FIA GT1 Season 3 | Sunday Racing | Final Race: 27th May

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 1,118 comments
  • 53,488 views

What do you want for next season?


  • Total voters
    30
New Entry Revealed!
​

After a recent tip off about a pre-season shakedown session by one of the new teams in season 3 of the FIA GT1 World Championship we headed down to a closed off Circuit de la Sarthe, located near the town of Le Mans in Northern France.

Little is known about the team and the colours aren't confirmed yet- although we think the colour scheme looks pretty good.

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes-1.jpg


Although the driver hasn't been confirmed yet it is thought to be marunda, someone little known in GT1 circles despite running at the Monza race in the current season. It is no doubt his recent successes in the Lotus Elise Club Cup that have secured him a ride in the newly entered Mclaren Mercedes.

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1-1.jpg


We managed to get a word with marunda after his shakedown session. He told us: "The car is really impressive, it's stability through low speed corners is immense. That big V8 provides oodles of torque which really helps propel you out of the corners and the 5 speed gearbox ensures minimum wheelspin."

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_2-2.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_4-1.jpg


CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_3-1.jpg
 
That is Sueweeeeeaaat
 
I know. ;)

Took a quick spin using the DS3 while I'm home alone. :D

Such a nice car to drive- I don't think it will be the fastest, but I'm certain it will come into it's own over distance as the stability is great and it barely uses the tyres up at all. :O
 
By looking at the stats I would take the Dodge, but I don't know how it's on the track.
 
It's quite hairy.
 
But, I imagine, rather fast.
 
It is as fast as the others but not as consistant.

Suits my driving style though.
 
The SLR only steps out if you gas it out of 2nd/1st gear corners. :D
 
Yes, yes, we all know how the SLR is a beautiful, amazing and majestic machine bla bla bla.

The Viper is a mans car though. :D
 
Yes, yes, we all know how the SLR is a beautiful, amazing and majestic machine bla bla bla.

The Viper is a psycho's car though. :D

Fixed. ;)
 
Can I use the SLR McLaren '10 please.
 
Sure.
 
The SLR is proving popular. :scared:
 
I want to sign in, do i need to register somewhere else here?

Cheers
 
I want to sign in, do i need to register somewhere else here?

Cheers

All you have to do is note your PSN, and when you are ready you can pick your car also.

Please stay active in this thread so we know you are still interested. :)

Edit: I may let all the regulars sign up before recruiting new people 1st.
 
Last edited:
DaxCobra
All you have to do is note your PSN, and when you are ready you can pick your car also.

Please stay active in this thread so we know you are still interested. :)

Edit: I may let all the regulars sign up before recruiting new people 1st.

My psn id is GTP_Aguilar

I will think of the car later, still need to see whats best for me.
Thanks for the fast feedback

Cheers
 
Breaking News

Latest race winner akmuq has been spotted doing some Season 3 testing earlier today, the Irish Number One stayed at Suzuka since his Pole-Race Win there on Sunday. We have pictures of him running a light blue Mclaren SLR.

granturismo5005-14.jpg


granturismo5006-13.jpg


granturismo5007-12.jpg
 
Like using that curb a bit Akmuq eh? ;):lol:
 
The Gulf Aston Martin Racing Team now officially has two permanent members :)
 
*Waits patiently for the penny to drop.*
 
Last edited:
Is it Tom?
 
*Still waiting patiently for the penny to drop.*
 
*collects penny in mid air and runs away*
 
MMmm dax you were right, that Ferrari is like glued to the ground +_+, i'll try another car today but i guess i'll end up staying with dheeee italian car : D
 
Information on the Gulf AM Team will be released at a later time. No more questions please :).
 
You guys are really slow on the uptake. I mean, it's not that inconspicuous. :lol:
 
Anyone want to team up with me and my viper :(
 
Back