Finished 2nd, placed 9th in final standing?

• Thread starter DGXR
  • 7 comments
United States
United States
DGXR
DGXR1
First, please redirect me to a duplicate thread if one already exists.
Yesterday I did the sport mode 10-lap race at Monza. I did lightly bump into a few other cars unintentionally, a certain amount of rubbing is considered fair racing, and none of the contact was serious. And I did get one 0.5-second shortcut penalty. These two items are literally the only possible reasons (that I can see) why the system could possibly have for downgrading me: I crossed the finish line in 2nd place, and after the "results confirmed," I was gradually downgraded over, and over, and over... eventually placed in 9th. WTH?!?!?! There were 18 cars in the field, and his is the best result I've had in weeks. It feels like the system totally ripped me off.
If anyone can please explain the reason behind this major downgrade in the final standings, I would love to hear it.
On a related note, I want to convert my saved replay into a computer-friendly video file (possibly another thread redirect), help with that would be great too.
Thanks.

Race C often has a mandatory tyre. This week you have to use both the hard and the medium. It explains this in the race info page.

The usual mandatory tyre penalty aside:
I want to convert my saved replay into a computer-friendly video file (possibly another thread redirect), help with that would be great too.
This can't be done outside GT Sport. The save file is a data file which GT Sport uses to build the replay from, not a video file.

However you can watch the replay back and use the PS4's inbuilt video recording functions to save it as a video file.

Race C often has a mandatory tyre. This week you have to use both the hard and the medium. It explains this in the race info page.
Well I think that's awful because the only way I can place well is to run all 10 laps on RH tires! LOL!

This subject really needs a sticky at the top of the page. "Why did I get a post race 20s penalty?" or something.
I guess 20s is the penalty for not complying with the tire-swap requirement during the race? You're probably right and I'm sorry, I guess.

The usual mandatory tyre penalty aside:
This can't be done outside GT Sport. The save file is a data file which GT Sport uses to build the replay from, not a video file.
However you can watch the replay back and use the PS4's inbuilt video recording functions to save it as a video file.
Excellent, thank you Famine.

I guess 20s is the penalty for not complying with the tire-swap requirement during the race? You're probably right and I'm sorry, I guess.

No apology needed. The fact the question gets asked so much proves the game doesn't make the information clear. But it does get asked here VERY frequently :lol:

I must admit, I am guilty of not reading all the information available on the pre-race screens.
I look forward to seeing how I place with RM tires in the mix :D

Back