FIA GT1 Season 3 | Sunday Racing | Final Race: 27th May

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 1,118 comments
  • 53,491 views

What do you want for next season?


  • Total voters
    30
I could come and fill the ranks.. it's starting soon right?
 
want to get this done asap guys, join.

No problem randy. 👍
 
Sorry for the delay guys my testing got ruined by parents, im going with Aston because its the most fun even though its slowest of the cars.
 
Games just froze.

Not happy. 5 finishers...

We're going to need a serious overhaul for Season 4 because this is ridiculous
 
Was a fun race, i ruined it for myself by first opting to two-stop and stopped at lap 7. Then when I was supposed to stop the second stop i got the idea that i might be able to hold carb and marunda off because I had a pretty significant lead.. then front tires died on me, could hold off carb some laps and then marunda was some way back but catching fast.. at the second to last lap i could barely turn at all and marunda passed easily and i even had to pit for the last lap.

So stupid.. with a better strategy 3rd should have been mine! ^^

Edit: Carb you didn't miss much in that hockey match.. 1-0 to the end.. not very impressive.
 
Finishing order?
 
Games just froze.

Not happy. 5 finishers...

We're going to need a serious overhaul for Season 4 because this is ridiculous

3 quitters.

I don't understand it. I lost huge amounts of time at the beginning by hitting a spun Akmuq then spinning and getting hit be Sumo a lap or so later. But instead of thinking "I give up", I thought "right, I need some clean air to calm down and get a rhythm going". So I pit in and opted for a 2 stopper on lap 5/6 then started putting in some solid laps and was 3rd before I needed to pit again. Then back in last I pushed like mad, putting in my best lap (1'10.063 (?)) and passed Niko and almost caught Carb and Dax. Giving me a solid 4th place.

What's more is I had great fun as I had no idea how things would pan out: whether one ahead would be struggling with tyres or crash or need to pit again. 👍

Was a fun race, i ruined it for myself by first opting to two-stop and stopped at lap 7. Then when I was supposed to stop the second stop i got the idea that i might be able to hold carb and marunda off because I had a pretty significant lead.. then front tires died on me, could hold off carb some laps and then marunda was some way back but catching fast.. at the second to last lap i could barely turn at all and marunda passed easily and i even had to pit for the last lap.

So stupid.. with a better strategy 3rd should have been mine! ^^
.

Haha. Yeah I was struggling to predict what you were going to do as you were braking mid corner and all sorts. :p

I was going to 1 stop before the carnage- when I pit I thought "lap 12 pit again" and I stuck to that, despite being on really poor tyres and holding you and Ak back. :O

EDIT: @Carracer

1. Biffy
2. Dax
3. Carb
4. Me
5. Niko
DNF. Akmuq
DNF. Gokartman
DNF. Sumo

👍
 
For the next ten weeks I'm out. But if another season starts around the end of July I'll be on full time again. Summer willl be the hardest to get everyone Dax :p.
 
I have the points almost up to date as of Tsukuba, but was unsure weather to post but as the Sumo Biffy incident came back as legal,,,
 
Well since nothing has been done as of yet and we're a week on I assumed nothing was going to be done. :p

Anyway. My points are better. :sly:
 
I'm not that bad in this series maybe i should have raced here more often.. Even ahead of Marunda in the champs with equal amounts of races ^^

Edit: you know there's two 10 pointers in the tsukuba race right?
 
I'm not that bad in this series maybe i should have raced here more often.. Even ahead of Marunda in the champs with equal amounts of races ^^

Edit: you know there's two 10 pointers in the tsukuba race right?

:dopey:

Thanks, but I'm sure you'll back me up on it being easy to do. ;)


Tsukuba was an awful race for me though, yet Suzuka was brilliant (minus the first 5 minutes. :O) 👍
 
Last edited:
:dopey:

Thanks, but I'm sure you'll back me up on it being easy to do. ;)


Tsukuba was an awful race for me though, yet Suzuka was brilliant (minus the first 5 minutes. :O) 👍
;)

Should have been a good race for me.. Tsukuba always a good track for me and maybe for the ferrari as well, feels like i should have worked well there.
 
;)

Should have been a good race for me.. Tsukuba always a good track for me and maybe for the ferrari as well, feels like i should have worked well there.

:yuck: Don't like Tsukuba, I'm never fast there. I tend to prefer more flowing faster tracks. 👍

e.g. Tokyo Reverse in the Elises. :D
 
Don't like flowing, i want start and stop, much hairpins please ^^
 
Don't like flowing, i want start and stop, much hairpins please ^^

Nooooo! I want lots of fast flowing corners (La Sarthe :D) where preserving momentum is key. 👍

That's why I was fast in T1 at Suzuka but not so much in T2. :(
 
I don't like the second part of Suzuka either though because it's not straight stops in to the corners and just weird corners, can never get Spoon to work for me..
 
I don't like the second part of Suzuka either though because it's not straight stops in to the corners and just weird corners, can never get Spoon to work for me..

You have to trail brake the first part heavily, swing out wide then brake and turn late and tight for the second part so you can get the power down early. 👍

It's a difficult corner because if you mess up the first part you can't get the second bit right. :nervous:

In fact, it's similar to the first corner at Suzuka. :indiff:
 
In fact, it's similar to the first corner at Suzuka. :indiff:
Which I also happen to suck at :) a bit less though since it has a long flat straight going in to it where spoon has a long fast curve just ahead of it which sometimes make me come all unsettled in to the braking zone..
 
Hi :P.
 
Ugh, I hate chats which fill up the thread. :grumpy:
 
Yeah, naughty Marunda and xNiko.

so, how are you, Carb?
 
Naughty naughty, but really isn't that what we love about the DCRL? ^^
 
No one likes the DCRL. :L
 
Back