FIA GTE Laguna Seca 200km

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 422 comments
England
England
WilliamsJIM_Adam
FIA LM GTE Pro & LM GTE Am Laguna Seca 200km

Qualifying Deadline: Saturday 28th April. 7:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 14:00 GMT / 15:00 BST

Room Opens: Saturday 28th April. 8:30 PDT / 11:30 EDT / 15:30 GMT / 16:30 BST

Race Start: Saturday 28th April. 9:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 16:00 GMT / 17:00 BST Convert to your time zone here.

Room opens in...
img.php

Requirements:
  • Anyone can participate.
  • Read everything in both of the first two posts.
  • Clean and fair racing. Read the GTP OLR Rules.
  • Any questions - please ask.

Regulations:

Laguna Seca (2.24 miles)

GTE Pro: 56 Laps. 3 Mandatory pit stops*
GTE Am: 54 Laps (explained in race procedure). 3 Mandatory pit stops*

*You are not allowed to pit at the end of the formation lap.

Tyres: Racing Hards
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
ASM: OFF
Driving Line: OFF
ABS: Optional

Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Edge: Real
Damage: Light
Visual Damage: OFF
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: ON
Slipstream Strength: Weak

Qualifying:

• Qualifying will be a 4 lap race consisting of 1 warm up lap, 2 flying laps and a cool down lap. Your fastest lap of the 2 counts.
  • GTE Pro drivers may qualify for GTE Am too so that they have the opportunity to race if they don't produce a top 14 time in GTE Pro.
  • Use of track is detailed at the bottom of this post, as well as in the GTP OLR rules. A dirty lap will result in a 2% time penalty.
  • Your lap must be watched and verified by a fellow participant.
  • Post in the thread when you are ready to qualify and someone will get a room up, if there isn't one already up.
  • More than 1 driver may qualify at one time, as long as a 30 second gap to the driver ahead is given.
  • The Qualifying deadline is Saturday April 28st 7:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST. If you qualify after this time, you will receive a 2% time penalty. If you have not qualified but still want to race, you will start at the back of your class in Division 2 (assuming there is a free spot).
  • The top half fastest times in GTE Pro and GTE Am will make up Division 1. The bottom half fastest times in GTE Pro and GTE Am will make up Division 2. Times are recorded HERE.

Race Day Procedure:

At 16:30 BST, the room will open. Practice (free run) will be held for 25 minutes. PP, power and weight checks will then be performed for both classes. The grid will have been decided in the weekly run up to the Race and will be ordered by lining up in the correct order on track once the track has been reset.

When the race has started, both sets of drivers, GTE Pro and GTE Am, should stay put. It would help if GTE Pro drivers 'paused' their race here so that they become transparent. The GTE Am drivers should then set off slowly in order. They will do a lap at roughly 50-75% pace (down to the pole car of GTE Am). They should then do another lap, after carefully passing the GTE Pro cars at the start/finish line, again at 50-75% pace. When they finish their second lap they should exit slowly out of the last hairpin. Both classes will then perform their formation lap as explained below. A gap of roughly 15 seconds should be kept between the back of the GTE Pro field and the front of GTE Am field.

Formation Lap:

Cars will drive at 62mph/100kmh in a staggered formation. The front end of a car shouldn't pass the back end of the car in front (whether the car in front is to your left or right). Weaving on the formation lap is disallowed.

The pole position car will start the formation lap on the side of the grid the game places them on. It is up to the pole position car to determine when to start the race (and therefore exceed 62mph) and should do so within appropiate distance of the start/finish line, and not as soon as he turns on to the straight. Time must be given to the cars behind to exit out of the final corner. You should not overtake the car in front before crossing the start/finish line.

Official Practice Sessions:

Hopefully a big group of people can turn up to these where everyone can get used to having 2 different classes of cars on the same track.

1. Thursday 12th April 18:00 BST onwards
  2. Sunday 15th April 18:00 BST onwards
  3. Wednesday 18th April 18:00 BST onwards

Track Conduct and Penalties:

All drivers must read and follow the GTP OLR rules.

Please PM me or any of the PURE stewards about any race incidents.
These are the things you should not do:

• Weave on the formation lap.
  • Cross the start/finish line before the car in front on the formation lap.
  • Use the pit entry wall to slow yourself down.
  • Exit the pits moving on to the race line too soon. Try and stay inside the white line.
  • Run wide/corner cut too many times.
  • Cause an avoidable collision. (It shows good racing etiquette to wait up for the driver you was just in a collision with, even if you didn't think it was your fault entirely)

Use of Track:

2 Wheels must be touching what is deemed as "track" at all times! Red+white rumble strips are classed as track. Green concrete/astroturf and run-off areas are not.
You will only be given a penalty if you*gained*time from either driving off track or touching the barriers, and not if you*lost*time.

If you have any further queries about what parts of a track are dirty, then please ask.

Multi-class racing etiquette:
  • GTE Am drivers should hold their line and shouldn't suddenly change their line whether that be in a corner on down a straight.
  • GTE Pro drivers should have patience and overtake GTE Am drivers responsibly.
  • Both sets of drivers should always be aware of what is around them. Having a small track map scale helps some drivers to understand where they are in relation to other cars.

PRIZES:

1st in Class: any car worth under 1,000,000 from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.
2nd in Class: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.
3rd in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.

Fastest lap in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.

Last edited:
The Cars:

• You must apply the exact aero parts (including rear wings) and wheel design as listed for each car. This is to keep the cars authentic to their real life counter parts.
  • You must apply the exact performance parts as listed for each car. You cannot reach the given BHP in other ways e.g. adding a turbo instead of a sports ECU.
  • You cannot add parts in order to make up for lost BHP because your engine is not fully broken in. Your engine will be fully broken in after 187 miles/300 km of driving.
  • For the GTE Pro cars, PP figures are given with maximum downforce. If you choose to decrease the downforce, you cannot increase the power or decrease the weight of the car to make up for the lost downforce.
  • For the GTE Am cars, PP figures vary between each car. The Evora is allowed a maximum of 20 rear downforce (the same rule applies here as with the GTE Pro cars), the 430 Scuderia is allowed a maximum of 25 rear downforce, and the 458 is allowed a maximum of 25 or 26 rear downforce (see below for details).
  • Click here for a tune for each of the GTE Am cars. They're not great but hopefully they'll help you get the cars on par like they did for me.

Mods which must be installed to all cars:
  • Fully Customisable Transmission
  • Fully Customisable Suspension
  • All drivetrain upgrades (twin-plate clutch, LSD etc)

You can oil change, overhaul your engine and restore your car's rigidity as many time as you like. Rigidity Improvement is optional.

GTE Am:

There is a maximum of 6 drivers per car in the GTE Am class.

Lotus Evora GTE

f1lkkk.jpg

Drivers: joshua1994 ; R1600Turbo ; PepsiMaxCrew ;

Click here for a recommended tune!

Specification:
Power: 464 BHP
Weight: 1330 kg
Performance Points: 546
Aerodynamics: Maximum 20 rear

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Laser Blue, pictured)
Rims: Prodrive GC-010G, sensible colour
Aero parts: Type A Front, Type B Rear Wing

Body/Chassis: -
Engine: Sports ECU, Stages 1 + 2 + 3 Engine tuning, Power limiter @ 100%
Intake System: Sports intake manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust: Sports exhaust manifold, Catalytic Converter: Sports, Sports exhaust

Ferrari 430 Scuderia GTE Am

qq7gpw.jpg

Drivers: chorda ; NEPALII ; MULE_9242 ;

Specification:
Power: 443 BHP
Weight: 1119 kg
Performance Points: 553
Aerodynamics: 15 front, Maximum 25 rear

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Rosso Scuderia, pictured)
Aero parts: Type B Rear Wing

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 + 3 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction, Carbon bonnet (body colour)
Engine: Power limiter @ 84.0%
Intake System: -
Exhaust: -

Ferarri 458 GTE Am

2r5rc3t.jpg

Drivers: MiuraSV ; WiiFreak ; GTP_Aderrrm ;

You must not use the 7th gear in this car!

Specification:
Power: 433 BHP
Weight: between 1232 and 1239 kg
Performance Points: 545
Aerodynamics: 10 front, 25 or 26 rear

You may choose between 1232 and 1239 kg and 25 or 26 rear downforce, as long as your PP ends up being less than 546. 1232 kg and 25 rear downforce is 545 PP. 1232 kg and 26 rear downforce is 546 PP and is not allowed.

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Rosso Scuderia, pictured)
Aero parts: Type A Front, Type B Rear Wing

Body/Chassis: Stages 1 + 2 + 3 weight reduction, Windows weight reduction, Carbon bonnet (body colour)
Engine: Power limiter @ 73.3%
Intake System: -
Exhaust: -

--------------------

GTE Pro:

There is a maximum of 5 drivers per car in the GTE Pro class.

Nissan GT-R GTE Pro

DLC Car Pack 1

33wr75v.jpg

Drivers: GTP_Biffy #07 ; LongbowX #28 ; ADR_BRONCO #69 ; TnJF #19 ; Nic-KL #14

Specification:
Power: 493 BHP
Weight: 1410 kg
PP: 602
Aero: 35 / 60 (maximum)
Drivetrain: 4WD

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. white, pictured)
Rims: Stock

Body/Chassis: 195 kg ballast (recommended position +50)
Engine: Power limiter @ 73.3%
Drivetrain: Torque Distributor @ 10 / 90 (recommended)

Audi R8 LMS GTE Pro

OCD/UCD, Prize car

wt9288.jpg

Drivers: TheMysteriousEnd ;

Specification:
Power: 522 BHP
Weight: 1300 kg
PP: 599
Aero: 40 / 65 (maximum)
Drivetrain: MR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Stock (may use any colour the R8 LMS comes in, as well as the Playstation livery)
Rims: Stock

Body/Chassis: -
Engine: Power limiter @ 94.2%

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GTE Pro

Corvette Z06 > GT Auto > Race Mod

2d1gs1.jpg

Drivers: Wardez #11 ; JoeTruckV8 #20 ; Minion07 #44 ;

Specification:
Power: 483 BHP
Weight: 1150 kg
PP: 602
Aero: 35 / 60 (maximum)
Drivetrain: FR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Any sensible colour (e.g. Rally Yellow, pictured)
Rims: Stock design. Paint them Silver or Black (not chrome)

Body/Chassis: 60 kg ballast (recommended position +50)
Engine: Power limiter @ 82.4%
Intake System: Sports intake Manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust: Sports exhaust Manifold

Ford GT GTE Pro

NCD > Gran Turismo

tarhqt.jpg

Drivers: Paginas ; GTP_Welsh-Bain ; GTP_ealirendur ;

Specification:
Power: 483 BHP
Weight: 1360 kg
PP: 599
Aero: 50 / 70 (maximum)
Drivetrain: MR

Modifications:
Body Colour: Stock
Rims: BBS LM-R

Body/Chassis: 195 kg ballast (recommended position: move forward until happy)
Engine: Power limiter @ 77.9%
Thanks to LongbowX for all of the great pics!

Driver sign-up list:

Sign-ups are unlimited.

GTE Am:

GTP username (PSN) - Car - Body colour / Rim colour

joshua1994 (joshua1994) - Lotus Evora - Grey/Black
R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo) - Lotus Evora - Black/Gold
phil bell (PepsiMaxCrew) - Lotus Evora - Yellow/Black
Denilson (chorda) - Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Gray/Black
NEPALII (NEPALII) - Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Blue/Orange
MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242) - Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Blue/Silver
MiuraSV (Jay_1086) - Ferrari 458 - Red/Black
WiiFreak (WiiFreak) - Ferrari 458 - Lavender/Black
Aderrrm (GTP_Aderrrm) - Ferrari 458 - Red/Silver

GTE Pro:

GTP username (PSN) - Car - Body colour / Rim colour #Car number

Biffy (GTP_Biffy) - Nissan GT-R - White/Black #07
LongbowX (LongbowX) - Nissan GT-R - Purple/Black #28
Dragonwar233 (ADR_BRONCO) - Nissan GT-R - Yellow/Black #60
Dr_Watson (TnJF) - Nissan GT-R - Blue/Silver #19
Nicktune (Nic-KL) - Nissan GT-R - Black/Black #14
TheEnd35000vr (TheMysteriousEnd) - Audi R8 - Playstation
Wardez (Wardez) - Chevrolet Corvette - Yellow/Black #11
Joetruckv8 (JoeTruckV8) - Chevrolet Corvette - Black/Silver #20
TheMinion (Minion07) - Chevrolet Corvette - Yellow/Gray #44
Paginas1 (Paginas) - Ford GT - Black/Red
RIP_Welsh_Don (GTP_Welsh-Bain) - Ford GT - Black/Gold
Ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur) - Ford GT - Black/Silver

SIGN-UP

Sign-ups are unlimited. To sign up, you must have read the GTP OLR rules and have a steady internet connection (It is advised you have NAT type 1 or 2, then 3). Please also send a friend request to GTP_Aderrrm as this will make it easier for you to find the lobby we are racing in. Provide the following information:

Class:
Car:
Body colour (if applicable):
Rim colour (if applicable):
Car Number (if applicable):

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. :)👍​

Last edited:
Looks great adz not sure what car yet but I'm swaying towards the 458 but will let you know

Definitly my cup of tea, i will sign up for this immidiatly.

GTP_Racingworld/GTE Pro/Nissan GTR/#68/Colour TBA

Will we race on Laguna seca or Spa-francorchamps ? LS is in the title, but Spa is further down written in the regulations....(personally i hope the title is wrong, lol)

Last edited:
Great cheers. 👍

Car specs might change a bit still, as well as the number of laps. Obviously I'll let everyone know in good time.

Do we want to go with light or heavy damage? I'm trying to aim for pure realism and hopefully we will get that if we get 28 drivers. It's just if everyone is comfortable with heavy.

Please look at the tunes I've linked for the GTE Am cars. They're by no means brilliant tunes but there'll hopefully help you get these cars on par like they did for me, to a certain extent anyway. Don't try the 430 Scuderia with its stock tune. You've been warned! :lol:

Obviously every bit of feedback to do with the car specs is very much appreciated too! 👍

Class: GTE Pro
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6.R
Body colour (if applicable): Yellow
Rim colour (if applicable): Black
Car Number (if applicable): 11

Great idea all the way around.

Although I'm thinking it might be cool to go for the specific timed/distance race like we did in the 3D3 Spa race.

Edit:
Couldn't get the RUF RGT up to par there in the Am?

Very intresting. 430 Scud is tempting me :D
One quick question, you say in the regulations you need Spa, yet the thread is titled Laguna Seca 200km.

Yeah, just be patient End, the dates are all wrong too. He copied and pasted the text from a previous spot race that used a similar format.

Yeah, just be patient End, the dates are all wrong too. He copied and pasted the text from a previous spot race that used a similar format.

Ah, I see. Clears something up then. 👍

Class: GTE Pro
Car: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 C6.R
Body colour (if applicable): Yellow
Car Number (if applicable): 11

Great idea all the way around.

Although I'm thinking it might be cool to go for the specific timed/distance race like we did in the 3D3 Spa race.

Edit:
Couldn't get the RUF RGT up to par there in the Am?

I was thinking that too, but there's really no point. The GTE Am cars are much closer to the GTE Pro cars than the GT4 cars were to the GT3 ones. The GTE Am cars actually do similar speeds to the GTE Pro cars down the home straight. I would rather waste 3 more minutes letting the GTE Am cars do 2 pre-formation laps so that we can get the replay, credits for the race etc.

Was thinking of the RUF, but decided to keep it all premiums. If only there was a good spoiler to put on it. :crazy: Also the RUF is a bit rough (pun intended) when you stiffen the car up and put in on racing hards, which isn't good for Laguna. Not much better than the Evora but still. We can always try the RUF in the future if people intend on running it.

Very intresting. 430 Scud is tempting me :D
One quick question, you say in the regulations you need Spa, yet the thread is titled Laguna Seca 200km.

:) Thanks for that. I thought I had changed everything from the last spot race we ran with a similar format. You can see the thread here and results of the very successful race I must add here. Thanks for the interest and let me know if there's anything else odd you notice. :P

Btw tunes need permission to see :lol:.

Hi Paul. Done. 👍

Thanks the Scud setup is almost Fwd-ish in some aspects :lol:. Will try them soon ;). Ah no 7th gear allowed in 458 is that due to the race one only having a 6 speed?

Thanks the Scud setup is almost Fwd-ish in some aspects :lol:. Will try them soon ;). Ah no 7th gear allowed in 458 is that due to the race one only having a 6 speed?

Yeah it understeers like hell on it's stock tune. Even with supposedly 15/25 downforce. :S 7th gear is not allowed on the 458. Not sure if they have 7 on the real car, but I know the Super GT300 car only has 6 gears. Will have a look now. And as Laguna is a short track, a 7 speed sounds like one constant engine tone lol.

Haha ok no problem Aderrrm im sorta hoping the Lotus is best for me ;).

Noticed another error.
Race Procedure:
You mention the Bus-Stop Chicane at Spa, rather than the tight left-hander at Laguna Seca.

Currently testing all the cars listed here, will post an official entry shortly :) 👍

Thanks. 👍

Take a look at the GTE Am tunes I've posted - they may be useful. :) Any feedback on the car specs will be much appreciated. 👍

Laguna, eh oh, gonna spin so many times..

Class: GTE Am
Car: Lotus Evora GTE
Body colour (if applicable): Grey
Car Number (if applicable): 21

Hey Josh. Don't need a # for GTE Am unfortunately. :P And I'm sure you'll be fine!

What does everyone think about changing the track conduct rules so that you have to keep 2 wheels within the white lines? That means you can't put 2 wheels on the gravel and keep 2 wheels just on the rumble strip. Laguna deserves to be ran realistically. :)

Since this is a Spot race, and it looks nice as always from you Aderrrm is it ok for me to join? I havent played GT5 in over a month and I'm going to be slooooow. I have my PC sim racing games to blame for that :D.

Hey Josh. Don't need a # for GTE Am unfortunately. :P And I'm sure you'll be fine!

What does everyone think about changing the track conduct rules so that you have to keep 2 wheels within the white lines? That means you can't put 2 wheels on the gravel and keep 2 wheels just on the rumble strip. Laguna deserves to be ran realistically. :)

Hahahaha oops, braindead. :drool:

Didn't Fuji or Nurb got more votes?
Bad luck for me, i really hate Laguna :(
Gonna have to pass this one. It's looking good though.

Since this is a Spot race, and it looks nice as always from you Aderrrm is it ok for me to join? I havent played GT5 in over a month and I'm going to be slooooow. I have my PC sim racing games to blame for that :D.

Why wouldn't it be. :D Of course you can. PC sims are more than a good enough excuse! The FFB felt weird and cool when I switched back.

Didn't Fuji or Nurb got more votes?
Bad luck for me, i really hate Laguna :(
Gonna have to pass this one. It's looking good though.

Yep. But I voted Nurb until I realised these races are about mixed class racing and you wouldn't get much of it around Nurb 24h, so I switched to Laguna. Reality's vote went from GP/F to Laguna after I realised we shouldn't run GP/F because it was the last round of GT4. There was 4 or 5 randoms who also voted who I PMed, a few of which said they would join this, a few said they just came in randomly and voted, and a few of which who didn't reply. So take 1 or 2 (can't remember) off of Fuji and Laguna wins. :P But that's not to say we can't run Fuji or the 24h course in the near future. If this one goes well, I don't see why we can't do Fuji 2 or 3 weeks after.

But I understand. I hate Cape Ring (at least a variation that has that... spiral... thing... in it) and wouldn't race on it for more than 10 minutes if I had the choice. :)

Hmmm, tempting. I've never driven any of the GTE cars though. Will have to do some testing first.

I'm in!!

Scuderia for me! No doubt! 👍

:D:tup:

Hmmm, tempting. I've never driven any of the GTE cars though. Will have to do some testing first.

👍 The 458 is my favourite to drive in GTE Am, and the Corvette in GTE Pro. But I do like the sound of the Ford GT. But as always I'll go with the car that's picked the least.

Added a R8 tune to the google doc sheet.

I'll probably take a 430, but I'll have to confirm later.

Back