Finally, proof

United States
Portland, OR
SileightyCyrus
SileightyCyrus
I always used to float around forums and talk to people about GT drifting, but no one would ever care because I couldn't provide any kind of proof, video or otherwise.

Now I can hopefully be accepted into the GT drifting community, as long as you have GT HD.

As of 3:30 AM, December 25th, 2006....In the drifting boards, I am ranked number one in...

Every car...

Forward and backwards

...and the demo has only been out a few days or so, and only limited amount of people have a PS3, so it will be pretty easy to get up onto the top spot.

I can honestly say when I first got Project Gotham Racing on the Xbox 360 I was first on quite a few leaderboards, but that changed after a while as many others played the game and super-seeded my abilities.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that you're no good, but it's just unfair to base it on this for the reasons mentioned above. Give it some time for me people to play the game, then we can properly see how good you are. :)

You're right, and I've been joking about how my time will end soon, but it was still a pretty good challenge...and well the time trial rankings had me in the thousands, and I'm not terrible at that...so it's probably safe to say there are thousands of people who have done the drift mode. I feel good enough that I beat thousands of people in 20 different challenges to brag about it. Thousands of people who probably only played through it once....but there are those dedicated few that I had to beat more than once.

So to them...ha.

The main thing I forgot to say was that with GT HD, you can view the replays of those who are placed anywhere on the leaderboard, so I can display my replays even if I don't get fancy editing or dramatic music.

More peopel will have done the Time trails for the simple reason that you have to do them first, and secondly because not everyone is as interested in drifting to give it as serious a shot. However, congrats on thoes top spots.

I heard that your GTHD lap time and replay vid get automatically put up on the leaderboard system.... is there anyway to disable this short of pulling the net cable out of your ps3? Does GTHD even run without being connected to the net?

You are probably asking why I would want to do that... well one if I just want to mess about and maybe take a sight seeing tour round the track I dont want it recorded for all to see! Surely you should be able to select your best performances to put forward!

hahahaha I havent even got a PS3 yet and Im asking these things!

I heard that your GTHD lap time and replay vid get automatically put up on the leaderboard system.... is there anyway to disable this short of pulling the net cable out of your ps3? Does GTHD even run without being connected to the net?

You are probably asking why I would want to do that... well one if I just want to mess about and maybe take a sight seeing tour round the track I dont want it recorded for all to see! Surely you should be able to select your best performances to put forward!

only the top five times are posted

I always used to float around forums and talk to people about GT drifting, but no one would ever care because I couldn't provide any kind of proof, video or otherwise.

Now I can hopefully be accepted into the GT drifting community, as long as you have GT HD.

As of 3:30 AM, December 25th, 2006....In the drifting boards, I am ranked number one in...

Every car...

Forward and backwards

haha as a matter of fact I watched your 599 run. Looks very clean. I wish I could get the hang of gt drifting. I have spent soo many hours training myself to keep the car in perfect line that drifting it is soo out of the ordinary, i just cant get the hang of it.

haha as a matter of fact I watched your 599 run. Looks very clean. I wish I could get the hang of gt drifting. I have spent soo many hours training myself to keep the car in perfect line that drifting it is soo out of the ordinary, i just cant get the hang of it.

What's important is vehicle speed. Too fast, and you'll end up off the track and no points. Too slow, and it wont drift right causing all sorts of vehicle control issues. Remember, don't race. Set up each turn for the correct vehicle speed to pull off the drift easily.

It one turn, I was awarded 2,800 drift points for drifting the entire turn (the huge one before the tunnel).

My max high drift score is 8,900 points, but I know I can improve on that. I'm not much of a drifter, so I'm sure guys out there can score much higher than that.

I had no idea there was ranking for drift scores. I have to check that out to see what's possible.

thank you i appreciate that very much. For me, knowing the proper line always helps me drift better. I just worked on being able to control the car sideways and learned to transfer the weight...and finally learned to stay sideways and adhere to the line as much as possible

What's important is vehicle speed. Too fast, and you'll end up off the track and no points. Too slow, and it wont drift right causing all sorts of vehicle control issues. Remember, don't race. Set up each turn for the correct vehicle speed to pull off the drift easily.

It one turn, I was awarded 2,800 drift points for drifting the entire turn (the huge one before the tunnel).

My max high drift score is 8,900 points, but I know I can improve on that. I'm not much of a drifter, so I'm sure guys out there can score much higher than that.

I had no idea there was ranking for drift scores. I have to check that out to see what's possible.

I couldn't agree with you more, the correct balance of speed, angle, throttle and setup is what makes a good drift. Some sweepers can only be drifted with lower throttle and higher gears. You have to balance the amount of push you are getting with the throttle to the amount you are sliding due as well to the throttle.

My best for a single drift was about 3200 but for a single graded area it was 4950, on the reverse track

Haha, like it was said, only top few are posted. It's funny I actually stopped in one of the former top score runs because I forgot to pause while eating, so there was a huge delay after a graded session.

sorry, wasn't aware it mattered so much in these forums.

Edit: Just saw your post AZP, and I hope you give me a challenge.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep doing this, but I logged on again tonight, and I was pretty happy because I only had 9 1st place rankings, so I spend some time on it again and I'm back to having the 1st place ranking in all 20 drift leaderboards.

SileightyCyrus,

Good work on the ranking boards. The game is still new and I haven't played to rank myself much yet, but started tonight and I had a good time at it.

I'm working it through slowly and using the DFP wheel for my drifts. Just want to say keep up the efforts because I like a good challenge and it keeps us getting better to be able to play online and measure our drifts and style.

I started off tonight with the 1995 Suzuki Cappucino reverse course and you are ranked number 2 now... after ME! =)

I think I could have scored higher if my DFP wheel had Force Feedback, I'm still using it regardless because I'm so used to using the wheel. Are your drifts done with a wheel or controller?

all i can say is that i'm surprised that i've made it into the top 10 for any of the drift trials with any of the cars, lol. good work, sileightycyrus with currently dominating the rankings 👍

SileightyCyrus,

Good work on the ranking boards. The game is still new and I haven't played to rank myself much yet, but started tonight and I had a good time at it.

I'm working it through slowly and using the DFP wheel for my drifts. Just want to say keep up the efforts because I like a good challenge and it keeps us getting better to be able to play online and measure our drifts and style.

I started off tonight with the 1995 Suzuki Cappucino reverse course and you are ranked number 2 now... after ME! =)

I think I could have scored higher if my DFP wheel had Force Feedback, I'm still using it regardless because I'm so used to using the wheel. Are your drifts done with a wheel or controller?

DRIFT DOJO FTW!

Haha sounds fun guys...Hopefully I can join in on the fun soon!

Breaker: I believe I've seen your drift videos in the past and was impressed. I'm very happy to say that I see it the same way as you and can't wait to see what kind of challenge you have for me. I use the Sixaxis controller, I've used the normal controller ever since GT3. Edit: I forgot to mention, as of a few hours ago you're number two again:D

Cosil8e: I'm glad you made it to the top ten man, I like seeing the names change on the board...thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

dking: The more the merrier buddy!

SileightyCyrus: Hey, thanks man and good work. I like the competition. I will give it a shot later today to get 1st place back. :)

Breaker: I believe I've seen your drift videos in the past and was impressed. I'm very happy to say that I see it the same way as you and can't wait to see what kind of challenge you have for me. I use the Sixaxis controller, I've used the normal controller ever since GT3. Edit: I forgot to mention, as of a few hours ago you're number two again:D

Cosil8e: I'm glad you made it to the top ten man, I like seeing the names change on the board...thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it.

dking: The more the merrier buddy!

Number two? already? ha ha. Just kidding. Good stuff. I see some corners I could have done better and will be back on later tonight to improve my ranking score. I haven't checked the rankings yet, but I figured you'd give me some competition. =)

I'm sorta embarassed for sharing my drifts being posted online for GTHD because without Force Feedback on the wheel... I think it's a bad representation of my drifts because the course is awesome and would be so much better with Force Feedback. ARGH!

Edited: Sil you are back to number two. :)

well not anymore Breaker;)

however, it seems that the glitch from the time trials has somehow transcended into the drift trials. there are two guys ahead of me in the EVO IX board. The first place guy has 4x00 points, the second place guy has 1x00 points...and i'm in third with a lowly 13xxx points.

what gives?

EDIT: RedLine I hope you're as good as Breaker:D

SileightyCyrus... my friends are over and playing my PS3 right now. I have guest over so I can't get back on yet, but I will get back on later today. I haven't played much of the EVO IX yet. Last time I tried it, that car is pretty sweet to drift. I am moving through the cars progressively by their HP ... the slower ones first and will see you in the rankings for the remaining cars as I get to them.

Definately good work on ranking all of them so quickly!

SileightyCyrus... my friends are over and playing my PS3 right now. I have guest over so I can't get back on yet, but I will get back on later today. I haven't played much of the EVO IX yet. Last time I tried it, that car is pretty sweet to drift. I am moving through the cars progressively by their HP ... the slower ones first and will see you in the rankings for the remaining cars as I get to them.

Definately good work on ranking all of them so quickly!

thanks a lot man...and i like your approach, that's exactly what i did as well...but what i was talking about is a glitch in the drift trial boards:/

the first place person has 4xxx points, and the second place only has a bit over 1000....and i'm in third with 13,xxx. sad.

sorry, wasn't aware it mattered so much in these forums.

Edit: Just saw your post AZP, and I hope you give me a challenge.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep doing this, but I logged on again tonight, and I was pretty happy because I only had 9 1st place rankings, so I spend some time on it again and I'm back to having the 1st place ranking in all 20 drift leaderboards.

Nice drift videos, SileightyCyrus. You must have a lot of time on your hands because I played for three hours yesterday and the highest rank I got was 3rd place.

Nice drift videos, SileightyCyrus. You must have a lot of time on your hands because I played for three hours yesterday and the highest rank I got was 3rd place.

thanks a lot man. i have a rule not to leave my playstation on for more than 2 and a half hours or so because im constantly afraid of overheating. my cars always overheat and it's way too hot in my room so i just limit my playtime.

that's usually all it takes.

Sleighty i give you props, you dominate the boards and you seem to be a classy guy. Most people on video game leaderboards are glitchers.

The only drift ive really worked on is the Celica and Ferrari. I was 5 in celica and 9 in Ferrari until the glitching. It looks like they reset the boards this morning, and i did a quick run with the Celica on reverse and grabbed 2nd place with 12,000 but its still 2000 back of yours. My online handle is ChiSox219

Oh earlier you said you best on a scored section was 4 something, in my #2 run i had a 5000 even, although i dont know how cuz i nailed the wall in the tunnel and somehow got away with it. Just wondering if youve gotten higher than that yet?

Sleighty i give you props, you dominate the boards and you seem to be a classy guy. Most people on video game leaderboards are glitchers.

The only drift ive really worked on is the Celica and Ferrari. I was 5 in celica and 9 in Ferrari until the glitching. It looks like they reset the boards this morning, and i did a quick run with the Celica on reverse and grabbed 2nd place with 12,000 but its still 2000 back of yours. My online handle is ChiSox219

Oh earlier you said you best on a scored section was 4 something, in my #2 run i had a 5000 even, although i dont know how cuz i nailed the wall in the tunnel and somehow got away with it. Just wondering if youve gotten higher than that yet?

Hey thanks a lot man, I try to do everything I do as well as I can:tup:

Don't you just love the Ferrari? It's about time we finally got one of those to play with. Did you notice by any chance that the leaderboards started taking speed over points? I had to beat everyone all over again, I wasn't even on the boards yesterday.:/

My best for a single corner I believe is now 3200, and my best for a single scored section containing more than one turn is 55xx.

Back