First Look at rFactor 2's Aston Martin Vantage GTE Revealed

I admittedly can't tell - between the front wheels and the headlamps, are those logos for Brembo brakes or Beats headphones?

EDIT: Lmfao it really is Beats by Dre.

Drig0EH.png

Last edited:
I thought rF2 killed itself during that last Le Mans 24?

Nah it's still going strong Marcel and team are putting out top notch content.
Just fired up steam and saw we also have a big update today with BOP and LMP2. Probably a sign the Aston will be along shortly.

I thought rF2 killed itself during that last Le Mans 24?

We had to red flag that race, which was very unfortunate. Directly after we sat down, analyzed the events and got to work to address the issues. Expect us to release a significant code update with fixes (including a detailed changelog) next week.

It is nice to see them still putting out updates. This is kind if off topic but I finally got some time and updated my computer. For some reason the rfactor2 demo is problematic for me, any advice for which to grab first rfactor2 or new asseto. I have a club sport v2 and v3 pedals I am tired of gts/forza7 physics. I don't want to have to tinker a ton looking for best feel out of the box.

Nice. It is the 2019 / 2020 car too which is a very cool addition. The feeling of moving to PC for sim racing gets ever stronger...

Just started down the road - epic PC with an average graphics card.

I'll say that the plus (compared to PS4 Pro) is crazy mods and the broad availability of cars and tracks. The downside is the 'get on and play' is hard, my mate and I spent an age sorting out servers and setting up games, it really took the shine of new gaming. I'm sure it's not everyone's experience but we've dropped back to PCars2 on the PS4 for weeknight arrive & drive catch-ups in the most part.

Flipside, we are both looking forward to online league racing - that is far better catered for in PC land.

Assetto was an interesting space, amazing mods, but I had to use a content manager as my PC utterly failed with standard UI for Assetto - no doubt a config issue, but a slap considering I'm a PS4 person...

Graphics - many will tell you bonuses for both, but I'll say as an average gamer there's really not much between them. In time I'll manage to ship a kidney and buy a 2080Ti (probably a 6080Ti by then) and have something amazing, till then I'm steadfast that graphics aren't monumentally different.

Having said all this - this is all about not needing to rush out and buy a PS5. Future-proofing etc!

It is nice to see them still putting out updates. This is kind if off topic but I finally got some time and updated my computer. For some reason the rfactor2 demo is problematic for me, any advice for which to grab first rfactor2 or new asseto. I have a club sport v2 and v3 pedals I am tired of gts/forza7 physics. I don't want to have to tinker a ton looking for best feel out of the box.
I prefer rfactor's phisics over assetto corsa's one, but each has it's pro and cons, so it's down to what you prefer, you can refound on steam before two hours of play, enough to try both and decide yourself. I'd consider pCars 2 too, it has lots of haters but it's pretty good too and is the most optimized and complete sim you can get.

I prefer rfactor's phisics over assetto corsa's one, but each has it's pro and cons, so it's down to what you prefer, you can refound on steam before two hours of play, enough to try both and decide yourself. I'd consider pCars 2 too, it has lots of haters but it's pretty good too and is the most optimized and complete sim you can get.
Thanks for the reply been so busy moving things around, perhaps this week I will get my rig out.

Thanks for the reply been so busy moving things around, perhaps this week I will get my rig out.
I forgot to add that both rFactor2 and pCars2 offer a demo, i don't really like the radicals in rfactor demo, but the open wheeler should be a nice drive, while in pcars2 demo they've got some nice cars

Back