jacobanner1resize.jpg

Welcome to Round 1 of the Final GT4 Photomode Tournament

match1o.jpg

NTX vs. jacoja06

"Famous Shots"

Cars: Any
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes
Explanation: Try to recreate a "famous" shot from GT4 photomode, i.e. alex's 787B, at least use the same car/location

match2h.jpg

Bram Turismo vs. MinoltaMan89

"Color"

Explanation: Bump up the saturation and let those colors pop!

match3e.jpg

Moglet vs. franz

"Bird's Eye View"

Explanation: Take a shot from the sky. Scenery, cars, whatever.

match4h.jpg

Nicknamealguem vs. speedemon08

"Crap Cars"

Cars: Any car(s) you consider a "crap car"
Phototravel: No
Explanation: Dig out those underpowered pieces of crap from out of the back of your garage and take some photos.

tournamentrules.jpg

Image Editing Rules:

Allowed Photoshop tools list:

Lasso
Crop
Clone Stamp
Smudge-blur-sharpen Tools
dodge-burn-sponge Tools
gradient

Allowed Photoshop adjustments:
Levels
Curves
Color Balance
Brightness/Contrast
Black&White
Hue/Saturation (you may adjust however you wish)
Desaturate
Photo Filters
Shadow/Highlight
Exposure

Allowed Photoshop Filters:
Blur
distort>diffuse glow
Noise
Render>Lighting Effects
Sharpen
Other> High Pass

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]

What you may not do to a photo.
You may not alter the geometry of the car. This includes adding body kits, stickers, etc.
You may not add/remove anything from the car (spoilers, carbon fiber, intercoolers...not even if you use allowed tools/effects) RIMS ARE THE EXCEPTION.
Nothing from outside GT4 may be added to your photo.

What you may do in a photo:
You may migrate wheels from phototravel to in-game photmode
scale (or enlarge) rims
remove license plates

General Rules:

All entries should be uploaded by Imageshack or Photobucket (if possible), and sent to MinotlaMan89 in a PM.
You must type "2.0 Round 1 Entry" above your entry.
Do not post your entry in your gallery until the poll is up.
Do not use a photo from your gallery or any photo that has been shown before on GTPlanet.
Do not use any cheats or GameShark codes to modify the game content.
You will be allowed to change your entry once.
Deadline is one week from the time this post was made.

The winners from each match will advance to Round 2.

gtptable.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting themes, excellent choice 👍 I would love to have "famous shot" theme for my match actually, and it just sounds too much fun. I am kinda upset facing Moglet this early, but I won't go easy on him anyway :lol:

Wow. I'm really liking the famous shots theme 👍. The most exciting theme I've probably ever had. And I don't even have to avoid plagiarism!

Best of luck, NTX. :)

Edit: Actually, it's a bit of a tricky theme. It's hard to determine if a nice picture taken from someone else was considered 'famous'. Most of the real popular pictures are already masterpieces, which will be very hard to even try and improve. And also, many pictures from galleries and previous competitions have broken links.

It’ll be awesome if I use one of NTX’s photos to beat himself with. :lol:

Last edited:
I don´t have famous shots Jaco...

And...good luck to me...don´t even know what the hell I will do...and just look at you full of skills :D

Interesting theme. I usually have lots of colors in my images, but I think I want to try something different this time. I'm eager to see what NTX and Jaco will come up with, I think we'll either see a Franz, 440 Charger, Moglet or alexwrc shot.

Good luck to you also M-Man 👍

Very interesting and original themes.

About my theme, I don't really know if I can consider one car crappy. They are cool in one way or another. Still, quite interesting and worth of some research.

Best of luck to Speedemon08

I have the same problem as you.... its hard to choose a crappy car (because all of my cars are interesting in their own way)

It’s an agonizing thought that I have to wait another week to see the Poll. I sent my entry last night... so keen and excited about it. And now, 6 days of nothingness :(. Dang.

crap cars theme lol nice

Indeed.

I'd be very happy with that theme as I'd personally take a piece of junk, put some nice DUB rims on it and lower that thing until the clearance is close to nothing!

someone should enter the nissan pao. i've seen piggy banks look better than that thing lol

Don't think crappy car theme is fun, because you are most likely spending many hours doing clean up alone. The hardest part is to keep telling yourself this is not a piece of crap while you working on it.

the best way is to pick the most boxy looking thing they could find, and just get one with it :lol: thank god it wasn't me. but hey, atleast gt4 didn't have any lada's in the game lol

I actually might struggle to get this entry in, I've got dates and meetings for drinks coming out of my ears at the minute. I'll try and free up some time though.

In that case I might try to change my entry as I feel it won't cut it. There is a little feature in it which made me edit the original image, but I'm not sure if it will be noticed with the crowd...

where is the dead line?

It will close as soon as all the entrants have submitted their entry. 👍

I've got a new entry on the way, I'm putting a lot of work into it so I hope everybody will like it. Let's just hope it doesn't backfire like it did several tournaments earlier :scared:

^ :lol: I’ve been there. Though I sometimes get sceptical looking at a shot I submitted early in the week, then replace it with something worse during the final seconds.

I know we are going to see some awesome shots in round 1. Moglet v Franz should be interesting :D.

I never look back and change my entry, except once in pmc. I fail in confidence!

I can't wait to see how Moglet delivers this time. Actually I was quite busy this week and didn't have time to work on the entry until yesterday evening. However the entry I sent wasn't the best way to show off my skills, because my other favorite shot would be too time-consuming to finish it, but I will start working on it, maybe use it in near future.

No one will ever guess what happened moments ago. I'm typing this from my brother's laptop, who doesn't have photoshop or anything like it. My graphic card died on me moments ago while I was working on my entry. The worst part is that I am still half way into my edition and I was going to go back in the cleaning, since the one I did (thank God I only did half of it) was too crappy. Anyway, I expect to buy and install a new graphic card tomorrow, so, not to worry (I hope). :scared:

Mine is different to my usual style, it's a bit 'out there' IMO and every time I've tried something new in the past it's backfired on me :lol: So we shall see, I look forward to seeing all of the entries anyway.

Sorry. It's all my fault. I am struggling to get my entry done. I've been with rehearsals every day with the band, because we are going to participate in a festival. Adding to that, schoolwork, exams, physical training, and training the musics itself whenever I can. I've been struggling to even go to the PC. :(

Back