First Look At PlayStation 5's Fast-Loading Ability in Action

SSD will have the biggest impact compared to current gen. Truly looking forward to this and hopefully BC games will load faster on PS5 (and Scarlett).

I just wonder, if this means we won't be able to switch the internal drive this time around, because Insomniac said during an GCD conference that some gamers choose to go with a slower HDD than the standard PS4 hdd and therefore the Spider-Man devs had to take the slower HDD as the baseline for their game.

According to cerny the SSD will be faster than the typical PC SSD currently on the market. Which means that imo, if the ps5 drive can be switched, the devs can't take full advantage of the SSD speed of the ps5.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we can’t swap the drives anymore the word (custom) drive by Sony makes me think it’s built in so the times come down dramatically with their own SSD. Hopefully we can still use an external HDD. 1TB is not enough for these massive games these days.
If we can, I’d put my most valued games on system and the rest on external. I don’t mind waiting a bit more for it to load. This is very exiting times again for Gamers!

Once again this shows the power of an SSD. Running Spiderman on PS4 PRO with the game installed to an SSD anyway makes a huge difference regardless, still wish MS had put one in the new discless x1s and elite but hey. I suppose all that's left to say for now is that it's about time!

Back