First in line in a race from the start?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mamann
  • 12 comments
  • 1,317 views
Messages
445
Messages
mamann10
Can anybody tell me if you every get to be first or even second in the line up of a race? I am always 12th or 7th. Can you do something to get more to the front?:crazy:
 
If you're talking about A or B-spec, no there is nothing you can do. Online, you can qualify to get to the front, so long as the qualifying is set up to "fastest first".
 
Yea in offline, you'll never start up front.

In online, you can start up front depending on how the host has it yet.

If it's set to fastest first, you'll need to qualify well. If it's set to reverse finishing order, make sure you place last in a race and you'll be up front the next time.
 
Hey yall thanks...i knew how to get first on line but never had first in A or B-spec...I now trying to level up to exp 40 and it is driving me C R A Z Y!!! I am at level 35 and my AI is a 34...I don't think this is much fun having to do the same races over and over and over. :drool:
 
Have you done all the Endurance races? They level you up hella fast.
 
no I haven't finished those yet, hopefully this week...
 
I now trying to level up to exp 40 and it is driving me C R A Z Y!!! I am at level 35 and my AI is a 34...I don't think this is much fun having to do the same races over and over and over. :drool:

Do you have an X1?

If you do, just autogrind like the wind in A spec... IIRC, it's 14k exp for 4 minutes. (do a search for it if you need to know how).

So if you leave your PS3 grinding for 10 hours overnight you make c.2 million exp (and around 10 million credits).

For B spec, once you have opened the endurance races you should be B speccing the highest payout event you can overnight if your not A spec grinding.

I was lucky that I did most of my A spec levelling between 36 and 40 with the Nurburgring Glitch!
 
Hey yall thanks...i knew how to get first on line but never had first in A or B-spec...I now trying to level up to exp 40 and it is driving me C R A Z Y!!! I am at level 35 and my AI is a 34...I don't think this is much fun having to do the same races over and over and over. :drool:

Like Stotty did, I got to 35 A-spec the "legit" way, and then "glitched" my way up to 40 with no regrets. Since then I've done some rubberband grinding as mentioned above to get the rest of the cars I wanted and now I have or can afford just about anything I want. I think the jump from 35 to 40 is ridiculous. I don't know if anyone measured the amount of hours it takes the "legit" way, but I'm sure it's hundreds of hours. That's an awfully long time to invest, doing the same races over and over and over, against AI's that are as predictable as night and day, to buy cars that are not real. I much more enjoyed those same hours racing online against real people.
 
Do you have an X1?

If you do, just autogrind like the wind in A spec... IIRC, it's 14k exp for 4 minutes. (do a search for it if you need to know how).

So if you leave your PS3 grinding for 10 hours overnight you make c.2 million exp (and around 10 million credits).

For B spec, once you have opened the endurance races you should be B speccing the highest payout event you can overnight if your not A spec grinding.

I was lucky that I did most of my A spec levelling between 36 and 40 with the Nurburgring Glitch!


no i don't have an X1...what do I look up to learn to do this?
 
Get to lvl 35 in b spec or bronze all 3 S. Vettel challenges which opens at lvl 30.

If you are referring to the rubber band trick, read here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161147

One problem I have is I don't know what to do with the keyboard and I need to get a key board. I use only a lap top now since my grandson wanted a computer, and then he sold it!!!bad boy...
I can get a keyboard but I don't know where or how to set it up. can you help?💡
 
Can anybody tell me if you every get to be first or even second in the line up of a race? I am always 12th or 7th. Can you do something to get more to the front?:crazy:

Like others have said, there doesn't seem to be any way to start the A-Spec races from 1st.

However, you can start some of the A-Spec races from last place!

In the Sunday Cup - Beginner Series, at the Autumn Mini Ring track, you can get dropped to last place during the short cruise just before the flag drops to start the race.

This will happen if you bring a real "dog" to the race!

Great fun!

After the race you can protest to the race stewards about the cars that passed you before the flag drop --- but they don't seem to listen!

Side note: The Autumn Ring track is the only track where I've been dropped all the way to last place. On other tracks I've sometimes seen my car moved forward one position or back one position during this cruise period before the start of a race.

Enjoy the racing,
GTsail
 
...I don't think this is much fun having to do the same races over and over and over. :drool:

You just now come to that conclusion? :dopey: Weclcome to GT5 offline 👍
 
Back