Finished GT PAL in 2 days: Opinion inside

• Thread starter Quattro
  • 35 comments
Hi all,

I purchased GT 4 Prologue wednesday and now, after about 3-5 hours of playing I've done all the tests and have gold on all of them. -> So all the cars:)

Opinion:
+

-Handling has improved nicely: Braking is better, dynamics of the car are more realistic
- Sound of the cars is better, but always room for improvement , M5 sounds pretty cool though;).
- Lessons were pretty cool, very fun lessons for me were the S2000 conetraject and the Prius economyrun
- Very nice bonusDVD with great footage
- Graphics on cars and environment has improved a bit, (Grand Canyon looks very very nice though)

-

-It is very short, Not that much value for money... very expensive teaser!
- Why no 2-player mode!?!:banghead:
- I hoped PD had changed the CVT gearbox on cars like the Honda Jazz( GTC),..But nooooo, You can only accelerate under full power at 6000RPM!? THat's not how a CVT works PD!:odd:
- Oponents are way to weak, maybe good for beginners but....

Just my opinion:)

Greetings,

Quattro

If you want to greatly extend your GT4 Prologue Lifespan, just go to http://db.granturismo.de ... It has a database for the lessons, the coffee breaks, and any combo of car/track/tire possible in arcade mode. That's 745 possible times to enter ... :D

...there is a different replay fro ny city!!!
sound of the tyres on the ground sounds better.
damn the little black stripees for the pal mode

I am singularly unimpressed.

The handling of the cars is Scalextric-like. I used a Honda Integra Type-R on New York, on Normal tyres with no assists. Could I get it to understeer? Could I buggery!

However, I believe this is down to the controller - I use a DS2. I think that, in striving for an accurate handling model, they've inadvertently ruined the accessibility.

Originally posted by Famine
I am singularly unimpressed.

The handling of the cars is Scalextric-like. I used a Honda Integra Type-R on New York, on Normal tyres with no assists. Could I get it to understeer? Could I buggery!

However, I believe this is down to the controller - I use a DS2. I think that, in striving for an accurate handling model, they've inadvertently ruined the accessibility.

Never played a racesim, or driven a car fast haven't you?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Quattro
Hi all,

I purchased GT 4 Prologue wednesday and now, after about 3-5 hours of playing I've done all the tests and have gold on all of them. -> So all the cars:)

Opinion:
+

-Handling has improved nicely: Braking is better, dynamics of the car are more realistic
- Sound of the cars is better, but always room for improvement , M5 sounds pretty cool though;).
- Lessons were pretty cool, very fun lessons for me were the S2000 conetraject and the Prius economyrun
- Very nice bonusDVD with great footage
- Graphics on cars and environment has improved a bit, (Grand Canyon looks very very nice though)

-

-It is very short, Not that much value for money... very expensive teaser!
- Why no 2-player mode!?!:banghead:
- I hoped PD had changed the CVT gearbox on cars like the Honda Jazz( GTC),..But nooooo, You can only accelerate under full power at 6000RPM!? THat's not how a CVT works PD!:odd:
- Oponents are way to weak, maybe good for beginners but....

Just my opinion:)

Greetings,

Quattro

The thing is.. its a demo.

btw.. i played a demo in the arcades the other day!.

It was called Daytona and was made by Sega.
It featured one car, and 3-4tracks.

costly to pay $2 for everytime i wanted to play the demo, but it was fun.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by AndreasN
btw.. i played a demo in the arcades the other day!.

It was called Daytona and was made by Sega.
It featured one car, and 3-4tracks.

costly to pay $2 for everytime i wanted to play the demo, but it was fun.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by usernamed
The thing is.. its a demo.

Originally posted by PjotrStroganov
Never played a racesim, or driven a car fast haven't you?:rolleyes:

And who are you again? Ah yes - you're the person who qualified five places behind me in the GTP Weekly Race Series qualifier.

So do you have a point to make, or are you just wanting to puff yourself up and look big and bad? Please, make a valid counter-criticism, if you have one.

And who are you again? Ah yes - you're the person who qualified five places behind me in the GTP Weekly Race Series qualifier.

So do you have a point to make, or are you just wanting to puff yourself up and look big and bad? Please, make a valid counter-criticism, if you have one.

And? Nice that you have been watching me this week. That really gives you an image of who I am. I'm just pointing out that(in a sarcastic way) that real cars tend to understeer. It's not that I'm attacking you or something. Just try a racesim like GTR or Live for Speed and you will see.

And when it comes to the weekly race qualifier: I've set my time just to enter the weekly races. I would have been just as glad to be a 3rd division racer. You don't even know how hard I tried anyway. Well let me tell you, not as hard as I could.....

I wasn't complaining about understeer. I was saying that there was NO understeer - all the cars handle like they're on rails compared to GT3. Do keep up.

Could I get it to understeer? Could I buggery!

Ah, the old "Well, I didn't try"...

something many ppl do in real life with their cars is
abuse understeer.. which means they force the car to something
which it cant do, and it understeers.

in the making of video, they tell you that a fast driver works
with the car, not wrestling it.

something else is with my kart, i just steer, and it turns :)

I wasn't complaining about understeer. I was saying that there was NO understeer - all the cars handle like they're on rails compared to GT3. Do keep up.

Ah, the old "Well, I didn't try"...

Excuse me, I didn't understand buggery. I'm Dutch you know:D

Oh sweet Jesus... Okay, one liners for you all.

Famine no like handling model in GT4P.
Famine say cars turn too good.
Famine say high-powered FF on lame tyres should understeer, but doesn't.
Famine believe Wheel may solve problems.
Famine believe PD have striven too far for handling perfection and ballsed up DS2 support.

Famine NOT say cars understeer too much.

Pjotr - Granted, but you don't have to be so offensive about it. For reference, I've been driving "real" cars for a decade, and my own have always been FF. I KNOW what real cars do.

Originally posted by PjotrStroganov
Excuse me, I didn't understand buggery. I'm Dutch you know:D
I thought the Dutch were experts in that.....

:P

Famine believe PD have striven too far for handling perfection and ballsed up DS2 support.

Pjotr - Granted, but you don't have to be so offensive about it. For reference, I've been driving "real" cars for a decade, and my own have always been FF. I KNOW what real cars do.

Dutch, but not stupid you know...:odd: ;)

Sure I know more languages than you:lol:

Don't count on it.

The bottom part of the post was for you - hence your name being printed next to it. The top part was for anyone else - like AndreasN - who thought the same thing you did: that I was complaining about understeer, and not the total lack of it.

I was aware of the understeer compaints before I got the game - and I'd figured that if they were making the game more realistic, understeer would be a natural result. So I deliberately picked the FF car from the garage and drove it around New York - a track full of right-angle corners - just to see what the understeer was like.

There was no understeer at all - the 'Teg just turned and turned all day. I did get some understeer from the Spoon Civic in one of the lessons, but not much.

I still believe that the game has become more realistic and thus less accessible to DS2-users. I will be buying a wheel soon, just to see... :D

Famine mix normal tires up with road tires.
Arwin say normal tires more like race tires.
Famine try road tires and report back. :lol:

:D

Famine not try road tyres.
Famine think road tyres are "sim" tyres by another name.
Famine not like "sim" tyres.
Famine think comparing like with like is good - cars in GT3 with normal tyres understeer more than cars in GT4P.
Famine think cars on race tyres are bloody ridiculous too.

Boone think this thread very funny :)

im inclined to believe famine on this issue. no i have not played prologue yet, but i spend a bit of time reading threads around here, and i think famine knows his ****.

:D

Famine not try road tyres.
Famine think road tyres are "sim" tyres by another name.
Famine not like "sim" tyres.
Famine think comparing like with like is good - cars in GT3 with normal tyres understeer more than cars in GT4P.
Famine think cars on race tyres are bloody ridiculous too.

Arwin disagrees (respectfully :D)
Sports tyres in Prologue are sports tyres in GT3
Street tyres are 'stock' tyres in GT3
Normal tyres are Arcade tyres in GT3

Prologue more realistic make 'stock' seem 'sim' :D

daan wonders why everyone is talking funny
daan thinks famine should buy a DFP
daan thought DFP wasn't all that good when he got it, but now that's GT4:P is out, he thinks it's excellent.

Famine agree with Pjotr agreeing with him.
Famine buying DFP as we speak (I sold a car. I've got to spend it somehow... :D).

Back