First Full Lap DRIFT Video

BreakerOhio
Edited : latest video (better quality)

Logitech G25.

And YES the six gated shifting works!!!!

Initial D Music Version

Edited:
Raw Audio Feed Version

Description:

2 Drifting Laps from the Demo.
Simulation Mode, All Driving aids off.
Logitech G25 Wheel.

The driving is a bit rusty until I get used to the new game.
Lap two gets better. :)

------------
This demo just came out today: Oct 20th, 2007 in Japan's Playstation Store. Go there to download it.

After playing through this demo for about 1 hour I gave it a go to drift the whole course. Through drifting much of the new physics engine can be explored. I'm still getting used to it and will have a better video after more seat time.

Enjoy. Rate, leave comments, thanks for watching.

Shame of the loud music that's not really adding anything..

[edit] and maybe a tip for next time, put the camera on a table or a chair so the video will be more watchable.

The music is Initial D Euro beat inspired. It goes with the theme.

The thing with the demo is, there's no way of saving replays so that I can later replay it through my capture card, so I had to bring out the camera and do it by hand that very moment.
Next video will be more watchable.

I tried connecting my DFP but all it didn't give me the 900 degree mode

edit : This is a good video that proves how the AI has improved, look at how they try to avoid him drifting and there isn't just one car there are a couple.

I tried connecting my DFP but all it didn't give me the 900 degree mode

edit : This is a good video that proves how the AI has improved, look at how they try to avoid him drifting and there isn't just one car there are a couple.

I was hoping someone would notice how the AI has improved through this video. AI cars are more aware of where you are on the course and won't just drive through you.

I was hoping someone would notice how the AI has improved through this video. AI cars are more aware of where you are on the course and won't just drive through you.

great minds think alike and all that :sly: :D

did you use 900 degrees on your G25 ? I found it hard controlling the car during a drift after I unlocked the 900 mode and the normal mode lol , I haven't played using teh DFP for along time (also I've been playing Forza a lot lol) , I correct the car but I over correct so it spins the other way any tips?

great minds think alike and all that :sly: :D

did you use 900 degrees on your G25 ? I found it hard controlling the car during a drift after I unlocked the 900 mode and the normal mode lol , I haven't played using teh DFP for along time (also I've been playing Forza a lot lol) , I correct the car but I over correct so it spins the other way any tips?

That is weird your DFP has to be unlocked to 900 mode. The G25 is defaulted to 900 degree mode. I don't think it can be changed.

I think with your situation, try to unplug your DFP and plug it back in so that it gets recognized as 900 degree so that it is properly configured to be played with 900 degree. If you manually unlock to 900, then it's like asking yourself to turn two full revolutions of the wheel to simulate a 180 degree wheel at lock. That would make it hard.

I didn't like the music to this video much, and I'm working on uploading a raw audio feed of it right now.

Well that was an awesome video BreakerOhio. Really was impressed with how the game actually is. Your driving weren't bad for your 1st time playing the game. The AI had definitely improved compared with GT4. If you drifted like that in GT4, i swear you would be punted off by the AI. :lol: But anyhow, seeing you play GT5:P really makes me want to get a PS3 even more! :( I can't wait much longer!!!! :mad:

Well i have a lot of questions about the game. How was the physics in GT5:P compared to GT:HD? (as i haven't played both yet) And since you said the the H-gate was working, did the clutch work too? How was the drift mode? Did you tried it yet? Well i hope you can answer my questions and i'm really looking forward to your high res video soon..... :D

Well that was an awesome video BreakerOhio. Really was impressed with how the game actually is. Your driving weren't bad for your 1st time playing the game. The AI had definitely improved compared with GT4. If you drifted like that in GT4, i swear you would be punted off by the AI. :lol: But anyhow, seeing you play GT5:P really makes me want to get a PS3 even more! :( I can't wait much longer!!!! :mad:

Well i have a lot of questions about the game. How was the physics in GT5:P compared to GT:HD? (as i haven't played both yet) And since you said the the H-gate was working, did the clutch work too? How was the drift mode? Did you tried it yet? Well i hope you can answer my questions and i'm really looking forward to your high res video soon..... :D

The AI definitely improved. This was reason why I want to perform this test. As I continued to drift in front of the AI, the AI cars would be cautious...so it seems and look to go around for a pass. There was as section where the BMW Z got to the outside as I was drifting up the inside of the apex and slowing down the pack, so the AI when around without bumping, which was nice.

The physics in GT5:P demo compared to GT:HD is hard to compare directly since I can't compare a car that exists in both games straight up. Plus it's a different kind of course than GTHD. GT:HD has big improvement over GT4 in the drifting physics. The cars push through the corners better while oversteering and controlling the drifts with smooth throttle inputs are more rewarding and responsive to your peddle and steering inputs. I need more time with the game to find more differences.

The six gated shifting was a welcomed surprise! Clutch doesn't work, but at least the six gated shifting does!!! Makes driving in the cockpit view easier to know what gear you are in when focused on the in car gauges.

The simulation mode caters to the advanced physics. This is where the line between how GTHD's tuned cars behave in handle and to their counterpart stock versions. I sense that with the simulation mode, the cars respond better to inputs to induce oversteer more realistically when induced to do so.
At the same time, this would punish you more if you don't mean to and accidently induce a spin out.

I won't have a high resolution video yet, I'll have to hook up my PS3 to my pc, and right now it's more fun playing on the big screen. :)
I just put up a Raw Audio Feed Version

I don't usually go sideways everywhere, but I have tried a bit of drifting using the BMW with N2 tires and on the profesional physics setting using the G25. I find it quite difficult actually, most of the times I seem to overdo it and spin out or apply too much corrective lock and end up snapping the other way. Maybe I'm driving with lead feet but it's defenitely back to square one for me, but hey, I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying it.

I don't usually go sideways everywhere, but I have tried a bit of drifting using the BMW with N2 tires and on the profesional physics setting using the G25. I find it quite difficult actually, most of the times I seem to overdo it and spin out or apply too much corrective lock and end up snapping the other way. Maybe I'm driving with lead feet but it's defenitely back to square one for me, but hey, I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying it.

thats exactly the problem I'm facing

Having other AI cars on the track while drifting, I thought would be a pain without a solo mode, but with the improved AI, it's been enjoyable. Drifting with the AI keeps me on my toes.
Before each corner, visualizing which drift method to go with based on situation (speed, what car is around, and where on the track I am) for each type of corner before doing the drift to avoid accidents with the AI and reacting to their reactions makes for an exciting race. :)

So far this demo is pretty good. Wish they unlock more throughout the week. Fuji speedway would be nice.

Nice job Breaker. It seems the physics did change from GT4. Hopefully if anyone can unlock the R35, I would appreciate it. I don't have a PS3 right now so I'm the left one:nervous:. Man, I want this game.

thats exactly the problem I'm facing

At first i had the same thing, but it only took me a lap or so to fix, to stop the car spinning the other way try to make sure your wheels are straight when exiting a drift although thats only a general technique it seems to work for me. I was using N1s myself as thats what i learnt to drift with on an AE86 in gt4.

Nice job Breaker. It seems the physics did change from GT4. Hopefully if anyone can unlock the R35, I would appreciate it. I don't have a PS3 right now so I'm the left one:nervous:. Man, I want this game.

For you Ryosuke,

Description:
My gameplay of the unmasked GTR. I brought out the camera and decided to try something new here and give a live game review.

This is my first time doing a live review like this and it wasn't scripted. Just expressed my live thoughts as I first drove 2 laps with the car unmasked.

In Lap one:
I start off talking about the interior of the car. Gauge and center console. Comparing it to other cars that is available in the game.

Lap two:
Some handling tests through switch back corners. Testing the power and suspension of the car.

Thanks for watching.

That was an awesome video and commentary. Feels very professional and properly done. I wish i could +repped you again, but i already did last time :banghead: so i guess its okay right? :)

Well the introduction of the GT-R looks quite amazing really. Almost like the actual reveal of the GT-R at the Tokyo Motor Show. So like did you download the car or it appears when you play GT5:P and automatically update for you? Were there any other cars other than the GT-R? As for the interiors, its quite good as well. PD must really pay attention to the details of the car. Almost every piece of the car was well rendered. Too bad you can't switch off the heads up display.... :indiff: I don't really know how the car handles, but i've heard you said the car feels fantastic. Quite surprise how the car handles with so much HP under the hood (about 400 to be exact) and the car doesn't look like it understeers a lot in the video (or maybe your a good driver...) But another question, how fast was the GT-R compared to? I know you said it has more torque and can easily overtake the Viper, but does it match the R8 or any other supercars? Oh yeah, will the GT-R support the H-gate gearbox anytime soon and how did you setup your handbrake?

That was an awesome video and commentary. Feels very professional and properly done. I wish i could +repped you again, but i already did last time :banghead: so i guess its okay right? :)

Well the introduction of the GT-R looks quite amazing really. Almost like the actual reveal of the GT-R at the Tokyo Motor Show. So like did you download the car or it appears when you play GT5:P and automatically update for you? Were there any other cars other than the GT-R? As for the interiors, its quite good as well. PD must really pay attention to the details of the car. Almost every piece of the car was well rendered. Too bad you can't switch off the heads up display.... :indiff: I don't really know how the car handles, but i've heard you said the car feels fantastic. Quite surprise how the car handles with so much HP under the hood (about 400 to be exact) and the car doesn't look like it understeers a lot in the video (or maybe your a good driver...) But another question, how fast was the GT-R compared to? I know you said it has more torque and can easily overtake the Viper, but does it match the R8 or any other supercars? Oh yeah, will the GT-R support the H-gate gearbox anytime soon and how did you setup your handbrake?

Didn’t download the car. It became available when I loaded the game the day the GTR was unmasked to the public in Tokyo. The Demo booted up with a screen notifying me that the new car was available right when I got into the game. I clicked ok to proceed and the unmasking of the car started and that’s what I captured in the intro of the video review, good thing I had my camera next to me. The GTR and STI were unmasked back to back. I don’t know if it’s possible to experience the unmasking replays again, but I think this little feature adds some value to the experience when you first receive a new car. You get the feeling of…oh awhh nice! I can’t wait to drive it!

Haven’t figured out if you can switch off the heads up display.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to compare to the other cars since it’s driven by the AI. I don’t know what tires they are running with and how competitive they are trying to be to say, but in comparison to all the other cars in the garage, it’s the fastest.

GT-R doesn’t have H-gate gearbox in real life either, so you play in sequential mode to simulate driving it in real life. Same with the IS-F.

Didn’t download the car. It became available when I loaded the game the day the GTR was unmasked to the public in Tokyo. The Demo booted up with a screen notifying me that the new car was available right when I got into the game. I clicked ok to proceed and the unmasking of the car started and that’s what I captured in the intro of the video review, good thing I had my camera next to me. The GTR and STI were unmasked back to back. I don’t know if it’s possible to experience the unmasking replays again, but I think this little feature adds some value to the experience when you first receive a new car. You get the feeling of…oh awhh nice! I can’t wait to drive it!

Haven’t figured out if you can switch off the heads up display.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to compare to the other cars since it’s driven by the AI. I don’t know what tires they are running with and how competitive they are trying to be to say, but in comparison to all the other cars in the garage, it’s the fastest.

GT-R doesn’t have H-gate gearbox in real life either, so you play in sequential mode to simulate driving it in real life. Same with the IS-F.

Oh thats cool! They did actually update the cars for you! (if you have internet that is....) So you got the STi as well huh. How was the STi then? Did you drive it yet? If the GT-R don't have a H-gate in real life, well never mind. I think its just as fun driving with a sequential gearbox as to driving with a h-gate. :)

I like that skyline vid, nicely done. Have a question on your setup though - does the G25 come with that handbrake or is that some sort of custom thing? Oh yeah, and were you using S3 tyres all the way through?

I like that skyline vid, nicely done. Have a question on your setup though - does the G25 come with that handbrake or is that some sort of custom thing? Oh yeah, and were you using S3 tyres all the way through?

The handbrake I spoke of isn't special. It's just pressing the circle button that is on the shifter unit of the G25.

I used S3 tires all the way through.

The GTR review footage is all from one 2 lap test recording. Incar live gameplay, and the replay. To give a feel like it was a real car review, I tried to switch from focusing between incar and outside replay view to see the outside of the car respective to the incar actions.

The handbrake I spoke of isn't special. It's just pressing the circle button that is on the shifter unit of the G25.

I used S3 tires all the way through.

The GTR review footage is all from one 2 lap test recording. Incar live gameplay, and the replay. To give a feel like it was a real car review, I tried to switch from focusing between incar and outside replay view to see the outside of the car respective to the incar actions.

:dunce: Certainly fooled me then, good job again. Looks like I will be investing in a G25 soon :nervous:

The thing with the demo is, there's no way of saving replays so that I can later replay it through my capture card, so I had to bring out the camera and do it by hand that very moment.
Next video will be more watchable.

Breaker, couldn't you just have paused the game right before you cross the finishing line, go fetch your camera, set it up and record it?

Back