Finally!! A new car!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DQuaN
  • 26 comments
  • 1,166 views

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
Messages
12,299
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
After the crap with the last dealer that messed me around, I went to a proper dealer yesterday, and drove home today in my lovely new(ish) Ford Focus. :D

car038wu9.jpg


car039ya7.jpg


car040xc1.jpg


car041cv0.jpg


car042mq8.jpg
 
Congrats DQ!

Nothing can replace the Volvo, but it's a good effort:lol:
Looks in great nick:tup:
 
yay, 1st gen Focus! congrats on the purchase, I did my driving school stuff with this nimble and slick-shifting little hatch. rear visibility could be better, but there's no perfecct car yet..
 
Nice catch, I've always liked that car. 👍

What's the engine on that one?
 
Oh! It's the GOOD one...

(in the U.S. market)

Anyway, nice car! The Proper Focus (not the child-devouring monster we get) is one of the few hatches I prefer over sed...err, Saloon versions.
 
Thanks all, I'm really pleased with it. It's got some quite nice specs too.

Remote central locking, immobiliser, alloy wheels, electric mirrors and windows, cd player, air con.

It's great to drive too.
 
Congrats Dunc. Nice to see you got a new ride.
 
Good choice, I always liked the Focus.




:)
 
Sweet car mate! 👍 :cheers:

congrats on the purchase!
 
Congrats! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in it.

Sounds like you got some pretty great features for the price too.
 
I love it!!!

Just drove home after our quarterly meeting and poker night (which I did quite well in), and the drive was fantastic. It really has put the joy back in to driving. The stereo is fantastic and shakes the panels when turned up without getting distorted. I am especially pleased that the stereo controls at the bottom left of the steering wheel (see second pic), work with the non factory stereo which I thought wasn't possible.

I'm driving it up to Leighton Buzzard tomorrow which should be great fun. :)
 
Looks pretty nice, but why would you want a manual with that kind of car? It just doesn't seem right.
 
Looks pretty nice, but why would you want a manual with that kind of car? It just doesn't seem right.

Because a slushbox Focus is slow as all get out. And loses a good bit of gas mileage to a stick
 
Looks pretty nice, but why would you want a manual with that kind of car? It just doesn't seem right.

:odd: I'm confused as to how a manual in any car, especially a compact, doesn't seem right...
 
Looks pretty nice, but why would you want a manual with that kind of car? It just doesn't seem right.

I don't see how an auto would even make sense for a car with 1.8L engine hatchback. If anything you want the manual so you can actually make use of the "limited" power it has and also saves on gas.
 
It's not that "limited"!!!

If it had 50hp or 500hp, i'd want a manual. Autos take the fun out of driving.
 
1st gen.? I saw first gens around back when I thought NFSU2 Was a total sim game, and GT3 was overly hard and dumb.
 
It's not that "limited"!!!

If it had 50hp or 500hp, i'd want a manual. Autos take the fun out of driving.

But can you shave and drive at the same time with a manual?
 
I couldnt' shave and drive with an automatic.
 
Looks pretty nice, but why would you want a manual with that kind of car? It just doesn't seem right.
Manuals are the "norm" in the UK. Very few people tend to buy automatics, infact I only know 2 people who do, and they are husband and wife.
 
Wow the interior looks surprisingly sporty for an American car.. :) i like the dashboard design
 
It's technically a european car. Ford Europe is far removed from Ford America.
 
Yah, it's quite good at going round corners! ;)
 
It's a great car and you will enjoy it for quite a while I bet. I'm on my second Focus now and I have to say that it is the best little car I have ever purchased.
 
Back