Finally, proof

Sleighty just to let you know i (ChiSox219) knocked you off the the G35 reverse, although i had to use the E-Brake extensively, whatever it takes to be number 1 right?

Look forward to seeing you back on top by tomorrow, and ill be right back trying to knock you down

well at least im in the top ten of the most popular race

DSC03535Large.jpg

Sleighty just to let you know i (ChiSox219) knocked you off the the G35 reverse, although i had to use the E-Brake extensively, whatever it takes to be number 1 right?

Look forward to seeing you back on top by tomorrow, and ill be right back trying to knock you down

I'm glad it was someone I like, but I just got on and scored all my first places back:)

Good job Jax, a time trial top ten is definitely something to be happy about.
come knock me off again!

I'm glad it was someone I like, but I just got on and scored all my first places back:)

Good job Jax, a time trial top ten is definitely something to be happy about.
come knock me off again!

Hey i've noticed you on the leaderboards. Great job drifting, i've watched some of your vids, and actually learned how to approach a corner better. I think i'm ranked 6th in the forward drift with the Celica. But there isn't a lot of point difference between 6 amd 3rd. My gamertag is Gottcha. Keep up the nice drifts by the way.

Hey i've noticed you on the leaderboards. Great job drifting, i've watched some of your vids, and actually learned how to approach a corner better. I think i'm ranked 6th in the forward drift with the Celica. But there isn't a lot of point difference between 6 amd 3rd. My gamertag is Gottcha. Keep up the nice drifts by the way.

That's one of the best things I've ever heard...that you actually learned from watching my vid. I'm actually honored. Thanks for watching, and the kind words, and keep it up. It would be awesome if you used what you learned from me to beat me.

That's one of the best things I've ever heard...that you actually learned from watching my vid. I'm actually honored. Thanks for watching, and the kind words, and keep it up. It would be awesome if you used what you learned from me to beat me.

Hey no problem man. I'm starting to get a little better, but all it takes is practice. Any tips for drifting with rear wheel drive cars? With N1 tires, I find it way to hard to control after I get sideways. Should I use N2 or N3 front tires or what? Maybe it just takes a little more practice with the rear wheel drive cars, but I found it easiest to drift with 4WD.

Hey no problem man. I'm starting to get a little better, but all it takes is practice. Any tips for drifting with rear wheel drive cars? With N1 tires, I find it way to hard to control after I get sideways. Should I use N2 or N3 front tires or what? Maybe it just takes a little more practice with the rear wheel drive cars, but I found it easiest to drift with 4WD.

RWD setups are definitely hard with slippery tires, but if you stick with it, everything else will seem easy. In this game there are two setups for RWD cars, Mid Engine and Front Engine. The Mazda and Ferrari are both Front engine, which is the optimal setup for drifting. The Cappuccino and Elise are Mid engine, making it harder to hold a drift, especially if you don't know what you're doing. When driving a mid engine car just remember that you have the majority of the weight in the back, and use it to your advantage.

im not that good at drifting yet but im in the top 50 spot probably not worth mentioning yet but i am gunning for you all top ten people and i hope to have some fun with you all. congrats btw sileighty on having a lot of number 1 spots.... hope you will be after me next time :)

im not that good at drifting yet but im in the top 50 spot probably not worth mentioning yet but i am gunning for you all top ten people and i hope to have some fun with you all. congrats btw sileighty on having a lot of number 1 spots.... hope you will be after me next time :)

thanks man, i'm waiting to battle ya.

I've just spent the last 3 days battling back and forth with a friend in the Skyline in drift trial. The problem is we don't have internet other then dial up for the comp so we cant upload our scores.

Right now our high score (mine) is 11506

Not sure how that scores at the moment. Is there anyway for me to upload my score later?

So, I'm starting to learn how to drift, and right now I've been using R3 tires in the front with R1 tires in the back, just to get me "used" to keeping control. It's not as hard as I thought, but definately not easy either...kinda makes me nervous to move down to the N tires :(

Yo sup guys I am finally up and running it seems like i am getting used to having no ffb on my dfp and hope to battle you sil! as of now I am Rank #1 in the cap with 11227 3rd in the miata with 10710 2nd in the g35 with 12134 2nd in the elise with 10460 and 2nd in the ferrari with 11607pnts.

Having rankings is definatly adds to the gameplay hope to battle everyone on the boards!

Btw my sn is Rl9010

same as on xlink kai....try that out for gt4 online!

RWD setups are definitely hard with slippery tires, but if you stick with it, everything else will seem easy. In this game there are two setups for RWD cars, Mid Engine and Front Engine. The Mazda and Ferrari are both Front engine, which is the optimal setup for drifting. The Cappuccino and Elise are Mid engine, making it harder to hold a drift, especially if you don't know what you're doing. When driving a mid engine car just remember that you have the majority of the weight in the back, and use it to your advantage.

I have to point this out to you - the Cappuccino is definitely not mid engined...
There is absolutely nothing behind the seats apart from a tiny boot which only just fits the roof in (you have to have a spacesaver spare to fit the roof in!)
The tiny engine is shoehorned in the front.

On topic... Congratulations on the top 20 for each drift... I read a topic on here saying you need to upgrade to 1.1 to be at the top of the board due to a bug fix preferring version of software or something!

Cheers,

C.

I have to point this out to you - the Cappuccino is definitely not mid engined...
There is absolutely nothing behind the seats apart from a tiny boot which only just fits the roof in (you have to have a spacesaver spare to fit the roof in!)
The tiny engine is shoehorned in the front.

On topic... Congratulations on the top 20 for each drift... I read a topic on here saying you need to upgrade to 1.1 to be at the top of the board due to a bug fix preferring version of software or something!

Cheers,

C.

You're 100% right...but is the AZ-1 mid engine? I'm not sure why I assumed it was....but I used to get all the Kei cars mixed up.

Thank you very much, I did download 1.1 and yes you have to have that in order to have your times/scores posted in the correct place.

You're 100% right...but is the AZ-1 mid engine? I'm not sure why I assumed it was....but I used to get all the Kei cars mixed up.

Thank you very much, I did download 1.1 and yes you have to have that in order to have your times/scores posted in the correct place.

the az-1 made by mazda is mr...see u on the boards!

you know, i got gt hd and ps3 about a week ago and had a shot at the whole drifting thing. i just looked at all the drifting scores today and when i saw that almost all of them were from one person, i had to check these forums. sure enough, it was someone from here.
great job man. that course is tough to drift.

you know, i got gt hd and ps3 about a week ago and had a shot at the whole drifting thing. i just looked at all the drifting scores today and when i saw that almost all of them were from one person, i had to check these forums. sure enough, it was someone from here.
great job man. that course is tough to drift.

thanks a lot man.

the course is pretty weird, but i love it, it has almost every kind of corner you would want including elevation changes with tight switchbacks. i really think they made a great choice.

SileightyCyrus... hey man just wanted to let you know you're crazy man!!... Maybe you should try out for Formula D?... well, on the 18th @3am, I was getting frustrated because I could not get a ranking to get close to the top 10... for the life of me I could not break the 11000 mark, but watching your replay inspired me to take the corners more head on and then I got an 11073 and ranked #10... Seems though tonight the scores have reset yet again and I'm at #7 back in the 10000's... Well keep it up and hopefully soon I can challenge you!!

thanks a lot man.

the course is pretty weird, but i love it, it has almost every kind of corner you would want including elevation changes with tight switchbacks. i really think they made a great choice.

just imagine what the long course is goin to be like....cause we are driving the "short course" in gthd

?? they're planning a longer course?

>.< id wish they would put up some more pictures of what they are working on. its a long wait till 08

SileightyCyrus... hey man just wanted to let you know you're crazy man!!... Maybe you should try out for Formula D?... well, on the 18th @3am, I was getting frustrated because I could not get a ranking to get close to the top 10... for the life of me I could not break the 11000 mark, but watching your replay inspired me to take the corners more head on and then I got an 11073 and ranked #10... Seems though tonight the scores have reset yet again and I'm at #7 back in the 10000's... Well keep it up and hopefully soon I can challenge you!!

Thank you very much man, it's awesome that you were able to improve just by watching my replay. It shows a lot about you too, being able to adapt and learn from a simple video.

When I get my car in perfect form, if I can translate everything I know about drifting into real life drifting...then I will most definitely try out for Formula D at least;)

?? they're planning a longer course?

>.< id wish they would put up some more pictures of what they are working on. its a long wait till 08

I think they are...I mean there are barriers on corner #1 straight forwards...and u see the other barrier coming around the right hand sweeper...my guess is that there is a longer course planned. Also I thought that i read short course somewhere...but I could be mistaken.

I JUST WISH FFB would be fixed! DFP drifting with no ff gets boreing fast....BTw round are u on controller or dfp?

Back