Fireworks are the most intensely boring display this side of grass-growing contests.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Klostrophobic
  • 42 comments
  • 1,467 views
ceiling_fan
Time for a grossly overused pic:



Well, it's not that old but still...

Holy crap! I made that picture... it was ages ago too...


Anyway, a 1000-round Chinese Firecracker isn't boring. At 60 metres away it made the glass in our French Windows flex.
 
1000 round is nothing man. That's over with in less than a minute! 100,000 rounds with a big bomb at the end, that's where the fun is at. :D (although you won't ever see me spending over 100 euros on something like that.)
 
43 seconds. But for those 43 seconds it's like being in Kosovo.

Bear in mind that they are banned in the UK. Along with mortar-type fireworks.

Tossers.
 
Yep. I lifted the image from Maddox's "Dawn of the Dead" review and put some Photoshop-template letters onto it. The work of but a moment.

Quite a surprise to see it still alive, actually...
 
Famine
43 seconds. But for those 43 seconds it's like being in Kosovo.

Bear in mind that they are banned in the UK. Along with mortar-type fireworks.

Tossers.


They sell 1000 round fire crackers legally here, but those sound like baby farts when compared to the illegal 100,000 round (illegal) ones which are legal in Belgium, so Dutch people massively go buy em there (and get busted by police often).

One of my friends had a 30 box of mortars when he was like 14... I definitely saw the reason why they're banned, haha. They already shoot off before you can pull your head away... definitely looks good in the sky though, if you don't keep your head above the launching tube when lighting the fuse.


The most amazing thing I ever saw though, was this huge fire wheel (dunno the exact name in English). It had to be attacked to a basketball post together with a wooden construction that came with it. It was about 4 or 5 feet in diameter, but when lighted fire shot out 20 feet at both sides showing a huge firey spinning sun. If only it would have been attached to a high building it would have looked much better though. Definitely illegal, but beautiful. The guy had 2 of them, if the van he transported them would have lit on fire he would have been in deep trouble though. One of those things was so heavy already that he couldn't carry it on his own.
 
It's fun to put fireworks in garbage can or mail boxes :)
 
smellysocks12
The most amazing thing I ever saw though, was this huge fire wheel (dunno the exact name in English). It had to be attacked to a basketball post together with a wooden construction that came with it. It was about 4 or 5 feet in diameter, but when lighted fire shot out 20 feet at both sides showing a huge firey spinning sun. If only it would have been attached to a high building it would have looked much better though. Definitely illegal, but beautiful. The guy had 2 of them, if the van he transported them would have lit on fire he would have been in deep trouble though. One of those things was so heavy already that he couldn't carry it on his own.
That's a catherine wheel.

Haven't got my hands on fireworks, yet... Maybe I'm missing out on something, or maybe I just like so far unscarred flesh too much.
 
I think I speak for all dog owners when I say that fireworks are a real nuisance. I don't own a dog myself, by my sister's greyhound goes berserk at this time of year...
 
True, it would drive you nuts as well if your ears would be 20 times as sensitive!
 
I simply don't spend money on fireworks, any time of the year. It's literally taking your money and blowing it up. I can think of better things to do with your hard-earned cash. Like roll in it. :D
 
I prefer to be the lighter of them, or better yet, fire crackers, screamers, M1000s, etc.

Noise makers presumably. 👍
 
All I have to do to see fireworks is this. on fireworks night I look out of my window and hey presto fireworks!
 
Back