Firehuntah's Custom Liveries

• Thread starter Firehuntah
  • 59 comments

Firehuntah

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Firehuntah
Welcome to my thread. This is where I'll be showing all of the liveries I'll be making in GT Sport. :)

Lets start off by showing the 2 liveries I made in the open beta.

Uop0dyK.jpg

Pb03vtN.jpg

I really like the Hankook livery I did on the Jaguar, it was my first livery and turned out really good. :) The Red Bull livery however will be recreated soon, it was on the last day of the open beta so I couldn't spend any time on creating the real bull. It might be on a different car this time though.

But now for the full game of GT Sport, here's my first official livery. It's the BMW M4 Safety Car. Or well.. what used to be a safety car. It's now a Dutch police car. ;) Spend a whole day on this to make all of the little details accurate.

sFm39MG.jpg

7ZuhC5y.jpg

g0DaVeH.jpg

A 360 view of it in the editor.

And here it is driving through some of the scapes. It's too bad we can't change the color of the lights, so yellow is all we get to see. :P I've seen that the Nissan GT-R Safety Car has blue lights though.. That might be my next project. :D

I think I'll be creating many liveries in this game, really love the editor so far. Can't even imagine the possibilities when we can import own decals. So yeah.. more to come soon. :)

That police car is unbelievable accurate!! 👍

I am just stunned what is possible with the livery option in the hands of talent people.:)

I wouldn't say I'm talented, I had to spend a whole day to make this. :P All you need is some patience and dedication really. ;) But yeah, this livery editor is really great. Even without the importing you can make anything you want really. The only thing importing will take care of is having to use less layers and needing less time to achieve the same result. :)

And thanks all, nice to see that others are liking it too. Already got many positive comments in dutch online lobbies as well. :D It's just a shame that M4 is really hard to drive without the back end just stepping out. Couldn't really fix it with a different setup either but I'm by no means a good tuner so yeah.. :P I think the GT-R might be more fun since it also has the blue lights. But I might wait for the import tool to start on that livery.

I miss more variety of fonts in this current edition of the editor though.

That's true but you can come a long way by skewing/stretching the current font or adding some layers on top to make it look like a slightly different font. :) That does add up to the layer count quickly though but it is possible. :P But I can't wait for the import tool either though, it definately makes creating things a lot easier. I don't get why there's only 1 font to begin with anyway and we can only do 1 letter at a time. Hope they'll add some updates to the editor along the way.

Totally epic cop car you made. I'm from the Netherlands too and like Sjaak said, it's soo accurate ! How many layers did you used for the small Politie-Logo ? :D

Thank you, both of you. :)

How many layers did you used for the small Politie-Logo ? :D

The logo right above the O is 15 layers on each side. :P That was the hardest part of the livery. What was even more fun was copying all those layers to the other side, flipping them and placing them in the right spot again. Took quite some time.

Which tags did you use? Would love to use it. :D

I haven't shared this livery yet. Was going to but not sure if I will anymore because of something that happened today with some other Dutch person in game.

Thank you, both of you. :)

The logo right above the O is 15 layers on each side. :P That was the hardest part of the livery. What was even more fun was copying all those layers to the other side, flipping them and placing them in the right spot again. Took quite some time.

I haven't shared this livery yet. Was going to but not sure if I will anymore because of something that happened today with some other Dutch person in game.

Whatever happend, know the people of this forum will greatly appreciate it! :cheers:

Back when our Dutch police changed their uniforms to have some new colors there was some speculation on whether the police cars would start to look different as well. Some concepts were made by a few different people but the cars just always stayed the same. So I thought it'd be cool to see if I could change the colors on the BMW M4 as well to match their current uniforms.

z8F2FIK.jpg

94So2Pe.jpg

A 360 view of this one.

While I do understand why they kept the white one (not as aggressive looking) I think it would be cool to see some of these on the road as well. :) Doubt they'll ever change colors though, they've been using the current colors for a long time already and the base color has always been white as far as I know. It's okay though, I think the colors of the current police cars still look good. :)

I don 't know what happened but if you ever change your mind please let us know. Great design.

I don 't know what happened but if you ever change your mind please let us know. Great design.

Thanks. I won't be sharing anything right now though. Online library seems to be broken, can only find content that's less than a day old. So everything you share just gets lost after that 1 day, you won't be able to find it with the tags after that. I guess this is a bug, if they fix this I'll think about sharing these liveries.

Thanks. I won't be sharing anything right now though. Online library seems to be broken, can only find content that's less than a day old. So everything you share just gets lost after that 1 day, you won't be able to find it with the tags after that. I guess this is a bug, if they fix this I'll think about sharing these liveries.
Ah guess that explains my troubles with finding a lot of stuff... I just started sending people friend requests on PSN so that I could follow their profile! :P The concept police livery looks nice btw!

Ah guess that explains my troubles with finding a lot of stuff... I just started sending people friend requests on PSN so that I could follow their profile! :P The concept police livery looks nice btw!

Yeah it's quite annoying to say the least. Really defeats the purpose of sharing things with the world and adding tags to them if you can't find it anymore with those same tags a day later. :P

And thanks. :)

After getting the Nissan GTR Safety Car and seeing the blue lights I just could't resist to put the same Dutch police livery on it. ;) It was a bit more difficult to make because of some awkward lines of the GTR, especially on the rear. :P But I think it turned out great, better than on the M4 even. Though the M4 is ofcourse a bit more realistic as a police car. Only thing I don't like is the license plate having the Japanese size, so instead of a real Dutch license plate it just has an import license plate now. ;)

WStIPZM.jpg

hUuXGfc.jpg

0Is1iDe.jpg

And since I made the M4 in the different colors of the new police uniforms, I just had to do the same to the GTR as well, though the bright yellow is a bit more subtle on this one. :)

MmQleut.jpg

zPNGi3L.jpg

And as usual, a 360 view of both with the original color one driving through scapes. :P

I think that's it for police liveries now, at least untill I get my hands on the Mercedes Safety Car. Might start on a Red Bull livery for my next project though I'm not sure on which car yet.

After getting the Nissan GTR Safety Car and seeing the blue lights I just could't resist to put the same Dutch police livery on it. ;) It was a bit more difficult to make because of some awkward lines of the GTR, especially on the rear. :P But I think it turned out great, better than on the M4 even. Though the M4 is ofcourse a bit more realistic as a police car. Only thing I don't like is the license plate having the Japanese size, so instead of a real Dutch license plate it just has an import license plate now. ;)

WStIPZM.jpg

hUuXGfc.jpg

0Is1iDe.jpg

And since I made the M4 in the different colors of the new police uniforms, I just had to do the same to the GTR as well, though the bright yellow is a bit more subtle on this one. :)

MmQleut.jpg

zPNGi3L.jpg

And as usual, a 360 view of both with the original color one driving through scapes. :P

I think that's it for police liveries now, at least untill I get my hands on the Mercedes Safety Car. Might start on a Red Bull livery for my next project though I'm not sure on which car yet.

It looks so sexyyyyy! Love it. :D

WStIPZM.jpg

hUuXGfc.jpg

0Is1iDe.jpg

MmQleut.jpg

zPNGi3L.jpg

Best police car livery I've seen so far in GTS! :bowdown: Wonder if you would create another police car livery from another country though. Anyway keep up the good work! 👍

Best police car livery I've seen so far in GTS! :bowdown: Wonder if you would create another police car livery from another country though. Anyway keep up the good work! 👍

Thanks. :) I might if I can find a good one that no one has properly done yet. :P But from what I've seen for many countries it's been done already with quite some good quality ones as well.

Here's my latest livery. This time a racing livery for the VW Scirocco with Scarlet Line (non-existing brand) as the main sponsor. The design might be based a bit on a certain other brand which will be made as well once the decal import tool is live. :) That was just too hard to make right now so I settled for this meanwhile. ;)

AxrSYHV.jpg

NIeGpBo.jpg

And 360 view again. It does look a lot more green in this video than it actually is because of it being recorded with HDR on.

Time for another new livery, inspired by the classic HKS liveries though not a replica. While using their colors there's a bit more design to it and I kept it symmetric on both sides instead of having the livery wrapped across the whole car which is usually the case with HKS liveries. I like it better this way though. :)

eUIDafm.jpg

2juCDkk.jpg

Been using it in a few races, already had some really nice fights with it though I can't pass the Scirocco's. Can only get close every lap but on the straights they pull away again. :P

P4RHGrT.jpg

7v3CI2g.jpg

And as always, 360 view + a short clip afterwards of a replay. Again, much brighter colors because of HDR not being recorded correctly, colors in game are actually like the photos above. ;)

So I'm sure you all know this very nice car and livery, the beatiful classic Gulf Ford GT40. :)

jfwZnLx.jpg

With all the cool Gulf liveries being made I decided to give it a go as well and create the classic GT40 Gulf livery on the Ford Mustang. So it's basically a replica but with a few personal touches like the orange on the sides, the wing and the big Gulf logo on the hood since we can't change the position of the racing number. I think this livery suits the Mustang really well. :) It took quite a few hours and layers (267 to be exact) to make this. The hardest was probably the round shapes of the orange on the front and the old Koni logo (we only have their new logo in game). I had to skip the S.E.V Marchal logo since I didn't have enough space (both on car and the layers) and they didn't always have that sponsor on the GT40 anyway so I didn't feel it was important. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

First some scape shots.

aTjBsP6.jpg

8tHp4TI.jpg

Some shots in a race.

eYwDxMA.jpg

9aCDb6i.jpg

The livery and a quick replay of the race.

I like your style and your eye for detail.. Like the black/dark outline on that Gulf livery, it's equal on every point (as far as I've seen). Maybe, as a fellow Dutch gamer/user, I'm curious what you can make out this ;

The British Superbike had/have their pacecar with the Nissan GTR and somebody from Autojunk shared his images when they had their weekend at Assen/TT track ?! (not sure if this livery is allready done..)

nissan-gt-r-safety-car_03.jpg

I like your style and your eye for detail.. Like the black/dark outline on that Gulf livery, it's equal on every point (as far as I've seen). Maybe, as a fellow Dutch gamer/user, I'm curious what you can make out this ;

The British Superbike had/have their pacecar with the Nissan GTR and somebody from Autojunk shared his images when they had their weekend at Assen/TT track ?! (not sure if this livery is allready done..)

Thanks! :) Yep, I made sure the black outline is exactly the same all around the car. I probably take much longer to create quite basic liveries but I just want them to look perfect. ;)

That's quite a nice looking safety car, I didn't see it yet before. :) And I like a challenge so lets see. I can't promise you when it's done though, have a busy week and with the FIA races in the evening I can't spend much time on liveries. I think the red outline of "Safety Car" is quite ugly though so I might make that a little bit better in game. :lol: Only issue is that the GTR Safety Car has blue lights in game but I guess we just have to deal with that.

Is this bug still present?

Since yesterday the decal uploader is live for a few people so many decals are being shared, including some Red Bull decals. So I decided to make a new livery, similar to my Scarlet Line livery which was already based on Red Bull liveries anyway. :P Still not quite happy with the colors of the bulls and the Red Bull logo though, they're a bit pink-ish and not really bright red as they're supposed to be. So that will be updated when I can upload decals myself but the livery will stay the same otherwise.

Btw this first picture was before I found the other decals in the library, I updated it again after that which you can see in the second picture. :)

rClTfvk.jpg

p1KB7SE.jpg

Quick video of the livery.

So it took a bit longer than I thought it would but it's all done. ;) I did leave out the logos on the sideskirts since it didn't look good on the non-flat sideskirts that the GT-R in GT Sport has and I don't think I'd be able to use enough layers anyway. That MCE logo is quite difficult without having access the the decal importer. But I'm quite happy with the result, the red outlines look even better than on the real car cause of the slightly different font. :P In total I used 384 layers, most of them being used for the red outline around the Safety Car letters and the MCE + Italian Legendary Protection logos.

CujJJeP.jpg

7KSG7Va.jpg

n5pIHeI.jpg

And while creating this I noticed it's not the only color that they run this car with. It's also available in black and gray with white stripes. So I remade those too. :)

fKtwxzR.jpg

And as always, video of the livery in all 3 colors.

The livery is shared in all 3 colors, tags are #british #superbikes #safety.

Spent part of the day on another new livery. This time I wanted to see what a collaboration between Porsche and Red Bull would look like. So I made a Red Bull livery for the Porsche 919 Hybrid with a few different colors than you'd usually expect from a Red Bull livery. Wasn't an easy one to make with all the round curves and edges this thing has but I think it turned out pretty nice.

955J0WG.jpg

5FcpiG2.jpg

y1c97Lj.jpg

RE6JwkK.jpg

Video of the livery, short replay of a quick race at the end.

Maybe I used a bit too many bulls on the car, I took pretty much every opportunity to place one. :P But it's a big car with a lot of space for bulls so I think it's fine. :)

Back