FIA Motorsport Games to Return This October

• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments
Someone posted this is what happens when you don’t listen to the fans. PD did listen to the fans and look at the state of the game. They burned the old ways to the ground and paved a new way for casual players to learn about esports. However, the casual fans voted no and wanted the old GT back. His new vision was shattered. This hurt Kaz’ feelings. :sly:

The man is hurting! He's alone, he's tired, he hasn't seen half of what we've seen down here... and you're going to stand there and tell me that he's going to give a damn about what you do to him, IF he makes it out of there alive? Why don't you wake up and smell what you shovel in? :sly:

So GT7 sold. It however lost the respect of a LOT of people and we are seeing how they address problems and neglect what customers say. You may not think it's a disaster but as people migrate to other titles, we'll see how that tarnishes their future sales and reputation. I for one never got a PS5 and now I really have no inclination to get one at all. GT8? Who cares, I put my efforts into a high end PC and would not look back. Running a nice rig with DD2 and Heusinkveld pedals. Next up is triple screens because VR doesn't agree with me sometimes. Their loss is going to be a familiar story just like mine for a lot of people who don't want to sit around waiting for PD to do something. I have more content in AC alone to last me the rest of my life and never master.

I'm not a fan boy, plenty of stuff that need and should be already fixed in gt7 but I dont understand this argument. I never look at payout when I do an event, I think about what I want to do and then go and do it. Earning 100k or 10k wont really matter to me as long as I had a fun race. Should payout be more even and higher all around yeah sure, but I never looked at a event thinking yeah this is gonna be fun then seeing the payout and thinking na, not worth it. I dont really care about money. I even redid some 1hour mission for yeah you heard it here first, a whooping 0 credit. Why ? Because I thought that race was fun and the AI was competitive.
your post is a piece of fresh air, and i totally agree with you. It’s not about getting all the cars within a few months it’s about enjoying the races and picking up what’s ever on offer. You will obtain all the cars or the ones you like, in your own time. I’ve posts on here about people grinding credits by leaving console on over night , without actually playing it ?. Enjoy your Racing.

your post is a piece of fresh air, and i totally agree with you. It’s not about getting all the cars within a few months it’s about enjoying the races and picking up what’s ever on offer. You will obtain all the cars or the ones you like, in your own time. I’ve posts on here about people grinding credits by leaving console on over night , without actually playing it ?. Enjoy your Racing.
Yeah Im in the same boat, ive just been playing as I go there is zero pressure to get every single car just to collect dust, I actually like having certain cars and put money into them. I think PDs goal is that online has more tuning so you can bring in your personal car to certain tracks, but also have the harder BoP stuff we had a hint of that at launch but PP needs some more cooking to be fully viable. Then you have an e-sports game more geared towards not only the race cars but that **** box you Customized a lot to a beast.

GT7 has its issues, but looking across the landscape of games release during the pandemic none of these things are catastrophic and will more than likely be worked out in the coming months. GT7 a year from launch will def look a lot diff than at launch. Its good you can get in and out the game without ha ing any FOMO.

This ACC FIA makes the most sense in the world. And I dont see it as any real thing other than both sides changing what they want. And FIA going more hardcore makes sense When you look at them also pairing with the F1 Franchise as well.

I am bemused by a lot of posts on here. Everyone has a different way of enjoying the game (GT7) and because it does not line up with someones elses ethos then that makes the way the play that someone else plays the game "wrong". If someone wants to grind day and night for credits good for you. If someone wants to enjoy races with no credits then so be that too. You want all the cars, then great and if you only want a few that have all the bells and whistles then that's cool too. You all about liveries or scapes even music rally then more power to you. No one is right and no one is wrong. An opinion is nothing more than a view point and not "facts", just my 2c's worth.

I Think in my opinion that all that FIA affaire will be hosted on PC version only, Kunos don't work on and don't care about console versions.
And console versions are great in physics, but mostly broken/bugged in offline/online modes.

I think also that FIA will change now and then to other games to host their eSports online qualys and presencial events.

I'm quite preplex, reading comments towards GT, asking to be a pure Sim when it is and always will be an entry level game focused towards all kind of people...and finally, a race is a race, everyone has to adapt to a car/driving... same in simracing.

And also perplexed about coments that PD don't listen his comunity, while he increased the rewards after comunity complaining.
And always says that the game will have a long support and service... but people want all cars in 2 months and al fixed in 3 months.

On ACC console most issues and bugs aren't fixed since launch more than 2 years ago, is nearly a year behind PC version in terms of game version, they don't listen the console comunity and don't add either demanded stuff ...but people aploude them while it's cyberbug of simracing on consoles

Last edited:
And also perplexed about coments that PD don't listen his comunity, while he increased the rewards after comunity complaining.
And always says that the game will have a long support and service... but people want all cars in 2 months and al fixed in 3 months.
I agree. Remember when people complained about tuning and how they wanted BoP back. PD responded and made the races BoP. Now people are complaining that the races are boring and the Daytona Gr. 3 week was the best.

I'm not a fan boy, plenty of stuff that need and should be already fixed in gt7 but I dont understand this argument. I never look at payout when I do an event, I think about what I want to do and then go and do it. Earning 100k or 10k wont really matter to me as long as I had a fun race. Should payout be more even and higher all around yeah sure, but I never looked at a event thinking yeah this is gonna be fun then seeing the payout and thinking na, not worth it. I dont really care about money. I even redid some 1hour mission for yeah you heard it here first, a whooping 0 credit. Why ? Because I thought that race was fun and the AI was competitive.

What’s not to understand? GT7 is a racing game designed with an economy centered around winning races for money so that one can continue to buy and upgrade their cars. So yeah, most people expect to be rewarded adequately for completing the game’s challenges.

The whole drama around GT7 just keeps getting better and better, lmfao. ACC is on PC though, imo that's a big plus, exclusivity made sense back in PS2 and maybe PS3, nowadays it's just dumb.

I think this is a win for gt7 means just the fia won’t hold back features and content to arrive in the game, this just means more focus to main game instead and thats not a bad thing

Just what the world needs. More GT3 racing... but now it's virtual and therefore even less interesting.

At least with the Gran Turismo events there was the possibility to run events that have never happened or will never happen in the real world. Running a virtual GT3 race around say Brands Hatch doesn't hold much appeal when you can just watch the real thing.
Lol. If you don't like playing racing games just say so.

Hopefully they'll be able to get all the best sim racers out there into the competition. With GT Sport you had tens of thousands competing, the whole point of the game was to compete for a spot at the FIA events. Now with ACC they'll have 80 entrants with vague pre-selection process with national FIA organizations. Somehow I don't see the field being as close in talent as before.

Here is my idea for the future of Gran Turismo, why not create a new installment that focuses on hardcore Sim Racing, having a similar handling Assetto Corsa Competizione or iRacing, and make it a PC exclusive.

Plus it requires having very good AI opponents and the Sport mode should be much more similar to iRacing.
Very bad idea, GT have nothing to do with pure sims that why its so popular and diverse, even the new Forza Motorsport will implement a similar structure and features like GT.
And thats why Kudos its working on a new AC to compete with GT and Forza...
Pure Sims are very cool, i own ACC,Raceroom etc on my PC but i much prefer a game like GT that i just sit practice and have fun, once in a while i go to a SIM and have a blast but...

Anyway i read to many invented reasons, FIA going to ACC root its good cause ACC its a pure SIM very focused and limited in terms o variety but a masterpiece in terms what its focused on...

How people will argument when the main F1 game along side FIA competitions its a arcade game like F1 22?
The king and fastest cars of racing being represented and "sponsored" by the main organisation of real racing and when we look to F1 EA game its even more arcady compared to GT or Forza...

GT have many problems but makes no sense trying to give false reasons/arguments for FIA departure, GT isnt worsth compared to sport just need optimisation and corrections in bugs / lobby and so on like any other online game.., ACC still lack in so many fields in terms of ingame content and still a great game and still being worked on...

When FIA abandom F1 from EA all the arguments people post will be valid i guess XD

Launching GT7, without having all the lobby functions, was a stab in many GT racing communities.

We had to continue to compete in the GTS.

Just don't see those who don't want to see, which is where a large part of the problem to GT community dissatisfaction.

As I don't care about FIA racing, I don't feel sorry for it and I think it even frees up time and space for the PDI, so that the other players can also enjoy the game.
Fortunately my PSPlus is gone and it is not necessary to do the best lap in online races or TT´s, but the last patch* made this area worse.
Do 1 or 1,000 km on a track, the bonus is only kilometers, also now* registered in the inaccessible daily distance of 42,195 km. However a roulette ticket with 5000 Cr. is a certainty at 42 kms daily.
Situations that don't bother the 3,000+ - FIA players, but don't captivate others either.

Hopefully they'll be able to get all the best sim racers out there into the competition. With GT Sport you had tens of thousands competing, the whole point of the game was to compete for a spot at the FIA events. Now with ACC they'll have 80 entrants with vague pre-selection process with national FIA organizations. Somehow I don't see the field being as close in talent as before.
Though on the other hand we have SROeSports, which serves the same as FIAGTC back then (and yes, you have to PAY to enter a qualifier and sadly only a handful of players/teams fast enough to be able to get into the main series. While the main series have an actual prize pool that you can actually win something depends on your class ranking)

FIA Motorsport Games is a different thing that sadly depends on how the ASN wants their representative to be selected, mainly money and human connections. Though some would hold qualification races, but again, that can go very shady (Hong Kong held one last year using GTSport, and that was outright demolition derby by one team against the other one.)

Launching GT7, without having all the lobby functions, was a stab in many GT racing communities.

We had to continue to compete in the GTS.

Just don't see those who don't want to see, which is where a large part of the problem to GT community dissatisfaction.
That should be the priority of PD i guess, GT sport almost felt like a beta test for the online structure/features and they got it right. was a field that that probably the community took for granted...
It seems not, the only good thing is that eventually there will be a patch or patches to correct and add all the missing features and to correct bugs.

But timming its everything nowadays, private leagues are basically on old, along side monetization attempt, the poor state of the lobbys features and bugs at launch could kill any other game..., but for shure they will be solved.
ACC its the best example of how time can transform a game has long has community stick to improve the game.

Back