First Car?

MA70 Supra 3.0 turbo . Bought it for something like 7k credits , 230 bhp . At the beginning it seemed to me impossible to handle it but as soon as I got the International A license it was a piece of cake to handle it :P

The MA70 was the first car ever for me.

7,000cr and it was red.

The car was odd as well.

It was most powerful, yet it could not qualify first on ARM on the sunday cup with ease.
The other cars that had 150hp some how had flying laps, yet when you did the race you flogged them.

The second time I played my first car was the concept car which I got for Golding all of B license.

It could easily get pole and win the race.

If you did this you could get the GTO Twin Turbo with the winnings and the 10k you didnt spend.

I found a ps1 in the closet yesterday and decided to order gt1 and 2 might arrive tomorrow. Also remembered that I borrowed gt3 and 4 to a friend when gt5 prologue got out, she still had them and I got her ps2 as well. So now I'm going to play through them one by one... Again! :-)

I picked up a used PS2 for $40 last week due to missing some of my old PS1/2 games I've collected over the decades & refused to get rid of. Decided to play my original copy of GT from 1998 last night & I still haven't decided what first car to purchase. It really does amaze me how much this game has evolved compared to the rest of the series.

I picked up a used PS2 for $40 last week due to missing some of my old PS1/2 games I've collected over the decades & refused to get rid of. Decided to play my original copy of GT from 1998 last night & I still haven't decided what first car to purchase. It really does amaze me how much this game has evolved compared to the rest of the series.
The step from GT1 to GT2 is huge. About the first car, I always tend to start with a Supra. Its sort of hard to control but with some suspension upgrades its ok. Then I usually move over to Skylines. Sort of boring and obvious choices though.

1st car was a Honda CR-X Del-Sol 1992 back then because i liked the look of it and to realize now that it is 1 of the quicker cars you can buy under 10,000cr

Mine was the CRX del Sol. It was the best handling car under 10,000 credits, and although it was a little slow the extra credits allowed me to tune it pretty well...:P

The worst was the Prelude. Slow as a cat with one leg and BORING. :yuck:

My first GT2 car (Started on GT2 and loved it so much I went back and got GT1 too) was the Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 91'. Best starter car I've ever purchased :)
I never won any races on GT 2 until I got the Jaguar XJ220 and smoked the completion.

When I first played, I was a very bad player. How bad was I? I was so bad that, even though I chose the red Toyota Supra MK III Turbo. 230HP as my first real car (after doing some unsaved test-drives, IIRC) I needed to collect several thousand dollars in a few hundred dollar increments from non-first finish spot races and apply modifications before I won my first race at the High Speed Ring spot race.

Took me a while to get my B license. First two tests were awkward. Basically taught you to be revving before the start.

Probably was a few days before I managed to hold together a good lap at High Speed Ring to be able to enter the Sunday Cap. Which I probably initially overpowered with my Supra.

It was almost 20 years ago when I first started playing GT1, but I think I used the black 1988 S13 K's from day 1. Very decent car and can be tuned to great lenghts, I even (somehow) beat the Megaspeed cup with it and Hard-Tuned series as well.

Sorry to bump the thread, but I've been replaying GT1 and 2 on a PS2 I found in the garage. :D

GT1 starter was the perennial overpowered '91 Supra- powerful and reasonably challenging to drive. Blows the glorified soapbox carts of the Sunday Cup in the water... :lol::lol:

GT2 starter was the '90 Honda Civic CR-X bought for 4.5k: the aptly named
'Honda :censored:box'
Anaemic 121 HP, red and black with ugly white rims (swapped for gold five-spokets near instantly) and terrible speed. However, once I modded it, the weight advantage and 178 HP smoked cars like the Audi TT, Camaro and Alfa 156.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually an R32 Skyline.

Tempted to start a new save, maybe an FTO if any are available for under 10,000 credits.

Or just get all golds in B License and use the Concept Car. (B-3 may take a while though)

Both GT1 and 2 have the same Race Mod.
I usualy sart with the licenses and a MA70 Supra. Bu if I get the licenses right, I just go with the TRD3000GT or the Nismo 400R.

As for GT2, I've started many times with the Supra again, and once with a CRX.

Capture.PNG

I usualy sart with the licenses and a MA70 Supra. Bu if I get the licenses right, I just go with the TRD3000GT or the Nismo 400R.

No chance of either of the latter two. Not a hope in hell of me getting all golds in the A or IA licenses.

Took me long enough to get all golds in the B license. The one with the CRX delsol is such a pain to get gold, you have to take the corner perfectly.

Imo B is the hardest license to gold. I personally can't get it right quickly. A is doable but is pretty hard when you need to drive a Supra or the Skyline on Trial Mountain. IA is actually not that hard at all. I usually gold those first try. The key isn't to try to be he fastest you can, just to be consistent. Just try to not make mistakes and you'll get those pretty quickly imo.

I can't remember how much time I spent on B-3, but I'm going to guess that one took me between 12-36 hours on its own. In fact, I wound up getting A golded on the original save and most of IA gold before getting B done.

The first time I played GT, I want to say I probably started with either the Prelude or the Sylvia (K). On later reboots, I probably varied my first car. The Supra, RX-7, R32, Del Sol and GTO would most likely have been First cars of choice. I feel like i would have skipped the Civic, Mirage and Eunos.

My first car ever bought in the world of Gran Turismo was when I was 2-3 years old I don't remember if it was 1998 or 1999 because I was very small, but I remember with precision that it was a Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) '88 in color Lime Green Two-Tone. At the time, being very small, I didn't use it to compete in it, but I practiced alone in the time trials. Let's say that car was my beginning.

I personally struggle with B1 xD, in GT2 too. the simple start and stop tests I struggle with always.
This, especially on GT5 B-1: the start/stop test is ridiculous (33ms away from gold first time and then couldn't get further before I gave up), ugh.

I started with the black MA70 Supra both times I played this game. I think it's about 5.5k.
With 230HP, it's probably the fastest car you can get this early on in the game, for pretty cheap. And it's also FR, though it does kind of understeer (personally I don't find it much of a problem, when it's not almost fully upgraded.)
The other starter cars that seem pretty good are the Mitsubishi GTO SR '92 and the RX-7 Savanna GT-X (or is it the Infini III?), but I can't comment since I have not actually tried them.
Imo B is the hardest license to gold. I personally can't get it right quickly. A is doable but is pretty hard when you need to drive a Supra or the Skyline on Trial Mountain. IA is actually not that hard at all. I usually gold those first try. The key isn't to try to be he fastest you can, just to be consistent. Just try to not make mistakes and you'll get those pretty quickly imo.
I got Bronze, Silver, Bronze, Silver, Bronze, Silver, Silver, Gold on the B license. I don't know how I managed to gold B-8.
A-3 haunted me since I played it for the very first time. I just got Bronze on it today, now I have to deal with A-4.
I never got the A license.

Back