GT got 7th in the race however and Flying-Chipmunk won the race with racefan88 second and pyrates 3rd. It was Litchi who won the sprint race, pyrates 2nd, and Flying-Chipmunk1 3rd.

Nurburgring was the penultimate weekend before the finale at Silverstone. Flying-Chipmunk1 took pole position for the endurance race. He won eventually with CodDemon101 coming second, and pyrates 3rd. The same fate came for Flying-Chipmunk1 in the sprint winning it with racefan88 2nd, and PIP_36 3rd.

So then came the Finale at Silverstone. racefan88 had a commanding lead over the rest coming into the final weekend. Only 8 points were seperating CodDemon101, SSJGZWarrior, Litchi, and Brutaka_GT. Event Horizon Racing was only three points ahead of CrazyGuysRacing. From qualifying results, it was CodDemon101, pyrates, and Litchi who had the pace with CodDemon101 taking pole. The were only .3 seconds seperating their Q times but 1.6 seconds separating Litchi to 4th. Pyrates took the race with Litchi 2nd and SSJGZWarrior 3rd. It was a very unfortunate race for CodDemon101 who disconnected just after repassing pyrates for first. CodDemon101 was then unable to make the sprint race. pyrates won the sprint race as well, with V0RT3X7373 2nd, and PIP_36 3rd, and this time Litchi was the one with the disconnect.

So there it was racefan88 wins the title and Event Horizon Racing winning team championship! Mercedes also won the manufacturer championship.

what about the IP ?

Incident #13: Charlie and SniperRed hitting SSJGZWarrior turn 3 lap 1
- Charlie's fault he misses his breaking point, hits Warrior and doesn't give back position. 3 IP. SinperRed also hits the two after the initial contact but only after he runs wide before the turn because of a contact with Warrior at exit of turn 2. Not much he could do. NFA towards SniperRed.

Incident #15: Vortex pushing Litchi off track before turn 4 lap 7
- It wasn't so much the rejoining that was problematic. He controlled that surprisingly well. What caused the contact was that he was a bit heavy on throttle resulting in the rear wobbling around. He should have given back the position. 3 IP and a warning to be careful when rejoining and to mind the grip with dirty tires.

Incident #13: Charlie and SniperRed hitting SSJGZWarrior turn 3 lap 1
- Charlie's fault he misses his breaking point, hits Warrior and doesn't give back position. 3 IP. SinperRed also hits the two after the initial contact but only after he runs wide before the turn because of a contact with Warrior at exit of turn 2. Not much he could do. NFA towards SniperRed.

Incident #15: Vortex pushing Litchi off track before turn 4 lap 7
- It wasn't so much the rejoining that was problematic. He controlled that surprisingly well. What caused the contact was that he was a bit heavy on throttle resulting in the rear wobbling around. He should have given back the position. 3 IP and a warning to be careful when rejoining and to mind the grip with dirty tires.
hmmm, I had no idea i did that... Sorry Warrior! :D

hmmm, I had no idea i did that... Sorry Warrior! :D
It's cool bro :) even though I change strategies cause of the time lost I still made out okay at the end got my first podium in the series because of my strategy change, plus it's only a racing incident :)
btw I'm in Mexico and I only have limited service so if my replies are late my bad. lol

Decided to do a review on the whole season

Team and driver's season report: After winning the Replica GT3 (clan) series that me and my friends have going I decided to venture out from our little (clan) we had going and find other series in the GT world and thanks to several of my friends in the (clan) series I found GT Planet. Here is where I found the GT3 series. I joined extremely late (joined after the preseason test), never had experience in the Z4, and had no Idea what I was getting into. First race for me and the team was Monza. We did terrible in our first race was but made improvements going into Brands hatch with a good qualifying starting position. However, it was Spa that turned our season around. I finally got used to driving the Z4 as well as getting a good base set up for it. Plus Spa is my favorite test track for any car. Got a good qualifying position and got my first top 5 in the series at Spa. We carried the momentum to Japan, Motegi. Rain was another bonus for me. Even though I probably didn't have a good set up on the car but running in the (Clan) series has helped me out in preparing a good race strategy for rain races since half our calender races end up being in the rain. So I knew I should do good in the endurance. I got a good start on the endurance went from 6th, I believe, to 3rd after the 2nd turn. I dropped back to 5th but kept a good pace till my system froze on me -_-. Going into Germany things are looking good for drivers championship. I was 7th in points, but both teams and manufacturers championship was not looking so good for us. With only 2 Z4s out of the 4 that raced majority of the season. It showed that BMW will have a terrible season. Heading to Germany we had mixed feeling. I do okay on that track but it being Father's Day I would have to miss the sprint race for family affairs. But I did finish in 4th in the endurance which helped a lot in the drivers championship. Now the finale Silverstone. Another personal favorite track. Going into the final race I tested as much as I could and looked for a good set up for the car especially since update 1.09 skewing up everything. Got my best qualifying position 4th and I knew I was going to try a different strategy for the race. It was a good start. During the endurance I did get into a racing incident but with that it finalize my decision to switch strategy B which was a 3 stopper. I knew if I were to follow everyone else by staying on RM for half distance + then pit for what ever tire then it would be difficult to try to move up or catch up to the others. So, I came in got RS and pushed like mad. At, the end it worked out. Got on of my goals which was to get my first podium in the series. Even if I finished dead last in the Sprint race I was too happy. Then to look at the driver championship and see 4th overall was good. :)

I would like to thank so many people for this season the team, BMW, the amazing racers we have in the series, and most importantly thanks to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y, @Litchi, gtpcaine, Mini Stiggy, Glen-Alz-81, @CodDemon101, @pyrates. Who help make this series run flawless from specs the cars, to stewarding, to helping us out with tuning the GT3 cars. :)

And special thanks to @CodDemon101 and @Charlie A for starting this series and making season one a great success :)

THANK YOU FOR SEASON ONE!!!!!!!!

I'm not that good on long speeches, especially due to my very limited english vocabulary and grammar. But I'll give it a try anyway.

First of all, if you guys think that i'm going to make a season review, you're reading the wrong post. If you want to know how was the series, just read few posts back, some members made reviews and that could give you a good feeling of how was this series.

So no, I won't make a series review but more a people analysis (which is part of my real job actually), beginning by myself. That way, you'll know who I am and why I'm here.

Well, as you maybe assume, I like well organizated and presented things. So I decided to join this series cause it seemed to be the most well organized when I browsed the forum to find a series. I met some good people, some youngs, some bad. Everyone is different anyway. In any case I knew I jumped in a good series with interesting people. For this reason, I quickly decided to help, giving my free time for stewarding. Most of people are not aware of what I've done actually cause my best skills are not usually useful to be known by members as it's mainly lot of work on google docs. And I guess people are not interested about that :P. I don't like people who say just 'yes' or 'no', I prefer explanations with productive arguments instead. I guess that listening others is the best way to learn.

So here are the main people I met and what is my point of view about them (good or bad, remember that it's always good to receive reviews, even if they are bad):

- Lil' Boy. Hell yea, you are, son. As all teenagers, you are interested in many things and you're very ambitious. Try to run a series all alone is quite ambitious, I promess. But as many teenagers, you just pick your best ideas to work on it and give up for the rest. Sometimes you seems popeyed by what other says and that's the best thing to remember. It means that you're still learning a lot, continue, you're on the good way.

- Lucas. The guy who is in vacations while the rest of the staff works for him...lol. You had a good idea creating this series, really. The bad point on that is that you mainly used FGTA rules which isn't the best way to go in my opinion. But you're very comprehensive and you often listen your daddies's advices. I guess you're still learning a lot, like your brother Charlie, and you're on the good way 👍.

- David. Definitely the guy I have most friendship. We both traveled around the world for several years and "people tend to get a more relaxed view on many things once you come out of your comfort zone into foreign countries and cultures". Yea, you definitely have an objective point of view on many things :)

- Will. You well deserved this steward label! I'm glad to spotted you. I knew you could be a great help on steward job. I wish you good luck on your future business job 👍

- racefan88. We don't even know his name or age. However, he always have good arguments when he explains something. He speaks little, but rightly. I really appreciate that.

And finally, I'm glad to see an old nemesis friend. Yea Tyson, it's you. Shame on what happened at Spa though. But we'll quickly forget that.
Thanks to all who participated in this series and see you in Season 2, which will be a lot better, with many new things.

Last edited:
I'm not that good on long speeches, especially due to my very limited english vocabulary and grammar. But I'll give it a try anyway.

First of all, if you guys think that i'm going to make a season review, you're reading the wrong post. If you want to know how was the series, just read few posts back, some members made reviews and that could give you a good feeling of how was this series.

So no, I won't make a series review but more a people analysis (which is part of my real job actually), beginning by myself. That way, you'll know who I am and why I'm here.

Well, as you maybe assume, I like well organizated and presented things. So I decided to join this series cause it seemed to be the most well organized when I browsed the forum to find a series. I met some good people, some youngs, some bad. Everyone is different anyway. In any case I knew I jumped in a good series with interesting people. For this reason, I quickly decided to help, giving my free time for stewarding. Most of people are not aware of what I've done actually cause my best skills are not usually useful to be known by members as it's mainly lot of work on google docs. And I guess people are not interested about that :P. I don't like people who say just 'yes' or 'no', I prefer explanations with productive arguments instead. I guess that listening others is the best way to learn.

So here are the main people I met and what is my point of view about them (good or bad, remember that it's always good to receive reviews, even if they are bad):

- Lil' Boy. Hell yea, you are, son. As all teenagers, you are interested in many things and you're very ambitious. Try to run a series all alone is quite ambitious, I promess. But as many teenagers, you just pick your best ideas to work on it and give up for the rest. Sometimes you seems popeyed by what other says and that's the best thing to remember. It means that you're still learning a lot, continue, you're on the good way.

- Lucas. The guy who is in vacations while the rest of the staff works for him...lol. You had a good idea creating this series, really. The bad point on that is that you mainly used FGTA rules which isn't the best way to go in my opinion. But you're very comprehensive and you often listen your daddies's advices. I guess you're still learning a lot, like your brother Charlie, and you're on the good way 👍.

- David. Definitely the guy I have most friendship. We both traveled around the world for several years and "people tend to get a more relaxed view on many things once you come out of your comfort zone into foreign countries and cultures". Yea, you definitely have an objective point of view on many things :)

- Will. You well deserved this steward label! I'm glad to spotted you. I knew you could be a great help on steward job. I wish you good luck on your future business job 👍

- racefan88. We don't even know his name or age. However, he always have good arguments when he explains something. He speaks little, but rightly. I really appreciate that.

And finally, I'm glad to see an old nemesis friend. Yea Tyson, it's you. Shame on what happened at Spa though. But we'll quickly forget that.
Thanks to all who participated in this series and see you in Season 2, which will be a lot better, with many new things.

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

Thank you for the kind words! Name is Shawn and im 22, and yea i really only respond to stuff if I have something to add

Decided to do a review on the whole season

Team and driver's season report: After winning the Replica GT3 (clan) series that me and my friends have going I decided to venture out from our little (clan) we had going and find other series in the GT world and thanks to several of my friends in the (clan) series I found GT Planet. Here is where I found the GT3 series. I joined extremely late (joined after the preseason test), never had experience in the Z4, and had no Idea what I was getting into. First race for me and the team was Monza. We did terrible in our first race was but made improvements going into Brands hatch with a good qualifying starting position. However, it was Spa that turned our season around. I finally got used to driving the Z4 as well as getting a good base set up for it. Plus Spa is my favorite test track for any car. Got a good qualifying position and got my first top 5 in the series at Spa. We carried the momentum to Japan, Motegi. Rain was another bonus for me. Even though I probably didn't have a good set up on the car but running in the (Clan) series has helped me out in preparing a good race strategy for rain races since half our calender races end up being in the rain. So I knew I should do good in the endurance. I got a good start on the endurance went from 6th, I believe, to 3rd after the 2nd turn. I dropped back to 5th but kept a good pace till my system froze on me -_-. Going into Germany things are looking good for drivers championship. I was 7th in points, but both teams and manufacturers championship was not looking so good for us. With only 2 Z4s out of the 4 that raced majority of the season. It showed that BMW will have a terrible season. Heading to Germany we had mixed feeling. I do okay on that track but it being Father's Day I would have to miss the sprint race for family affairs. But I did finish in 4th in the endurance which helped a lot in the drivers championship. Now the finale Silverstone. Another personal favorite track. Going into the final race I tested as much as I could and looked for a good set up for the car especially since update 1.09 skewing up everything. Got my best qualifying position 4th and I knew I was going to try a different strategy for the race. It was a good start. During the endurance I did get into a racing incident but with that it finalize my decision to switch strategy B which was a 3 stopper. I knew if I were to follow everyone else by staying on RM for half distance + then pit for what ever tire then it would be difficult to try to move up or catch up to the others. So, I came in got RS and pushed like mad. At, the end it worked out. Got on of my goals which was to get my first podium in the series. Even if I finished dead last in the Sprint race I was too happy. Then to look at the driver championship and see 4th overall was good. :)

I would like to thank so many people for this season the team, BMW, the amazing racers we have in the series, and most importantly thanks to @P1K3Y_M1k3Y, @Litchi, gtpcaine, Mini Stiggy, Glen-Alz-81, @CodDemon101, @pyrates. Who help make this series run flawless from specs the cars, to stewarding, to helping us out with tuning the GT3 cars. :)

And special thanks to @CodDemon101 and @Charlie A for starting this series and making season one a great success :)

THANK YOU FOR SEASON ONE!!!!!!!!
You are welcome! :D You looked VERY good on the track SSJGZWarrior! I have had TONS of fun with all of you guys! For my FIRST online championship I scored overall 14th! :D I am SOOOOOO Happy about that. My season goal was not last :lol:

And thank you as well Litchi! :D You, Pyrates, and Cod are now my some of my BEST friends on GTPlanet! When the season started, I had NO idea what was gong to happen. When Lucas got in touch with me after the 1.5 Hours of Laguna Seca that he wanted to start a new series, I was like, sure! :D And now look at it! Or what is left of it since S1 is over :lol: From that mixed up OP when you first started, to Litchi's new fancy one :P, this series has probably been the only series in GTPlanet that has evolved most. For S2: New cars, classes, and MORE driver slots. It has been a lot of fun working behind the scenes with you guys! I am a bit sad that I wont be running in S2, but with my new series, from experience (FGTA series issues...) that I can only run 1 series at a time (Apart from WGTC, but I'm a reserve in that) I really think you should contact GTPCaine and get the FGTA involved, OR use my idea ;) (You know what Im talking about pyrates, Litchi, and Cod :lol:) Thank you to all who made this series great! @Litchi, @pyrates, @CodDemon101, and the FGTA crew! :D Thank you all for a great season 1!

Last edited:
Back