First impressions

• Thread starter Igano
  • 67 comments
Picked it up last nite. Got familiar with the Abarth, at Imola, since it's a track I know well form GTL. After I finally figured out steering gamma, I felt right at home. It's a huge step up from Race '07 et. al. in terms of feel and feedback. The FFB was just amazing, even with my old Wingman FF wheel (that will be upgraded soon). After I got comfy, I just had to dive in with my childhood dream car, the F40. Awesome. Soooooo awesome. Took me about 5 laps before I could do a reasonable hotlap without running off the track. So much fun. Can't wait to try the other cars and tracks. The future of PC driving is looking bright.

Picked it up last nite. Got familiar with the Abarth, at Imola, since it's a track I know well form GTL. After I finally figured out steering gamma, I felt right at home. It's a huge step up from Race '07 et. al. in terms of feel and feedback. The FFB was just amazing, even with my old Wingman FF wheel (that will be upgraded soon). After I got comfy, I just had to dive in with my childhood dream car, the F40. Awesome. Soooooo awesome. Took me about 5 laps before I could do a reasonable hotlap without running off the track. So much fun. Can't wait to try the other cars and tracks. The future of PC driving is looking bright.

What amazes me with AC is that you feel so comfortable with the handling from the beginning!

Tried the 458 yesterday. Wow!
I still feel the wheels slipping slightly better in GT6 (with a T500) but the rest of the feedback/handling felt sooo good. Incredible!
And the sound of that beast!!! :drool:

Tried the 458 yesterday. Wow!
I still feel the wheels slipping slightly better in GT6 (with a T500) but the rest of the feedback/handling felt sooo good. Incredible!
And the sound of that beast!!! :drool:

2 things you might want to explore to help with your T 500 feeling.
One is try some of the T 500 set ups you can find in the thread in this forum http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/thrustmaster-wheels-official-thread.3296/
Second is make sure your FFB is not saturating by watching the grey bar in the pedals app in game.

Last edited:
2 things you might want to explore to help with your T 500 feeling.
One is try some of the T 500 set ups you can find in the thread in this forum http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/thrustmaster-wheels-official-thread.3296/
Second is make sure your FFB is not saturating by watching the grey bar in the pedals app in game.
Yes, I used the official recommendation which I found in that thread after you posted the link in another thread, thanks. 👍
Haven't tested the pedals app, will do.

Yes, I used the official recommendation which I found in that thread after you posted the link in another thread, thanks. 👍
Haven't tested the pedals app, will do.

Sorry, I did not realize it was you in that other thread as well, I guess the setups did not really helped, hopefully the T 500 will work as well as the csw/elite in AC in the future, or maybe it is just that the FFB is too high and while saturating it is not giving you the feedback information you are seeking.
Good luck.

Sorry, I did not realize it was you in that other thread as well, I guess the setups did not really helped, hopefully the T 500 will work as well as the csw/elite in AC in the future, or maybe it is just that the FFB is too high and while saturating it is not giving you the feedback information you are seeking.
Good luck.
Oh no the setups did help. At least the offical one did.

Also, I found out something; I had only tried one of the Lotus cars. Can't remember which model; one with green color and a white stripe I think. And on that one I could only slightly feel the tyres losing traction, almost not at all. But maybe it's supposed to be that way?

Anyhow, that changed when I took the 458 out on the track. Much better feel of traction loss with that car, although still not quite as clearly felt as in GT6. But in spite of that the overall feeling of the handling and physics was clearly better and somehow more fun than in GT6, I have to say. Enjoyed every second of it! :)

I have to experiment some more with the settings to find my preferred one. But it seems they still have some work to do on the T500 FFB in this game.

Back