Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

FIA Motorsport Games to Return This October

After two aborted attempts to stage a second event, Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) has announced that its Motorsport Games will finally return this October...

It probably depends on whether or not GT puts the "hypercars" in Gr.1 and pretends they're comparable to other Le Mans prototypes

Is there any connection between SRO Motorsport Games and Motorsport Games, develpoer of rFactor2?

Is there any connection between SRO Motorsport Games and Motorsport Games, develpoer of rFactor2?
No they are two different things. The Motorsport Games event is owned by the FIA and the developer & event organizer Motorsport Games is owned by Motorsport Network (motorsport.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's a right decision, ACC is a great game, perhaps the best in terms of technique. I don't know if GT7 weighed in the decision, but KAZ and Sony have their product completely wrong, and everyone has said that. Yesterday I wanted to play the Tsukuba event, 30 laps in the mobi dick mission, then I thought about it, 30 laps for 10,000 credits? What motivations should a player have? But Tsukuba event is only one of many mistakes made it by them.

I think it's a right decision, ACC is a great game, perhaps the best in terms of technique. I don't know if GT7 weighed in the decision, but KAZ and Sony have their product completely wrong, and everyone has said that. Yesterday I wanted to play the Tsukuba event, 30 laps in the mobi dick mission, then I thought about it, 30 laps for 10,000 credits? What motivations should a player have? But Tsukuba event is only one of many mistakes made it by them.
Completely wrong in your opinion, but it has been on top of selling charts for months, so Sony and PD aren't stupid, i would judge a game basing on a reward for a race...

okay :sly:
Still lost on what the point of your original post was.

This is the discussion thread for a news article I wrote for this site - you can see it if you click on the link in the first post, or visit the front page of the site.

100% agree. Picked up the game after the shininess of GT7 wore off and I have been impressed ever since. The cars\physics are an absolute blast!
I picked it up instead of GT7 and have been enjoying it. Nice driving model that enforces technique. At least the PS4 version does look like a potato next to GT though and there's no Nordschleife, both of which spoil it somewhat for me.

For me it seems a much greater and better decision to let the teams from Asseto Corsa handle this kinda stuff. Dont get me wrong its inclusion in GT Sport was okay but it falls short for me when its not the most realistic and accurate to real life simulator where in my opinion should be its strongest suit.

Last edited:
Who is backing who, is FIA getting sponsor money or is it the other way around? With a split player base and nothing really new to the table maybe PD knew that it would be a waste of money promoting something that wasn't close to what GT-Sport was?

Back