Finally, back with a wheel!

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 8 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Last night I finally aquired a wheel again. I used to race with the G25 in GT5 and GT6, but sold the wheel later on after getting PS4.

I had grown quite used to it and back then I was considerably faster then with the pad. With GTS I was really liking how it plays with the pad and was moving along nicely, almost up to DR B and really enjoying my time. However, I missed the feeling of having a decent wheel to play with.

Then along comes my wife, surprising me with a early birthday present on the form of the Logitech G29 :D.

Im loving the feel of having a wheel again, although I need to take some time to practice and get used to it again to become faster then with the pad, but I'll get there soon enough.

Only thing that bothers me is the non-linear throttle input, but that topic has been talked to death in here so I'm not gonna start ;).

In the meantime I'm just gonna enjoy my new wheel! Gonna get the shifter later on and just need to find a low-space solution to race comfortably :).

Happy racing all and see you on the track ... when I'm comfortable enough with the wheel :D

I also got a G29 some weeks ago and the hardest part for me by far are low speed corners. Very difficult to tell when you're at maximum steering lock, also difficult to know when you're at maximum effective steering for these slower speeds. Knowing how much throttle is also a challenge but at least you get better feedback from that.

There is a red dot on the hud screen that shows the steering input left/right of centre.. helps to know if your on max steering input or wasting time going past max steering input.

I found out that the maximum steering angle of my G29 in GTS is 90 degrees left/right, so anything after that won't do anything but result in longer time returning it to its center :) (and the red dot works perfectly as well)

Congrats on getting the wheel and happy birthday.

Thanks! :D

There is a red dot on the hud screen that shows the steering input left/right of centre.. helps to know if your on max steering input or wasting time going past max steering input.

I found out that the maximum steering angle of my G29 in GTS is 90 degrees left/right, so anything after that won't do anything but result in longer time returning it to its center :) (and the red dot works perfectly as well)

Well, I tried yesterday to use the exterior view, and I watch the wheels as they turn all the way until I reach the steering lock on the wheel, way past the red dot on the HUD. Can the steering lock be different between cars in the game? Because with the Corvette Gr.4 there was movement on the wheels all the way until the G29 locked.

Well, I tried yesterday to use the exterior view, and I watch the wheels as they turn all the way until I reach the steering lock on the wheel, way past the red dot on the HUD. Can the steering lock be different between cars in the game? Because with the Corvette Gr.4 there was movement on the wheels all the way until the G29 locked.
I have noticed this as well (using motion controls). I only tested it when rolling very slowly and stationary. At high speeds, more steering input is required to make the dot reach 'full lock' and I haven't noticed any difference in steering angle when turning the controller past that point. I might be wrong though.

Back