Finally done it, out with the ps3, DFGT & GT6PS4 

United Kingdom
Croydon L,A
Kenno205GTi6
Hello all, Well its done, So just waiting for the T150 & I can get back in the racing seat. I have project cars I opened yesterday, and its not easy lol. Having a look around PCars forum now and if you feel anything would help me please let me know.

By way im 51 and have a 205GTi as a track toy and slowing down lol

You bought Project CARS? All I can say is; GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

;)

VBR
@Kenno205GTi6 - He's probably right, I haven't done that (yet).

:)
I've got plenty of hours on this game. Far from epic. I've deleted the game 3 times to see why fuel loads get screwed up in default setup. In default setup mode, your limited to tire choices. If you turn up tire ware, certain cars get screwed up. Certain tracks have screwed up pits, like the new Silverstone classic track for instance. Game still has landmines in it.
No way of knowing what kind of weather slots the host has chosen, so making pit strategy on the fly sucks. Still no chat box. I could go on and on, just remember that the tires are screwed up in this game.
And try and find leagues to race in, because the open lobbies are nothing but a joke, and always try and use a chat room for mics. Sorry but far from epic.

Awesome.

First thing I'd recommend would be start straight away in the Career Mode in the Clio Cup. Use that as a barometer to get your feet wet for the handling, AI Difficulty Setting, general gameplay settings, etc.

I've got plenty of hours on this game. Far from epic. I've deleted the game 3 times to see why fuel loads get screwed up in default setup. In default setup mode, your limited to tire choices. If you turn up tire ware, certain cars get screwed up. Certain tracks have screwed up pits, like the new Silverstone classic track for instance. Game still has landmines in it.
No way of knowing what kind of weather slots the host has chosen, so making pit strategy on the fly sucks. Still no chat box. I could go on and on, just remember that the tires are screwed up in this game.
And try and find leagues to race in, because the open lobbies are nothing but a joke, and always try and use a chat room for mics. Sorry but far from epic.

I won't disagree with you, it's not perfect but what game is? when the stars a line in the game it is brilliant.

I've had the game for almost 2 weeks now & i've been playing it for about 3-4 hours each day. I just can't get into the game & i'm already missing GT6 on the PS3.

It's interesting how people's experiences differ. I've had the game since launch and despite it's issues I've never had a better driving experience on console (which goes back as far as the Sega Master System in the 1980's)

I'm the same, had it since launch played at least 3 times a week. I won't ever get bored I've only done 3 career seasons but loads of testing and solo events. my current favourite are 30min GT3 race. 20 AI @ 95% with x2 tyre wear. Day/night too just epic

This game is better than GT6, it just has to many issues. Best racing game ever, was on PS2. It was RACEDRIVER3 or called ToCA3. Made by codemasters.

This game should be called "GT3"

I'm going to I bet most of you guys who talk good about the game, only and have ever used the GT3 cars. That series, SMS focused on very well. But didn't spend the same time focused on the other cars, especially the road cars. And I'll bet most of you have never tried the game in default setup mode.

I'm glad people like the game and it is better then GT6. And remember, to who ever just got the game. Be patient. It does take some figuring out. You just can't jump in the game, like it's GT6.

I should also add I like to drive the LMP cars too and the turbo Capri it's a beast. I'm not a fan of road cars but that's a personal choice.

I love PCars...but I've been with it since beta (maybe 3-4 years at this point) and run it on a PC. As a complete package, it's an excellent racing game.

The majority of people who "hate" it have tried it a couple of times and given up because of a random glitch or some minor annoyance. Consoles seem to have more glitches than PC which is completely understandable since early in its development, PCars was intended for PS3/360...and was changed over rather late. They also had no crowd-funding testers for those platforms.

The game to me is a trade-off. During development I was hesitant as they announced more and more features they wanted to implement. They attempted a lot of things, and pulled off most of them. A few didn't pan out. A few they have since fixed which is nice.

Learn a couple tricks, find a few people to race with...and if some minor feature is broken, don't use it...and the game is excellent. For instance you'll learn that AI (while a bit less spastic and more entertaining than other games) think they can lean on you in open-wheelers...so AI with open wheelers is almost impossible.

Landmines are few and far between (we haven't run into any since launch but we're on PC and we don't heavily tune our cars)

The pit-stop set up is pretty poor...one thing they could hugely improve upon, but I normally don't have a problem setting up a proper pit strategy and having them carry it out when I park.

Online is online...like every game you're going to have stupid people, people without mics, non-chatters and suicide squad idiots. Find a series or a handful of drivers to run with and you'll have a good time.

Ignore the nay-sayers. The game is worth the money (particularly since it's 50% often on Steam!).

I should also add I like to drive the LMP cars too and the turbo Capri it's a beast. I'm not a fan of road cars but that's a personal choice.

I'm very glad you like the game, as I do like it to. But your compliments to the game are a bit inexperienced. You run 3 cars, big deal. I've tried most in the game, testing. Just saying your reviews are kind of invalid.

I love PCars...but I've been with it since beta (maybe 3-4 years at this point) and run it on a PC. As a complete package, it's an excellent racing game.

The majority of people who "hate" it have tried it a couple of times and given up because of a random glitch or some minor annoyance. Consoles seem to have more glitches than PC which is completely understandable since early in its development, PCars was intended for PS3/360...and was changed over rather late. They also had no crowd-funding testers for those platforms.

The game to me is a trade-off. During development I was hesitant as they announced more and more features they wanted to implement. They attempted a lot of things, and pulled off most of them. A few didn't pan out. A few they have since fixed which is nice.

Learn a couple tricks, find a few people to race with...and if some minor feature is broken, don't use it...and the game is excellent. For instance you'll learn that AI (while a bit less spastic and more entertaining than other games) think they can lean on you in open-wheelers...so AI with open wheelers is almost impossible.

Landmines are few and far between (we haven't run into any since launch but we're on PC and we don't heavily tune our cars)

The pit-stop set up is pretty poor...one thing they could hugely improve upon, but I normally don't have a problem setting up a proper pit strategy and having them carry it out when I park.

Online is online...like every game you're going to have stupid people, people without mics, non-chatters and suicide squad idiots. Find a series or a handful of drivers to run with and you'll have a good time.

Ignore the nay-sayers. The game is worth the money (particularly since it's 50% often on Steam!).

Your review is as well invalid, seeing your on PC. I'm sure a big difference between console and PC. The game as a whole is garbage. I'm not an expert by no means, but after 10 years of online racing, this game is not the worst, and it is not the best I've used.
And everyone ignore the say-nayers, especially if their not even on the same platform as you.

I'm very glad you like the game, as I do like it to. But your compliments to the game are a bit inexperienced. You run 3 cars, big deal. I've tried most in the game, testing. Just saying your reviews are kind of invalid.

I'm sorry I didn't meet your review criteria I'm approaching 300hrs of play time so surely I'm aloud my opinion, It's not perfect but it is good. I shall continue to enjoy the game.

300 hours with PCars makes your opinion absolutely valid. I only have close to 50 which is still quite a bit. I've never had a land mine but have suffered other glitches and a while back was so upset with the bugs that I didn't touch the game for a few weeks, but when I came back to it I fell in love with the game again. I don't regret buying PCars at all. I'm on PS4.

The game is big fun when it works but sadly that is not the case for console (PS4 ) to many issues .
Freeze , land mines ,crash to the main menu , wheel grinding (T300 ) , AI problems and so on.........
Sorry to say it but that is 99.9 % the truth .
Never the less ...like I said , when it works it is big fun .
If someone would ask me if he should by the game I would say yes , but take the issue also within it's worth it .

Your review is as well invalid, seeing your on PC. I'm sure a big difference between console and PC. The game as a whole is garbage. I'm not an expert by no means, but after 10 years of online racing, this game is not the worst, and it is not the best I've used.
And everyone ignore the say-nayers, especially if their not even on the same platform as you.
Well a whole bunch of us race on Tuesday night,and Friday night. If you race with good drivers,have a good internet connection the game is great. Yes it has some bugs, I've got almost 400 hrs into the game. It's not that bad.

Well a whole bunch of us race on Tuesday night,and Friday night. If you race with good drivers,have a good internet connection the game is great. Yes it has some bugs, I've got almost 400 hrs into the game. It's not that bad.
I've raced with you, Tuesday and Friday. Can you explain why tjger doesn't use weather slots? Well I shouldn't ask since I've only raced a couple times with you guys.
It's almost impossible to find a simulated race online with weather slots. From what I've heard, is it doesn't work properly in reference to pit stops. But people say this game is epic, and all those people use arcade driving assist, which make the game arcade, not a sim.
You're a good bunch of guys on Tuesday and Friday, I like it. But could you tell me out of your 400 hours, how much time do you have with the GT3 cars?

I've raced with you, Tuesday and Friday. Can you explain why tjger doesn't use weather slots? Well I shouldn't ask since I've only raced a couple times with you guys.
It's almost impossible to find a simulated race online with weather slots. From what I've heard, is it doesn't work properly in reference to pit stops. But people say this game is epic, and all those people use arcade driving assist, which make the game arcade, not a sim.
You're a good bunch of guys on Tuesday and Friday, I like it. But could you tell me out of your 400 hours, how much time do you have with the GT3 cars?
You know you could always set up your own league and run it as you feel it should be ran, just sayin' :sly:

You know you could always set up your own league and run it as you feel it should be ran, just sayin' :sly:
Wouldn't be my first time hosting a series event. But It sure takes the fun out of hosting when something normal, just doesn't work properly. Just saying

Hello all, Well its done, So just waiting for the T150 & I can get back in the racing seat. I have project cars I opened yesterday, and its not easy lol. Having a look around PCars forum now and if you feel anything would help me please let me know.

By way im 51 and have a 205GTi as a track toy and slowing down lol
Since you are going to be using a wheel make sure you have a good read of this thread http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

ffb is a bit meh by default and the ffb options are many, varied and a bit daunting! A kindly person, Jack Spade, did lots of testing and leg work for the rest of us. His files were developed for Fanatec CSW hardware and PC but they can be adapted to consoles. Really brings the ffb to life. I'd also say don't listen to anybody's opinion too much. Opinions seem many and varied. Make your own mind up but you will need to put in a good amount of time before you should form an opinion.

My tuppence, it's a phenomenal game. I race weekly on PC, PS4 and Xbone. I have many friends on all three platforms and just didn't want to miss out on any of the leagues that I knew my friends would be racing in. Obviously it's a much better experience on PC but I still have great fun racing on console.

We are running 4 weather slots this Friday I believe at Silverstone. Pits work you have to make multiple pit strategies, 1 for wet,1 for dry and variable ones incase of crashes etc.

We are running 4 weather slots this Friday I believe at Silverstone. Pits work you have to make multiple pit strategies, 1 for wet,1 for dry and variable ones incase of crashes etc.
Thanks, love to hear that, was going to see which Silverstone track now. You guys are respectful and have awesome laughs, which is just as much fun as good clean racing
Not trying to compare guys,just disappointed that some things in this game work awesome and some things have stupid issues.

I disliked the road cars at first, but I have been enlightened. Please try the BMW M1 road car, try it on a small track. I love it and typically only enjoy the fast cars.

There is a fair amount of negativity regarding pCars, especially from console users. But there is nothing like it on the market for PS4/XBone. It is a one-of-a-kind game at right now. If you like racing games on console, I think it is a must have.

I have read through all your posts guys & girls, I am always open minded with anything, nothing is going to be perfect! if it was! it would be a boring world. Nothing is real unless its real. My car is not the perfect ride but its mine & I enjoy every moment & every change I make to it. Cheers again all, I look forward to playing with some of you when I have learnt the game a bit more. The hills are alive with the sound of horse power. :-)

Latest Posts

Back