Final fantasy 14 2.0, a realm reborn

• Thread starter dan0543
  • 25 comments
England
Stoke
dan0543
Hi guys, I was amazed not to find a thread on this :odd:
Beta testing starts on 25th February, applications are open right now for both the ps3 and PC version.
Personally I'm really hyped about this game and I've loved final fantasy games on consoles, and while the first version of this game didn't exactly impress most people, I kinda like the direction the game is taking and it's clear the production values have risen dramatically.
I've only just got my PC and I haven't played 11 or the first version of 14, but now I've had my email and i'm in the beta test 👍
So are you looking forward to this game? What are your thoughts on the first version if you played it, aand the direction this one is taking?

whnwnb.jpg

2uh0h90.jpg
a1h16g.jpg

mcfzev.jpg
14ualax.jpg

51o48o.jpg
24qmzkl.jpg

2zdyxz7.jpg
10qzxux.jpg

314cieb.jpg

I haven't played the 1st iteration. I've been keeping my eye on the developments of this game though.

So much explosions almost hurts me eyes. This game has changed so much since FF8 and FF9

Thanks for those pics and the vid! I just ran the benchmark featured in that video, feels flattering when it says my PC's performance is very high :)
And a slight mistake by me, The PC beta begins on the 25th but the ps3 beta begins later in the third phase of testing.
Looking forward to playing this with a team, only problem is finding friends to play it with me. A few play WOW but when asked they just say they don't like final fantasy and the first version of 14 was rubbish :grumpy:

I've been playing the 1.0 version and I wasnt really trilled. World was too big and feel empty. There wasnt much quest neither or even stuff to do apart from mission that was limited by number.

I might try it again and see how it is now but mmorpg are too much of a time sink I think. Unless it's exceptionnaly good I doubt I'll play it again.

They should better call it XV.
Not sure how great it is to be seen as fixed version of a horribly failed game.

My friend is already playing it and loving it. I wanted to be a Thurm but every time I tried to move while casting, it interrupted me and I wasn't fond of that :lol: .

I might give it another shot with a different class.

It's pretty fantastic so far. Storyline is enjoyable, gameplay is good, looks very pretty. Early dungeons are very fun, and for the most part people seem to have their **** together. I had one group who struggled on Ifrit, but other than that it's been awesome.

The monthly fee isn't a downside for me. F2Ps annoy me with the constant pokes to pay money. I'd rather pay upfront and be on an even footing with everyone else. That, and I feel it's a more sustainable business model long term, but that's just my preference.

I played the open beta and was pleasantly surprised at the graphics, gameplay and overall feel of the game. Unfortunately, I don't have the same amount of time I had back when I played WoW (almost 4 years ago, time flies) so I too will have to pass given the monthly fee. I'd rather it be F2P and buy content as I get to it than having to pay monthly and not play it enough.

Yeah... and on top of it all, the fees are above the average for MMOs in general. Not by a lot, but still.

I've got a friend who's in, he persuaded me to buy the collector's edition for the early access. Once it came out, he bailed and still hasn't started playing yet, not sure why. I'll play when he does, it really is best played with more than 1 person. Also, as we found out the hard way in the beta, there's a few starting areas and it depends on which job you take for which area you start in. Our plan is I'm a lancer because I thing that dragoon armor is to die for, and he's a conjurer for now but he'll switch later on.

Back