FIA Motorsport Games to Return This October

• Thread starter Famine
  • 108 comments
Pretty happy about this, I got worried when GT Sport started leaning so heavily into E-Sports. Meant the cars were selected less as a cool car to have in a game, but more to fill a certain category of cars for class diversity. Not entirely but that’s how it felt when the entire games purpose was to be a good E-Sport game first.

At least now GT7 can be focused more on core gameplay than staying balanced for the top 0.1% races.

And yet it's still going to stay focused on the top 0.1% races and have the same Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2 and Gr.1 categories. Have the same structured online e-sports "World Series" championships. Nothing is going to really change other than you not reading the letters FIA attached to it. This is the path they've chose whether people like it or not. I mean they put the kids names and faces in the game.

Oh yea, what happens to all those world championship series they established under the patronage of FIA? Red and blue one. What's the even meaning of that now? All those kids you see in game? It seems like rug is being pulled underneath all of that now...

Not surprised.

While I haven't played, ACC seems to busy itself in FIA licensing from the cars, tracks and race formats. It appears to be a perfect fit. Not to mention it being available to all sorts of players across multiple platforms - of all the mixed experiences this has been reported to cause - looking from the outside in, that can put certain dedicated sims to shame let alone exclusive simcades.

Well, seeing this, I say that it is about time that this time they make it possible to play Single Player modes WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, we are going to remove the DRM, since someone told me that one of the reasons why implemented was due to a requirement of the FIA

I think this is a win for gt7 means just the fia won’t hold back features and content to arrive in the game, this just means more focus to main game instead and thats not a bad thing
So what features and content were the FIA holding back? All the features and content they added to GT7 at launch? Oh, wait....

Well, seeing this, I say that it is about time that this time they make it possible to play Single Player modes WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET, we are going to remove the DRM, since someone told me that one of the reasons why implemented was due to a requirement of the FIA
That someone was wrong.

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll be able to get all the best sim racers out there into the competition. With GT Sport you had tens of thousands competing, the whole point of the game was to compete for a spot at the FIA events. Now with ACC they'll have 80 entrants with vague pre-selection process with national FIA organizations. Somehow I don't see the field being as close in talent as before.
Right. Because the people who seriously competed for these things were always casuals, and we know that hardcore sim racers aren't going to jump platforms just for the chance to drive in an FIA event.

Wait, what?
How people will argument when the main F1 game along side FIA competitions its a arcade game like F1 22?
Lol, "arcade game".
cough*iRacing*cough
There's reasons not to put something like this on iRacing though. Part of the appeal for the FIA is getting people interested in motorsports, and that means that the more accessible the game they use is the better. ACC is pretty regularly on sale for $20 or less, iRacing would probably have to put GT3 content in the base package to have similar accessibility. It wouldn't surprise me if iRacing wouldn't want to do that, their GT3 content is very popular and I imagine makes them a lot of money.

Now with ACC they'll have 80 entrants with vague pre-selection process with national FIA organizations. Somehow I don't see the field being as close in talent as before.
Considering this will likely be using the PC version there will be no shortage of competitors. Sure its base isn't the size of GT's but I'd wager a higher percentage of PC ACC players are likely to actually make a serious attempt if they have an open-entry segment.

It's probably also worth mentioning that Alpine, BMW, Ferrari and Lamborghini have all either recently or are currently running competitions using the PC version of ACC (There was also the McLaren/Logitech competition last year). I can't imagine that would be the case if the game wasn't active.

The sales were high because the anticipation was high, and the GT franchise has the strongest following. Then the problems started… GT7 is so so far from being e-sports ready, hence the jump to ACC. Imagine how bad things have to be for a game to have such a strong following and exposure and still be deemed unsuited for FIA championships.
Dont rewrite history the way you think it went, that's not what happened, FIA dropped Gran Turismo before GT7 was even released, its not a reaction to how gt7 was, it's probably because they already wanted something more solid but had a contract with gts until end of 2021 I'm guessing.

Lol, "arcade game".
Yes an arcade game..., you have to manage some aspects like in RL but the gameplay itself its very arcady..., i played using previous F1´s games using a thrustmaster T300 and its not a simulator thats for shure...

Dont know about F1 2022 but the engine its the same, dont know if they tweaked the physics for this new game.

Anyway FIA departure in terms of GT game structure didnt affect nothing, regional info about players still there, ranking etc.

Maybe ACC get some ingame content instead of external sources that we can acess via game menus just like GT.

Now that the FIA has turned its back on Gran Turismo 7, I say that this time it is time for the DRM to be removed, or what is the same that it can be played without the need to be connected to the Internet

I think it's a right decision, ACC is a great game, perhaps the best in terms of technique. I don't know if GT7 weighed in the decision, but KAZ and Sony have their product completely wrong, and everyone has said that. Yesterday I wanted to play the Tsukuba event, 30 laps in the mobi dick mission, then I thought about it, 30 laps for 10,000 credits? What motivations should a player have? But Tsukuba event is only one of many mistakes made it by them.
Then you do a circuit experience for less than 5 minutes and you get 160.000 for all bronze lol.

Back