FIA GTE Laguna Seca 200km

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 422 comments
Uh.. T3 (Fast right), T5 (Left kink), T7 (fast left after corkscrew)

Other turns I go off on too but these are the main ones its under/oversteer in the Evora in these. In the 430 I still manage to understeer off at these places and the 458 is similar to the Evora only less understeery.

A bit rubbish explaination but these corners have allways been a 🤬 to me.

I'll try make a less oversteery Evora tune tomorrow :P Damn cambered corners.

My colors:
Matte Gray / Black rims (if that's ok. If not, let me know. 👍 )

I can't hear the engine over the stupid tranny whine in roof view. :(

how do we sign up?

Read the entire OP:

SIGN-UP

Sign-ups are unlimited. To sign up, you must have read the GTP OLR rules and have a steady internet connection (It is advised you have NAT type 1 or 2, then 3). Please also send a friend request to GTP_Aderrrm as this will make it easier for you to find the lobby we are racing in. Provide the following information:

Class:
Car:
Body colour (if applicable):
Rim colour (if applicable):
Car Number (if applicable):

How long until people start posting their times?

People already have been posting times. For the AM category you're looking at something around 26 seconds, in the Pro category aim for laps under 24 seconds.

People already have been posting times. For the AM category you're looking at something around 26 seconds, in the Pro category aim for laps under 24 seconds.

Thanks! 👍

My colors:
Matte Gray / Black rims (if that's ok. If not, let me know. 👍 )
am i ok with orange and black rims on the italia? it makes it nice and visible.

Both acceptable. :D

Official Practice Sessions:

Hopefully a big group of people can turn up to these where everyone can get used to having 2 different classes of cars on the same track.

1. Sunday 8th April 18:00 BST onwards
  2. Monday 9th April 18:00 BST onwards
  3. Friday 13th April 18:00 BST onwards
  4. Sunday 15th April 18:00 BST onwards
  5. Wednesday 18th April 18:00 BST onwards

Last edited:
Struggling with ridiculous oversteer in the R8 LMS at the Corkscrew and final corner.

Anyone managed better than 1:24 yet?

If you're struggling at the final corner it's definitely your right foot more than anything else lol. I did a 1:24.8 after a few laps with the tune posted in the google doc.

If you're struggling at the final corner it's definitely your right foot more than anything else lol. I did a 1:24.8 after a few laps with the tune posted in the google doc.

Yeah. I am one with a 'heavy foot' :lol:

Managed to test this car today feels good managed a 1'26, so i'll just go with that 👍

Class: GTE Am
Car: Ferrari F458
Body colour (if applicable): (Dark blue) Blu Pozzi
Rim colour (if applicable): Silvery bluey colour ;)

Again I just want to say the amount of effort you guys put into these is phenomenal and is truly the best GT5 has to offer, the organization and layout is great! Sadly I can't commit to these things as my schedule is always changing.. Best of luck to you all and have fun :)

Ad can you put me down for Elder berry pearl effect for the body and black metallic rims.

Thanks.

One of the biggest problems for this race is that it takes place directly on top of my lunch. XD

That being said, I drove the GT-R here and I quite liked it (needs some tweaking for the corkscrew though).

Class: GTE Pro
Car: Nissan GT-R
Body colour (if applicable): Dark Blue-Purple-ish (blends with the blue-purple already on the car)
Rim colour (if applicable): Black (I changed to Rays Volk Racing rims...if you don't mind. ^^; )
Car Number (if applicable): 28

People already have been posting times...in the Pro category aim for laps under 24 seconds.

I think Pro will be quite a bit faster...I did a pretty lousy lap during my brief practice and still was under 24. And considering how fast Adam is already in the Am cars. Haha.

Last edited:
Class: Am
Car: Ferrari 458
Body colour: GT Pasteltone 001
Wheel colour: Matte Black

My guess is that Adam won't allow pastelletones..
Might want to change that.. ;)

He'll just run Lavender if he changes it anyway.

Here's my car :)

Untitled-3copy.jpg

MÜLE_9242
He'll just run Lavender if he changes it anyway.
Pasteltone 001 is lavender actually. It's a bit less purplish and brighter than the lavender from the LFA.

1 day long hangovers are not fun.

Managed to test this car today feels good managed a 1'26, so i'll just go with that 👍

Class: GTE Am
Car: Ferrari F458
Body colour (if applicable): (Dark blue) Blu Pozzi
Rim colour (if applicable): Silvery bluey colour ;)
Ad can you put me down for Elder berry pearl effect for the body and black metallic rims.

Thanks.
One of the biggest problems for this race is that it takes place directly on top of my lunch. XD

That being said, I drove the GT-R here and I quite liked it (needs some tweaking for the corkscrew though).

Car: Nissan GT-R
Body colour (if applicable): Dark Blue-Purple-ish (blends with the blue-purple already on the car)
Rim colour (if applicable): Black (I changed to Rays Volk Racing rims...if you don't mind. ^^; )
Car Number (if applicable): 28
Class: Am
Car: Ferrari 458
Body colour: GT Pasteltone 001
Wheel colour: Matte Black

All fine. Cheers guys. Added. 👍👍👍👍

Again I just want to say the amount of effort you guys put into these is phenomenal and is truly the best GT5 has to offer, the organization and layout is great! Sadly I can't commit to these things as my schedule is always changing.. Best of luck to you all and have fun :)

That's sad to hear. Thanks a lot though! :)

Nice car as well Mule.

Well, i'm not signed up for any series at the moment, so i'll give Laguna a shot, even though i hate it!

I can't be consistent at this track. I just practice for a bit and for one clean lap, i had like 6-7 laps that i went to dirty or spun, so you guys better watch out. :)

I did a 1:22.7 with the Vette. From what Eddie said about the times, under 24 for the Pro class, seems about right.
Any tunning tips to get better tire wear on the rear tires?

Car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6.R
Body colour: Yellow
Rim colour: Gray
Car Number: 44

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan either. I'm hoping some consistency will come with familiarity with the car. Probably requires running at 95% or so during the race. Due to the fact the slightest mistake with the dirt could be devastating. My biggest problem is the corkscrew now. Great in mostly every corner except that!

My tire wear also won't be very good probably. ^^;

...I might pop in for some practice this afternoon if that "official" practice session is going on. I seek to avoid family also. XD

Last edited:
Well, i'm not signed up for any series at the moment, so i'll give Laguna a shot, even though i hate it!

I can't be consistent at this track. I just practice for a bit and for one clean lap, i had like 6-7 laps that i went to dirty or spun, so you guys better watch out. :)

I did a 1:22.7 with the Vette. From what Eddie said about the times, under 24 for the Pro class, seems about right.
Any tunning tips to get better tire wear on the rear tires?

Body colour: Yellow
Rim colour: Gray
Car Number: 44

Yay. :D It's hard to be really consistent at Laguna - I think some people just try too hard and expect to be better at it. A 1:22.7 is good pace. I was around a 1:22 dead in the Corvette. Better tyre wear... move brake balance backwards? Will add you to the list later.

I'm not a big fan either. I'm hoping some consistency will come with familiarity with the car. Probably requires running at 95% or so during the race. Due to the fact the slightest mistake with the dirt could be devastating. My biggest problem is the corkscrew now. Great in mostly every corner except that!

My tire wear also won't be very good probably. ^^;

...I might pop in for some practice this afternoon if that "official" practice session is going on. I seek to avoid family also. XD

Yeah it won't pay off pushing too hard in the race, especially with traffic...

When I set the dates for the practice sessions I had forgot today was Easter lol. So there might not be one tomorrow either.

He probably doesn't get out much, spends a lot of time on his "ship".

...I'm around a mid 1:22 now, I'd be happy if I could consistently get around that. It's also not fully (or any probably) broken in... Now to try and avoid pitting 5 times. Maybe. ^^;

Last edited:
Hey just realised my little sister's 21st is the day before race and I think she may be having a party that saturday or the Friday night. So I'll need to see what's happening to find out if I can race that day. Anyway I'll let you know for definate when I know what's happening 👍

I would like to be placed as a reserve. I have to work at that time unless it rains and then I would be free. I should be able to make most of the practice times though.

Body colour: Matte Light Blue
Rim colour: TBD
Car Number: 4

Sorry for my absence but everyone knows what I've been up to pretty much. Will be doing some thorough testing this week, starting with tonight.

Back