round2tw2.jpg

Welcome to Round 2 of the Final GT4 Photomode Tournament

match1o.jpg

jacoja06 vs. Bram Turismo

"Forgotten"

Cars: Any that are not used/seen often in GT4 photomode
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes
Explanation: Try to use some more obscure cars and locations.

match2h.jpg

Moglet vs. Nicknamealguem

"Abstract"

Cars: Any
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: No
Explanation: --

tournamentrules.jpg

Image Editing Rules:

Allowed Photoshop tools list:

Lasso
Crop
Clone Stamp
Smudge-blur-sharpen Tools
dodge-burn-sponge Tools
gradient

Allowed Photoshop adjustments:
Levels
Curves
Color Balance
Brightness/Contrast
Black&White
Hue/Saturation (you may adjust however you wish)
Desaturate
Photo Filters
Shadow/Highlight
Exposure

Allowed Photoshop Filters:
Blur
distort>diffuse glow
Noise
Render>Lighting Effects
Sharpen
Other> High Pass

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]

What you may not do to a photo.
You may not alter the geometry of the car. This includes adding body kits, stickers, etc.
You may not add/remove anything from the car (spoilers, carbon fiber, intercoolers...not even if you use allowed tools/effects) RIMS ARE THE EXCEPTION.
Nothing from outside GT4 may be added to your photo.

What you may do in a photo:
You may migrate wheels from phototravel to in-game photmode
scale (or enlarge) rims
remove license plates

General Rules:

All entries should be uploaded by Imageshack or Photobucket (if possible), and sent to MinotlaMan89 in a PM.
You must type "2.0 Round 2 Entry" above your entry,
Do not post your entry in your gallery until the poll is up.
Do not use a photo from your gallery or any photo that has been shown before on GTPlanet.
Do not use any cheats or GameShark codes to modify the game content.
You will be allowed to change your entry once.
Deadline is one week from the time this post was made.

The winners from each match will advance to the Final Round.

gtptable.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, it's Bram!

Two awesome themes in one Tournament. Looking forward to this. :)

Not the theme I was hoping to see, I have no idea what kind of car to use :indiff:

The theme also says to use some more obscure locations, so I don't think I can try out a new style I was hoping to be able to save for this round.

Good luck Jaco, this is going to be awesome! 👍

So, Moglet, we meet again. :mischievous:

I already have an idea for my theme. It will be difficult because, abstract seems to be Moglet's beach, I know he can pull out something great. Good luck. 👍

As well as Bram's, I don't think I can pull out something I had in mind to use this round, nor I think I could use 100dpi for this one. :indiff:.

Actually, it’s a bit of a tough theme. Determining an ‘obscure’ car is a bit tricky... and most odd cars are not photogenic. I’ve finally landed on a car which I don’t think is used too often... but I’m not sure if I should go through with it.

Bram , I hope you suffer as much as I do. :lol: Good luck!

Sorry mates, I'll try to finish mine today 👍

EDIT: This is stupid, I hate curved blurs. :grumpy:

Last edited:
I was going to ask Franz on the same thing. I think he has some special secret editing program he used to use to get curved blurs to actually work. Though that was some years ago...

(I think it was Franz :D )

Yeah, Paint Shop Pro but it's a stupid program. I tried it once and I became just fed up with it. Nothing in PS works for me, no twirling, no deformation. Looks like I have to make a gazillion layers with radial blurs which I can't be bothered with. Crap, now I got to rethink my entire entry.

Ahh, that sucks... I feel your pain. My first round 2 entry involved the radial blur. I tried using the smudge tool effect, which ended in tears.
I ended up using a picture from a completely new photo shoot.

Trust me, Luis, I've gone through that one a hundred times. Guess I just stay with boring blurs then...

Who said curved blur would guarantee a win? Who said boring car, boring angle, and boring blur would fail? All you need is a little inspiration from something really awesome :)

Well this is wanted I wanted to do: http://upload.scottchu.com/JasonN/E46/_DSC2934.jpg

Awesome car, awesome angle. I haven't found that same angle yet, but since I cannot get around the blur technique I guess there's no point in trying to. I might try and upload a regular styled shot in my gallery later. But I think it's quite hard to make the CSL in the game turn white from grey.

You can always make the road texture as smooth as the reference photo, so you only give the road side objects a nice blur job, but I would say mastering the wheel blur with close up angle like that is harder than the curve blur.

I'm still yet to even consider my photo for this I've got so much going on. I'll try and get it in tomorrow. 👍

I'm not going to be able to enter this, my controller has completely packed up, I can't use X to take the picture, can't adjust the shutter speed or anything. :( I was really looking forward to it since I love the theme but I can't do anything about it right now.

Noo!!!! No way. There are some cheap controllers PS2 Compatible and MinoltaMan can wait a little longer. Please, I don't wan't to win by default...:(

If Moglet really can't enter, can't the person who lost to Moglet (franz in this case) take Moglet's place or is this somewhat unfair?

I've just thought, I might be able to get a controller from the girl I'm dating, she works in a games testing place and they've got consoles galore everywhere! So I'm not out quite yet. 👍

Well time for me to say goodbye then. With the half-assed entry I sent in there's no way I will stand a minor chance against Jaco. Every time I look at it I just see all the flaws I didn't correct :lol:

Can't wait to see the results! 👍

Turns out my entry has been used before, so it'll be a while yet. I've still got no controller.

Latest Posts

Back