Finally Some Controller Settings That Work!

• Thread starter teth75
  • 10 comments

Did these settings help anyone else?

• Yes, I'll use those or adapt my own from them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll stick to my original settings

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
Teth75

If you find the car too sluggish you can tweak the "Controller Dampening" lower.

I can drive a lot smoother with these settings and can even turn gently into long corners. Throttle is easy to feel half way and brakes take good effect with downshifts before locking.

Maybe it will help anyone else who struggled so I thought I'd share.

Made by playing less hit and miss

I agree with @Bloodytears, as a start, it's not completely bad. In fact, if you can steer in PC2, settings doesn't matter too much. So you need to invest some time into it and then you will see what you need. This settings could be good for creating some muscle memory. For actual playing we can help you later.

Speed sensitivity is usually OK from 50 to 70. It depends on the car too.

edit:
And Bloodytears uses high sensitivity with high speed sensitivity which is very interesting combination too. I use something like 50 normal and 60 for speed.

Last edited:
Ah yeah the car won't turn enough at high speed so I've set it lower. What do you recommend for Speed Steering? @Bloodytears
75 is the "Goldilocks" setting for countersteer and oversteer control. Otherwise you may end up with too much (<75) or too little (>75) opposite lock.

It is somewhat sensitive otherwise, much more in some cars than in others, but for full control including oversteer there's no other choice, IMHO. In some cars it works just great, as if playing a whole different game compared to the worst bad apples in the car list.

75 is the "Goldilocks" setting for countersteer and oversteer control. Otherwise you may end up with too much (<75) or too little (>75) opposite lock.

It is somewhat sensitive otherwise, much more in some cars than in others, but for full control including oversteer there's no other choice, IMHO. In some cars it works just great, as if playing a whole different game compared to the worst bad apples in the car list.

Was just trying 75 lol. Cheers

I'm too backtracked to 75. The main thing that Speed Sensitivity locks you out from is chassis settings, most of cars could be tunned to counter high turning in. Just focus on stiffer front, and more gentle rear for dampers, springs and anti-roll bars. Plus you can always rise Steering ratio, for controller numbers around 18 are good, just start from it and change after some testing if you feel it is too much or not enough.

Just in case, don't forget, everything works as intended only on warm tires, and right pressure on it.

Steering ratio actually works the opposite for the controller as there is less wheel turning ability within the stick movement.

Just because you lower the ratio doesn't mean you hit full lock at half stick movement.

Low settings is equal to 240° within the left/right stick movement (less sensitive)
High settings is equal to 1080° within the left/right stick movement (more sensitive)

(I know it's not them exact degrees but it's the best way I could describe it as an example)

So a higher setting will compress a lot more turning ability into the movement of the stick which is restricted & hasn't got the same freedom as a wheel.

Last edited:
Not opposite, you probably mean with the range of a stick. Steering ratio obviously measure of turning ability more than of a lock range. It can help smooth general response, to lazy or twitch.
I'm still can't understand how it works in all with suspension though, the same as camber angle difference hardly noticeable, but assuming chassis, speed sensitivity in to play, this may vary from settings and tunning.

Also I don't understand why some cars, like 961, have very limited range. For example 961 have a maximum at 17:0:0.

Last edited:
Back