Final review builds are out.

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 89 comments
There's evidence of other, smaller tweaks that gamers will welcome:the ability to play your own MP3s from memory stick during gameplay, for example
that's awesome ! :D

And hooray for the confirmation of the possibility to install the game on the ms :)

Really good stuff indeed. It sounds also quite good.

Edit: I think the MP3 ability is a real new feature. I have not seen in mentioned elsewhere.

Last edited:
What's an embargo? :dunce:

A contract that you will not publish any new info about something that you are allowed to review, so that all the sites/magazines have time to test it and the company can plan their PR better.

i guess it wont take more than 2 days from now for the review disc to appear on the internet.

Yeah its a shame, but thats the way it is.

But you can't play it until a 6.0 CFW is available and it seems, Alex won't make one.
I wouldn't be surprised if the game has some new protection, too.

Hi everybody, new user here :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363972&page=13

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gt-psp-60fps-video-blog-entry

Firmware 6.0 required, 937MB, quite solid 60fps with occasional tearing, installation possible for UMD version.

I´m just asking to make sure I understand this correctly: So are we going to be able to run the game completely off the memory stick once we installed it from UMD, or will it be some kind of "hybrid" mode? I´m thinking (and hoping) for the former. If that´s the case I won´t have a problem with using the new FW, especially since the game runs at max speed as well (games like Outrun 2006 had been nearly unplayable for me thanks to the choppy framerate until I found out about being able to jack up the clock speed to 333mhz - it´s a bit of a shame that I have to hack my PSP just to get the most out of my legally bought games, but I digress :indiff:)

The trailer on Eurogamer looks fantastic, especially when downloaded, it´s stunning to see what 60fps actually means for a game like this. To me, a smooth framerate makes the game seem a lot more "real" than simple still graphics, that´s why the game looks so-so on screenshots but this jawdropping in motion. I´ll take a small resolution with supersmooth framerate over a high-res game with stuttering, headache-inducing fps any day.

I can´t really wait anymore but I´m trying to enjoy the anticipation :nervous:

How about you stop making assumptions?

Show me where I said I wasn't going to buy the game, or that I even run CFW?

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?

I correct my original post then. "How about those using CFW just buy the game"

It is an odd point to bring up if you aren't interested in/using CFW. Those who are the 0.01% minority who actually use CFW for solely legal purposes (and my apologies to them and good on them for still buying games. It is unfortunate if you are in that situation). Otherwise in one way or another CFW's purpose is fairly much for some form of piracy be it games or video or music and I'm sure most people's concern with regard to using CFW on GT PSP is that they wont be able to play it for "free".

I correct my original post then. "How about those using CFW just buy the game"

It is an odd point to bring up if you aren't interested in/using CFW. Those who are the 0.01% minority who actually use CFW for solely legal purposes (and my apologies to them and good on them for still buying games. It is unfortunate if you are in that situation). Otherwise in one way or another CFW's purpose is fairly much for some form of piracy be it games or video or music and I'm sure most people's concern with regard to using CFW on GT PSP is that they wont be able to play it for "free".

Thank you for the correction.

I never said I didn't use CFW (only that my post didn't indicate either way).
I do use CFW, for homebrew applications, and I buy all my games.

It's just a shame as, for now, I have to choose between all the apps I have, and playing GT PSP.

I imagine it will probably be like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, in which Monster Hunter can be 'installed' to the PSP's Mem Stick and the game will dual load from the disc and the mem stick to speed up loading times as it needs to.

Someone on the Neogaf thread stated that the disc still needs to be in the drive. In the most ideal case this would mean a simple anti-piracy measure, let´s hope for that. Seeing how far this game is pushing the hardware, adding constant UMD access would drain the batteries even faster, and if I recall correctly that was one of the reasons the PSP was initially locked to 222mhz only in the first place. Besides, the game is just under a gig and seing how cheaply you can buy memsticks these days it would be absurd not to use them fully.

Last edited:
I imagine it will probably be like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, in which Monster Hunter can be 'installed' to the PSP's Mem Stick and the game will dual load from the disc and the mem stick to speed up loading times as it needs to.

I remember seeing on Eurogamer or IGN (I don't remember now) that the loadings in Monster Hunter are faster using the method above (UMD and install) than just installed in the MS from PSN because using the first method, it reads from both the UMD and MS, making it faster than just reading from the MS or the UMD, I guess the same applies to GT

I remember seeing on Eurogamer or IGN (I don't remember now) that the loadings in Monster Hunter are faster using the method above (UMD and install) than just installed in the MS from PSN because using the first method, it reads from both the UMD and MS, making it faster than just reading from the MS or the UMD, I guess the same applies to GT

Wait... so loading would be even faster than on the PSP Go? Wow! I like saving battery but short loading times are sweet as well!

Wait... so loading would be even faster than on the PSP Go? Wow! I like saving battery but short loading times are sweet as well!

Based on that info I can confirm you that playing a game from the UMD and with the "Install" option checked (when available) can provide you faster loading times than when reading from the Memory Stick, the PSP Go, however, has a 16GB flash drive, so I don't know if the same applies, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Based on that info I can confirm you that playing a game from the UMD and with the "Install" option checked (when available) can provide you faster loading times than when reading from the Memory Stick, the PSP Go, however, has a 16GB flash drive, so I don't know if the same applies, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Flash drives do have a higher speed than memory cards

Nice to see AT LAST some direct feed of the gameplay: to shut up all the dreamers who believed that they could actually play with GT Prologue-quality on their PSP. ;)

IMHO, it's still very nice and it's really pushing the boundaries of this little handeld. let's add that it literally KILLS the crappy releases of DIRT2 and NFS:SHIFT on the PSP: 2 VERY shameful products of what lazyness and bad developers can do on the PSP. Look for videos or pictures on Google, NFS:SHIFT PSP is not even related to the official game design of NFS:SHIFT next gen/PC (and even Iphone!!!). It's a very bad arcade game closer to the bad Pro-street.

Flash drives do have a higher speed than memory cards
It depends. Memory Sticks have read/write speeds much faster than SD cards by default (I think 15mb/s is the standard), and its unknown what kind of flash memory the Go has in it. Installing to a MS might be faster than the Go if you have a fast memory stick.

Back