Finally it Happened

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kayoss
  • 40 comments
  • 4,600 views
Memory card readers, 4 USB ports, PS2 compatibility... stone age? :indiff:
I know, I'm already missing the PS2 compatibility, I had to buy a new PS2 controller, I had to buy a USB hub, hell, I even miss the gloss finish...but at least the slim isn't as loud.
 
I have to nominate this thread as the scariest threat of the week!!! Is this problem happening to all PS3? I have the slim one with the big ass hard drive (320G???)
 
Sorry to hear mate.

I don't get it, I'm usually the guy that has all the bad luck in the world when it comes to technology dying.

My PS3 however (fat boy), is 3 years old now, unventilated and I keep it running a lot without break.
 
Memory card readers, 4 USB ports, PS2 compatibility... stone age? :indiff:

It was more of a joke. :D

I've had a fat die on me fairly quick. Seems like most of the people getting yellow light have fats.
 
I've had my fat PS3 on almost continuously for 2 years with no issues (it has been turned off for maybe 50 hours total). I have Folding@Home running when I am not playing. My PS3 is vertical and I never even hear the fan ramp up. I do make sure to clean dust from the vents every month or so though.
 
ever since my 360 rlod with forza2 2 years ago, i would never leave it on all day to do bspec, nor would i do any endurance races, nor will i play for more than 2-3 hours at a time. it seems these huge racing games really work your system hard.
 
I've had my fat PS3 on almost continuously for 2 years with no issues (it has been turned off for maybe 50 hours total). I have Folding@Home running when I am not playing. My PS3 is vertical and I never even hear the fan ramp up. I do make sure to clean dust from the vents every month or so though.

what do you clean it with? can of air? scared to vacumm as it builds static. maybe a feather static duster will only be a safe amount of static..
 
WOOHOOO!!!!! Awesome Update!!!
I got home last night from work and decided to work on fixing my PS3 so i can backup everything. I used the Heat gun technique and began assembling the Fat PS3 back together. At end I had a few extra screws that I didnt know where it go, but I was able to get the ps3 running again. First thing I did was backup my GT5 save files, and second thing was back everything up into the Cloud.

From now on, im going to just use my Slim for GT5 and other games that will cause me to leave the ps3 on for long period of time. The Fatty 60gb will be for playing blu-ray and PS2 games.
 
Thats awesome news!
 
My 3 year old FAT PS3 had been on for 6 weeks+ 👍 (GO GO FAT PS3) while I was doing Bspec Races with the Red Bull X1 (Not Remote Races). I guess it is just a matter of luck. I hope you can fix yours and that you backed up your save game data!!

However I do have to say that every once in a while and I really mean rarly my screen would momentarly loose the signal and then come back after about 2 seconds. Has anyone else noticed that?
 
Back