first picture of damage in Prologue appears (likely fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs damage ? I dont...
There are so many things I would like to see in the full GT5 with a higher priority than damage.

And I remember KY saying (long ago) that there maybe will be damage in the game but only for race-cars.

That makes sense due to the difficulties of getting permission from ALL the car manufacturers damaging their cars (visually) ingame.

I say there will be NO DAMAGE (for stock cars) ever in GT5.

Why would PD release a picture taken from a TV screen with a Sony Ericsson K850i???? Shouldnt that ALREADY be enough to consider it fake? I know people are hoping its real... but I dont think so on this one.... To bad....

Origins of the photo are unknown Blitz, could as well be a inhouse tester or something that sneaked a picture out.

Still, the damage part is more anti aliased then the rest of the car, so it appears fake to me.

the front fender looks like its melded onto or on top of the front tire
i'm gonna have to go with fake as well

As a user of photoshop I can confirm it as photshoped. I will have a play myself on photoshop to see if I can reverse engineer the photo to see how it has been created.

Just had another look at that pic and there's something I've just noticed that almost guarantees the pic is fake. Don't look at the car, look at the deformation on the top of the barrier. If they were going to deform the scenery (which is about as unlikely as you can get) they'd almost certainly use polygons, not a photoshop squiggle filter :sly:

If it was real, that damage would do nicely. It's so hard to imagine damage in GT, let alone how good it'll be.

I'm glad that's not real because if that's what we were waiting for then we have some issues. It looks like GTA style damage and not very realistic at all.

ARE YOU GUYS STUPID OR SOMETHING??? I POSTED THIS PIC ON *Post your Pics* Official Thread AND PIC IS CAPTURED AND EDITED BY ME! IT'S FAKE AND IT'S NOT MEANED TO BLUFF ANYONE. UNDERSTOOD?

Here is my original post from *Post your Pics* Official Thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3193190&postcount=308

Sorry about using CAPS LOCK.

HAhAHAHHAhAHaHhahAhaHAHHAhaHAHhahAHAHHaHaHaHhahAhAhaHaHah damn I feel dumb... I fell for it... LOL

It really looks like fake, I'm a photo-shop man, and yes i can easily see the filters that has been used..

Further more Hopefully PD will make the Damage look Real, and not like any of the other racers which really doesn't look good enough. None Race game has produced a Nice damage Car always the same quick bending of some of the front and rear parts, thats all..

I'll rather have damage as a technical disturbance then some typical Crashed car modified Model, It doesn't look real anyways, and also it seems to ruin a game with that Visual feature. THIS IS NOT A ARCADE GAME!!

:lol:

Yes, it's another GTPlanet Exclusive, folks... :D
Yet again, someone takes something posted here and spreads it around as fact. It's especially funny (or frustrating, if you're the webmaster...), though, when people post links to other sites as the source for news that actually originated here. Another example is the GT Racing Pod. Anyway, I've outlined the spread of this image in my latest post on the news blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back