Finally

• Thread starter ImaRobot
  • 36 comments
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Lma_robot
lImaRobotl
So starting about a week ago, I've been shopping around and what not, looking for the best deal I can get for an Xbox One and Forza. I came to the conclusion that cheapest would be purchasing the Kinect-less console, and a copy of Forza 5, and that would come in just under $505~. I would have to wait till Monday, and stop by Kmart or something after work, on my way home. Not a problem, although Monday is a while away. I settled, and that was that.

Come today, I was browsing around, still trying to find the best deal on a copy of Forza 5. I went to gamestop.com and I remembered that I had some games I can trade in. I also have my console, but it has the "Open Tray" error, so I didnt even both trying to sell it. while Browsing I noticed that they accept defective consoles so I instantly jumped on my phone and gave them a call. Turns out that if I trade it in towards an Xbox one I'll get about 60-80 in store credit. I decided I'm going to get it with the Kinect and the tax would throw me somewhere around $540-550, subtract the credit I'm going to get, and it'll actually turn out cheaper then buying the kinect-less Xbox One + Forza. Awesome thing is, Forza 5 comes free with the purchase of an Xbox one with a kinect.

Long story short, see you guys tomorrow :P

Congrats. The defective trade in bonus worked out really well for you. That's actually one of the very few smart promotions Gamestop has. Will be interesting to hear your feedback on the X1 and on F5.

@ImaRobot Does that mean our Diablo 3 days are done on the 360?

Last edited:
Hmm now you have me thinking about trading my stuff in... I had planned on selling all my 360 stuff on Craigslist for around $150. But this sounds much easier.

Congrats. The defective trade in bonus worked out really well for you. That's actually one of the very few smart promotions Gamestop has. Will be interesting to hear your feedback on the X1 and on F5.

@ImaRobot Does that mean our Diablo 3 days are done on the 360?
It did, I wasnt even considering it because I figured I wouldnt get crap for it, but good thing I saw what I did.

As for Diablo 3, unfortunately that is correct. My Xbox was at the end of its days pretty much. It was getting increasingly harder to get it to actually even read the discs. Ive been running off Games for Gold, but that got stale pretty fast. I didnt want to purchase any new games either because I was already looking forward to an Xbox One for a while now.

Look forward to seeing your fm5 photos :cheers:
Thanks Stoney :) Its actually the thing I'm looking forward to get my hands on most.

Hmm now you have me thinking about trading my stuff in... I had planned on selling all my 360 stuff on Craigslist for around $150. But this sounds much easier.
I would say sell it on craigslist, I'm just using gamestop because I know I'm not going to get much, so its not that much of a loss for me. However, it is definitely easier.

You could always call and get a quote from Gamestop to see what you would get out of all your 360 stuff. If they give you a decent deal close to, lets say $125, then I would say go for it. You never know how long or how many people you will have to physically deal with on Craigslist before you sell your 360. Also most people want to see a an electronic product work before they buy it which means inviting numerous strangers into your house.

Congrats man....Ill be looking forward to see you in Rivals......although since Watchdogs been out I haveing been on.....if I dont have you already on my list send me a friend request (KATPEELER)....oh and get ready for about an hour of updats...=)

Yeah, we all are waiting for you to jump in and get some shots up dude. :)
Ill get something up as soon as I get home most likely :lol:

Congrats man....Ill be looking forward to see you in Rivals......although since Watchdogs been out I haveing been on.....if I dont have you already on my list send me a friend request (KATPEELER)....oh and get ready for about an hour of updats...=)
I used to have you on my list but I had created a new name recently. Ill shot you a request tomorrow when I get it all set up :)

Also, an hour? My dl speed is 20mb, is that still going to take that long? Haha

What I'm doing is still resulting in a cheaper or similar price to that sale anyways. So Its all good, thanks for the heads up though 👍

Im running 50mbs and yeah it takes a little bit to get it going....When you install the game I would recomend just letting it install completely before you play...It gives you the option to play....It will take a little bit to get it all set up..(hour)

Im running 50mbs and yeah it takes a little bit to get it going....When you install the game I would recomend just letting it install completely before you play...It gives you the option to play....It will take a little bit to get it all set up..(hour)
Well thats going to be a long hour haha. Im going to be anxious.

What I'm doing is still resulting in a cheaper or similar price to that sale anyways. So Its all good, thanks for the heads up though 👍
Out of curiosity since I should be getting a One and FM5 within a few weeks how are you doing it?

Out of curiosity since I should be getting a One and FM5 within a few weeks how are you doing it?
Trading in my old console and paying the balance in cash. The clerk had told me that Fm5 came free with it( the version with the kinect only), so I hope hes right.

If he is wrong and you are really patient Walmart has the download version for $2

If he is wrong and you are really patient Walmart has the download version for $2
I checked that already, none local have it and the online is sold out. :/

Last edited:
I checked that arleady, none local have it and the online is sold out. :/
Ah damn just checked around me and same here 🤬 should have picked it up last night just in case. They don't even have either of the bundles with forza anymore. Well hope GS was right for you sake. :lol:

Ah damn just checked around me and same here 🤬 should have picked it up last night just in case. They don't even have either of the bundles with forza anymore. Well hope GS was right for you sake. :lol:
Just called two local gamestops to confirm that Forza 5 comes free with purchase. It is a digital copy, however

Boooo oh well free is free right? :lol:
Haha, yeah.. cant complain. I just hope that it is printed out on the receipt, or any other way for me to get it instantly, instead of waiting a couple of days for it.

Haha, yeah.. cant complain. I just hope that it is printed out on the receipt, or any other way for me to get it instantly, instead of waiting a couple of days for it.

I'm sure that any digital purchases at Gamestop are printed out on the reciept at the store. I bought Guild Wars 2 digitally at the store and that's how I received mine.

I'm sure that any digital purchases at Gamestop are printed out on the reciept at the store. I bought Guild Wars 2 digitally at the store and that's how I received mine.
Technically thats not a purchase though. Its complimentary, I guess you can say. I'm sure they have some sort of system, and I figured it would be printed out on the receipt, I just wish someone can confirm. I dont want to have an Xbox One with no game.. My poor little heart would be crushed.

image.jpg

:D

Latest Posts

Back