First Nissan 240sx(possibility)

  • Thread starter Thread starter nk4e
  • 47 comments
  • 7,611 views
Well, it is my first car that I own in my own name. Before this I would drive a Sorento or a Tundra or the Eclipse that my brother owned before it got impounded. Thats how I learned Manual Transmission.
 
Good luck with your car, just first of all, before you do any kind of modification. Do an extreme tune up. Oil, tranny oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid, get that fuel injector cleaner stuff that cleans your valves and fuel injectors, spark plugs if needed.

You will appreciate it later. I drive my civic hard every day, and I've had not a single problem with it, ever. In fact, in runs better now than it ever did.


Great car though, I also wanted a 240sx as my first car, but the only ones I found were broken or automatic.


Moar pics plz kthxbai.
 
Awesome man, looks like it has the same paint scheme as my car haha! Red, black hood?
 
Well,yesterday we had a major tune up and I sat outside for an hour waiting for my car to come back from the garage.
 
Old thread I know, but never saw it. Does it still have the KA24DE? I had that engine in my old Altima and that engine was rock solid and still relatively powerful (nice to have that torque, since it's originally a truck engine). Got great gas mileage in it too.
 
It has the KA24E not the D T-T
 
Oh, so it's an 89 or a 90 then? Still not a bad engine.
 
Wow, im glad you decided to buy what you want because these guys just looked like they were trying to discourage you because its the popular drift car now. Just remember that its said the 240 is the closest handling youll get to a vette, and also that the aftermarket is more than big for your newly aquired car. Just keep it simple at first if you want to mod it. If you need advice on what to do and when to do it dont be afraid to ask. Im pretty sure theres nissan owners in here like me that can help you out. Enjoy it!
 
Good stuff bro.... i am a 240 guru its nothing on the car i have not replaced or rebuilt. Pm me.. and ill send you some good info..
 
Positives:

RWD - woot drift and racing
Cheap to buy and own
Easy to fix any problems
Huge tuning community and endless options

Negatives:
RWD - bitch in the snow
Every s13 you find will have rust some less than others, go for a S14 like me lol

Also you must crawl before you walk and walk before you run....... same goes for driving, must learn to drive before you push your grip limits, be a good gripper before you can be a good drifter. Your first mod should be suspension, not coil overs, just sway bars and stiffer springs/struts is all you need.

Wrong. Buy coilovers first.
 
Well, since it was stolen. I have to buy the coilovers no matter what but I am wondering this one question. Is my springs collapse or my tires to big? The tire size is 18's and it drifts to the left way too much. in a Physical inspection that the right front coil over is touching the tire and the left front is about to. I took some pictures but I will post them. I just installed a Injen short ram just to replace the leaking intake that was taped with thermal taping and the pepboy filter.
 
Well, looking around S-chassis and NICO forums. I have been planning to get a new set of springs or coil overs but I don't know. Looking at Eibach springs but I looked for reviews on it. So nothing, they mention it on S-chassis but no reviews T_T. There is always the Tein S-tech springs though 20 dollars more but its a bit bumpy. Any good reviews on the Eibach springs? Another problem that there is a small leak probably in the back of the engine and I want to fix it ASAP. Other plans is the 91 bumper and a new hood. I am taking off the left over paint that is on the windows and the Sphinx sticker is almost off, just some of the outer layer still in there... T_T. The next plan while saving for any new parts and repainting it a darker red or back to the original paint I had it before it. Also about the spacers, during normal operation the passenger side will make a sprinkler sound. Which is weird because I went back to the mechanic that "didn't " hear anything while he drove it around the block though I heard the same sprinkler sound and a good loud noise as he turned the corner.
 
Though it doesn't look like I can really update on the 240sx but a new chuki bumper. But I don't want the Zype Tyte way but here is a small update:

S13007.jpg

S13003.jpg

S13005.jpg

but this have to do for now.But I am a bit scared of the small gap....I don't really know where to remake the mounts or where to remake the holes.
 
I absolutely love the zipties, don't change em. Even if you fix up the car and replace them with actual bolts, keep a few, LOL!

Please?

HAHA!
 
Chuki FTW! 👍

I hate the pignose look although its not bad when you throw on some old school meshies, and drop your coilovers as low as they go. What's wrong with your fitting between your hood and bumper? It seems quite abit off, maybe it's caused by the zip ties?
 
Chuki FTW! 👍

I hate the pignose look although its not bad when you throw on some old school meshies, and drop your coilovers as low as they go. What's wrong with your fitting between your hood and bumper? It seems quite abit off, maybe it's caused by the zip ties?

There's most likely a few plastic clips missing, letting the center drop a bit.

Shoot me, but I like the pignose look, don't know why, but WTF is up with the "nostrils" being blocked off from the factory?

BTW, nk4e, you don't get snow, do you?

If you do, it's your friend if you find an empty parking lot.
 
I am not going to change it though its harder to close the hood now. Apparently there is a big gap when I take out the zip ties though Pignose holes aren't like the Chuki one but I will or make a way to actually fit it. Also the common problem also is that the sides don't really match up but I have to fix that too. The Hood is possibly bent also.
 
Back