FIA Motorsport Games to Return This October

• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments
Who is backing who, is FIA getting sponsor money or is it the other way around? With a split player base and nothing really new to the table maybe PD knew that it would be a waste of money promoting something that wasn't close to what GT-Sport was?
SRO organise the FIA Motorsport Games. ACC is the SRO associated title.

The FIA doesn’t grant anyone a license out of the goodness of their heart. You pay for an association. Just like any other sponsor.

The FIA hasn’t been part of Gran Turismo for the best part of a year. If not longer. Same deal with Tag Heuer. These are commercial sponsorships that expire. One day we may randomly see Rolex or Seiko sponsoring GT. Just like Michelin & Brembo.

Im not surprised they went this route, FIA is has F1 with the F1 Game Series, and this game is best suited for the GT3 Cars over GT. I dont really get people who litigate it as some issue with GT vs reality of that FIA seemingly wants to align to games catered strictly to certain race cars only.

I think this is good for ACC. TBH it makes sense sense ACC willbe a good partner for the FIA. I hope it does well

I think it's a right decision, ACC is a great game, perhaps the best in terms of technique. I don't know if GT7 weighed in the decision, but KAZ and Sony have their product completely wrong, and everyone has said that. Yesterday I wanted to play the Tsukuba event, 30 laps in the mobi dick mission, then I thought about it, 30 laps for 10,000 credits? What motivations should a player have? But Tsukuba event is only one of many mistakes made it by them.
I'm not a fan boy, plenty of stuff that need and should be already fixed in gt7 but I dont understand this argument. I never look at payout when I do an event, I think about what I want to do and then go and do it. Earning 100k or 10k wont really matter to me as long as I had a fun race. Should payout be more even and higher all around yeah sure, but I never looked at a event thinking yeah this is gonna be fun then seeing the payout and thinking na, not worth it. I dont really care about money. I even redid some 1hour mission for yeah you heard it here first, a whooping 0 credit. Why ? Because I thought that race was fun and the AI was competitive.

I wish ACC wouldve pushed quicker to add more and more tracks rather than other cars. Having the small handful of tracks was fun for a little while where now its about as stale as can be.

I think ACC would've been better in the long run, at least if its playing on the PC version you will have better mods and also bigger compatibility with the more realistic racing wheels on the market. GT Sport has its limits and I think going with GT7 would've been a step backwards. Not to say GT7 isn't good or anything, just that racing sims has always been better on a PC than console.

Just what the world needs. More GT3 racing... but now it's virtual and therefore even less interesting.

At least with the Gran Turismo events there was the possibility to run events that have never happened or will never happen in the real world. Running a virtual GT3 race around say Brands Hatch doesn't hold much appeal when you can just watch the real thing.

Last edited:
Its not loss for me, maybe that just means fia won’t hold back som stuff that gt7 can improve on, acc never intrested me, i have much more intrest in standard ac on pc with mods

Assetto Corsa's image is so bright while Gran Turismo is currently in its dark age.

This is why I prefer rFactor 2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Automobilista 2, DiRT Rally 2.0 & WRC 10 to Gran Turismo & Forza Motorsport series.

Last edited:
Just what the world needs. More GT3 racing... but now it's virtual and therefore even less interesting.

At least with the Gran Turismo events there was the possibility to run events that have never happened or will never happen in the real world. Running a virtual GT3 race around say Brands Hatch doesn't hold much appeal when you can just watch the real thing.
ACC has GT4, BMW M2 Cup, Ferrari Challenge, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Porsche GT3 Cup on top of GT3 (not to mention stuff like the Cayman GT4 that has its own series). So while yes, GT has more options, ACC is far from a one-class game.

Wow this is so embarassing.

Pd need to get their act together.
While it sure is embarrassing, it seems that PD really hasn't had their act together since 2004. They've been consistently passed by in the racing genre by other title after other title from GT5, GT6, Spurt and now GT7. Now in a realm of PC Sims, they're not even in the same stratosphere anymore. It's not really that shocking.

Last edited:
This is true, but you have to ask why their "long-term partnership" only lasted one game.
They may have used GT as a bridge that would get them into digital motorsport. It has bigger fanbase and reach than other sims. They get better viewership this way and then they just switch to something thats more realistic maybe hoping that the audience stays.

Here is my idea for the future of Gran Turismo, why not create a new installment that focuses on hardcore Sim Racing, having a similar handling model to Assetto Corsa Competizione or iRacing, and make it a PC exclusive.

Plus it requires having very good AI opponents and the Sport mode should be much more similar to iRacing.

Last edited:
Here is my idea for the future of Gran Turismo, why not create a new installment that focuses on hardcore Sim Racing, having a similar handling Assetto Corsa Competizione or iRacing, and make it a PC exclusive.

Plus it requires having very good AI opponents and the Sport mode should be much more similar to iRacing.
I hope that won`t happen

Last edited:
Completely wrong in your opinion, but it has been on top of selling charts for months, so Sony and PD aren't stupid, i would judge a game basing on a reward for a race...

The sales were high because the anticipation was high, and the GT franchise has the strongest following. Then the problems started… GT7 is so so far from being e-sports ready, hence the jump to ACC. Imagine how bad things have to be for a game to have such a strong following and exposure and still be deemed unsuited for FIA championships.

I'm curious about that as well.
Is this question so obvious or no one knows? 😅 Because it makes a huge difference between where both platforms stand at the moment in terms of development and possibilities as well as popularity of the game on consoles.

Last edited:
The sales were high because the anticipation was high, and the GT franchise has the strongest following. Then the problems started… GT7 is so so far from being e-sports ready, hence the jump to ACC. Imagine how bad things have to be for a game to have such a strong following and exposure and still be deemed unsuited for FIA championships.
Of course is a loss for PD, but i mean, i don't know if they really care a lot, as i said before gt7 sold a lo way more than GTS and it doesn't matter why, it sold, which is the matter and PD is making A LOT of money, so we can't say that GT7 is a disaster because PD like, every company in the world, works for earning money, saying that is a disaster just because there is something we do not like is just childish.

Back