Finally Going to A-Spec Sarthe 1 - Updates Hourly.

• Thread starter Hyst
  • 46 comments
Sounds like it might be a close finish if the BMW keeps catching up. I never realized that races that long really effected the cars that much. The most miles I ever put on a car was 1341 or 2158 km.

Still going, about 20 minutes short of 22:00h at the moment.

Sounds like it might be a close finish if the BMW keeps catching up. I never realized that races that long really effected the cars that much. The most miles I ever put on a car was 1341 or 2158 km.

It really does make a noticeable difference, and this is with the 30,000c 'Increase Rigidity' installed.

Good luck with the final hours of the race! *prays for the safe finish of the CLK*

I'm praying too. The Merc is being held together with spit and prayers at the moment. BMW about 2 minutes back now.

Wow! Though at this point, my support may seem a bit useless, I hope you win! I couldn't do this 24-hours straight myself mainly because of my parents. They care a lot about me :)

Wow! Though at this point, my support may seem a bit useless, I hope you win! I couldn't do this 24-hours straight myself mainly because of my parents. They care a lot about me :)

Nobody (well perhaps 1 or 2 people have tried :crazy:) has done the full 24hrs in one-sitting. That's what the pause button is for! 👍
Do it in several sessions or an hour-here, hour-there over the course of a week or 2. 💡

:lol: That could be even worse for my parents. My dad hates to leave the computer, TV, lights and such things on if nobody is using them. Which could make him unplug my PS2 :scared:

HOUR 24 - FINAL STANDINGS

Laps: 398
Distance Covered: 5308.8KM
Exact Time: 24:00.000
Fastest Lap so Far: 3'20.078.
Position: 1
Split (final sector I saw): - 0'14.997 (BMW).
3 - Bentley
4 - Pesky
5 - Nissan R390
6 - Corvette

Can't believe it's over. This was a hell of a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Anyone want to suggest my next enduro? I'm thinking Sarthe II in a Jag.. after my PS2's cooled off for a while :sly:.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to say "Congratulations!!!". I bet you did have fun! After all, after 24hs and countless pit stops, it all comes down to strategy.
Other endurances? You should ask Smallhorses, but I have no doubt that he will contact you first :lol:

Thanks very much, man. On second thought, I think I'll take a break from la Sarthe for a while, but the Fuji 1000KM looks pretty apetizing at the moment. Dunno if I should go Panoz or McLaren though.

Well done, and congratulations Hyst!👍

I did both the 24h Le Mans races in the used Mazda 787B, without applying the chassis refresh. 48 hours of violent shaking whenever I went above 250 km/h, and spinning out every other time when applying the brakes made me hate that track with a passion.
So I recommend the Nürburgring 24h, you don't have to worry about the chassis wearing out there. I used the Mazda Ameyia Aspadradrink (or something similar..:sly:) RX-7, for a very comfortable win. The track is so much fun, though the race probably won't be as close as the one you just finished.
Look around the board for suggestions on what car to choose, you'll want it to be reasonably close to help fight the boredom for 24 hours.

If you're looking for a shorter race, then El Capitan is a popular choice. Check out this thread for a large number of possible cars for an entertaining race, look under endurance races: El Capitan in the first post.

This was a hell of a lot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Anyone want to suggest my next enduro? I'm thinking Sarthe II in a Jag.. after my PS2's cooled off for a while :sly:.

Glad you had fun with it! 👍
Keeping the racing fairly tight is always a recipe for entertainment, and unlike the short races, the enduros allow scope for strategy and consistency to take effect :sly:, something you can't possibly use in a 1 lap of Tokyo race! :yuck:

Depends what sort of thing you're in the mood for? Do you want to go right back to another 24hr session in a hugely powerful race car, or do you fancy a super-close, but high A-spec point race in something that isn't going to vibrate your arms off for 2 minutes per lap?

Let us know what sort of challenge you're looking for and I'm sure we'll come up with something.
My initial suggestions would be to warm up to a full-blown assault on the Nurburgring 24hr race by spending some time getting to know the track in absolute detail by running a competetive entry in the Nurburgring 4hr first.

Try running a stock unmodified road car of between 200 - 270HP and search for a good lineup using Digital-Nitrate's data and the Complete AI Pit strategy guide for the 16 Enduro Races that's stickied at the top of this forum.

Congrats man. It was a close finish for being 24 hours long. This has inspiried me to finally do the 24 hour race at the nurburgring and get that F1 car. I'm 13 hours in right now. and a lap up on 2nd.

Hyst
Anyone want to suggest my next enduro? I'm thinking Sarthe II in a Jag..

Maybe... Nurburgring 24h in a BMW M3 GTR Race Car '03?

In a tribute to me. I never made it with that car (when I done it, I done with an Audi A4, and also with a Black 787B wich was too easy)

Back