Field of view setting and blurred steering wheel

• Thread starter Rosinbag1
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
When using helmet camera view, and speed hits 120 mph, the data on the steering wheel gets blurry. doesn't happen on cockpit view. initially noticed while making adjustments on field of view using the formula C car but notice same on other cars. Settings on FOV min speed sensitivity is 40 and max speed sensitivity is 120. Min speed sensitive speed is 40 and max speed sensitive speed is 200. Want to correct for the blurriness of the steering wheel if possible above this speed. Any suggestions?

I believe the setting is called "Helmet DOF" (unless they actually spelled out Depth of Field). It only has an on or off option. Off is the only good option.

I thought when I was checking out the options the other day it said that if you disable the helmet overlay on the helmet camera(so it behaves the same but you just don't have the black bar at the bottom) it would also disable the audio muffling. I didn't try it so I don't know if it works as described, but it's worth a shot.

I've used helmet cam since pCARS1 with DOF off (as I don't like the implementation), helmet off (as I don't like the muffled audio) but with look to apex on (as I do like that one!).

Just look through the options and set as you prefer. The game offers lots of tweaking which is great.

I run cockpit view and like when the gauges blur at speed, but can’t figure out why/when the blur decides to occur. Sometimes it seems to blur randomly or blur when accelerating, unblur, and then blur again. Haven’t figured how to adjust this setting and have the ‘Speed FOV Sensitivity’ turned off.

Any advice?

The blur effect is stupid imho as I can't see the MoTeC display, or anything else for that matter, when I need to. It's the reason I never bought Shift, as you can't turn the bloody thing off in that game. At least we can here...

2d9cr3.jpg

I love helmet cam i try playing other games like ac and gts in interior view but they just felt dull compare to helmet cam.

Another thing i love about DOF is since i'm a pad user it helps me feel the motion and speed of the car while in helmet can better.

Long live Helmet cam :bowdown:

Back