FITT Adaptability Challenge. Finished congratulations toTheInfamousJEW6, Ale67 & Lionheart2113.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 257 comments
I had my kids for the last 4 days and last night I was tweaking the Reventon from @Bowtie-muscle to run the new 600pp time trial. I will finish up testing tonight and post my results tomorrow or Wednesday.

Tomorrow will be the final testing, writing and posting maybe, or sure thursday. 👍
Awesome. I look forward to the reviews.

I had my kids for the last 4 days and last night I was tweaking the Reventon from @Bowtie-muscle to run the new 600pp time trial. I will finish up testing tonight and post my results tomorrow or Wednesday.
Sounds good. Hope you get the Reventon worked out. 👍

Lost track of time from too much work. I will try to get time through the week, Friday open all day, should be able to complete it.
I totally understand. If you need a day or two extra let me know.

I got my testing done. The middle of the pack was really close with 5 cars spread across a couple of tenths. Overall I had about a 2.1 second gap from 1St to last. The new dc scoring is tough. It's not easy to like a tune and it still come in 7th or 8th place on my sheet because the others are better for me. I will post my results tonight when I get off work.

I got my testing done. The middle of the pack was really close with 5 cars spread across a couple of tenths. Overall I had about a 2.1 second gap from 1St to last. The new dc scoring is tough. It's not easy to like a tune and it still come in 7th or 8th place on my sheet because the others are better for me. I will post my results tonight when I get off work.
I hear ya on the DC. The New system reduces arguments but makes the testers job a bit harder

Ok, before I begin, a little about my testing and how I judged the DC. I was offered a choice to do the min/max category for testing and I took it. I am a decent driver, but nowhere near the skill level of some of you. Doing testing in the past has taught me how to drive better on hard tires without a doubt, but I usually race something in the 450 SS range when in online rooms. Getting a chance to test potential new racecars for my garage that I will actually use in the future was too good to pass up. The first thing I did was get a baseline for comparison. I bought the proper car and hit it with all the go fast parts including stage 3 weight reduction and carbon hood and windows. I tried a few different power configurations and top speed slider settings and came to the conclusion that using the high speed turbo only was the best route as it produced the most torque by a substantial amount without sacrificing much horsepower. It also made power adjustments easy for cars with different weights by just moving a slider. At my default the engine put out 231hp and 259lb of torque. Unless you used anything but the lightest car possible, this was your power specs. For those of you that chose the slider option on the transmission, it was set at 149mph. This gave me 132-134mph on the front straight with most cars. With custom transmissions, I tried a few different final ratios and ended up with about the same top speed.

Running the basic setup, I could turn 1:25.2 all day with very consistent laps and thought that a car this good would be hard to improve on. I judged the DC score on how much better it was than baseline. Not necessarily by time slips, but by overall feel and versatility. Cars that were more race oriented, could hold multiple lines well and were somewhat forgiving were more likely to score higher.

All testing was done on Deep Forest Raceway forward with grip set to real and no aids except for abs 1 on a DS3 using both sticks on sensitivity of -1 and automatic transmission.

F.I.T.T. EFINI' RX-7 1991
445pp sports soft tires

Tuner #1 (tested 3rd)
Time: 1:24.674
DC ranking: 6

This was a really stable car that was very easy to drive. It was great in the high speed sections and over the hilltop corners. It did have a bit of understeer mid corner when coating, but it was very manageable. The transmission worked well for the track with a final gear of 4.30 giving about 132mph. This is a good race/general use tune that is safe for anyone. Well done

Tuner #2 (tested 4th)
Time: 1:24.780
DC ranking: 7

This was a decent car. It seemed to be set up more for time trials than racing as it needed a more specific line. It required more attention to drive as it was kind of loose on high speed corner entry. Low to mid speed corners were fine and it had great turn in and acceleration on corner exit. Overall, I ran a decent time with it, but it wasn't as fun as some others.

Tuner #3 (tested 9th)
Time: 1:25.253
DC ranking: 10

This tune was hard to pin down. It was loose in some spots and yet pushed in others. It felt vague and disconnected from what I actually wanted it to do. It almost feels too safe at times. It had decent low speed rotation, but had a noticeable push at high speeds. That costs a lot of time on this track unfortunately. The transmission felt odd. 4th gear felt boggy, and when I would blip the brakes to get a downshift out of 6th, it would go 2 most of the time. I used a final gear of 4.000. This tune may work good under different conditions, but sticky tires on a slow car on a swoopy track is not it's strong suit, sorry.

Tuner #4 (5th tested)
Time: 1:25.673
DC ranking: 11

This was the slowest car in my testing and it feels as heavy as the spec sheet shows it to be. The extra weight gave it a power bump to 269hp and 267 lb, but that was nullified by the lack of transmission. I was barely making it into 5th at the end of the straight. It still hit around the same trap speed as the rest of the field, but it just made the rest of the Lap feel sluggish. It worked pretty good in the hilly section and the suspension carried the weight fine, but if you got too fast in the corner, exit understeer was an issue. I am not trying to offend the creator of this tune by any means, I just don't jive with it at all.

Tuner #5 (tested first)
Time: 1:24.291
DC ranking: 5

This was one of the better time trial type tunes submitted. It had good low speed turn in, held its line on corner exit, but had some high speed push if you got off line. It felt a little loose mid corner and when cresting Hills, but it was manageable. Overall I liked it and will likely use it again, but on a different track. Well done

Tuner #6 (tested last)
Time: 1:24.029
DC ranking: 1

Spectacular tune here!! This car really goes where you point it and has an easy transition from loose to grip. Drive it conservatively and it rewards you with fast corner exits. Go too deep and it still manages to get you out without too much hassle. This will make for a great race car. The transmission worked well for the track with a final gear of 3.900 giving the highest top speed of all the cars at 136 on the front straight. This was the most consistent car with 12 laps within less than a second. Very good job!!!

Tuner #7 (tested 10th)
Time: 1:23.557
DC ranking: 2

Wow!! This car is soooooooo smooth and consistent. It runs almost identical times no matter what line you run. It was not only the only car to hit 1:23, but it ran 4 of them. It does have a slight mid corner push, but it's very manageable and goes away quickly and holds a great line on exit. This is a great race tune and will definitely become one of the online arsenal.

Tuner #8 (tested 7th)
Time: 1:24.922
DC ranking: 8

This car was very easy to drive and would be perfect for an online weight limited room where you can't run a fully lightened car. It really doesn't feel as heavy as it is. The extra weight gave it a nice power bump to 254hp and 264lb/ft and the car took full advantage of it. The car did have a slight high speed push if you got off line, but it wasn't bad. Well done on a different approach.

Tuner #9 (tested 6th)
Time: 1:24.418
DC ranking: 4

This was a great car. Very predictable and did especially well on cresting hills and corner #3 where many others had trouble. A nice little power bump to 241hp and 261lb/ft along with a well sorted chassis made for a good drive. If this car had a well sorted trans (like #1 or #6) it would have run 2-3 tenths faster. Good job!!

Tuner #10 (tested 8th)
Time: 1:24.440
DC ranking: 9

This was not a bad car as the DC score may Indicate. It's definitely a time trial type of tune and did run a respectable time, but it was work to get it. I think this was the least consistent car in my testing. The lack of parts gave it a small hp bump to 235 but it wasn't really noticeable. If you keep it on line, it runs pretty good, but if you get off just a bit, you scrub off quite a bit of speed. It was also a little loose on corner entry which made finding the perfect line tough. Again, it ran a decent time, but not my cup of tea, sorry.

Tuner 11 (tested 2nd)
Time: 1:24.595
DC ranking: 3

This was a very consistent and safe car that could be pushed hard. It can take most any line and worked well over the hills and in the twisty sections of the track. This would be another great race style tune and will surely get used again. The trans worked fine with a 4.48 gearing giving it a 132 top speed on the front straight. If I were to change anything is would be to lower the Diff deceleration by a couple notches. That would give it slightly more entry rotation, but not knowing what tire and pp combo was going to be used, you kept it safe. Very well done!

As always, I had fun doing the testing for this event. Thanks to all the tuners for your efforts. Some of them produced wonderful results for my application. This challenge actually feels very much like what got me into this forum in the first place. I used to come here to get tunes for GT5 and I would use my own pp and trans combos to fit the races I was running. Pretty much the exact spirit of this competition. It is not my intention ever to offend anyone and if you think I gave a harsh review of your tune, I am sorry. Hopefully the tunes I didn't like work better in other conditions.

Last edited:
Ok, before I begin, a little about my testing and how I judged the DC. I was offered a choice to do the min/max category for testing and I took it. I am a decent driver, but nowhere near the skill level of some of you. Doing testing in the past has taught me how to drive better on hard tires without a doubt, but I usually race something in the 450 SS range when in online rooms. Getting a chance to test potential new racecars for my garage that I will actually use in the future was too good to pass up. The first thing I did was get a baseline for comparison. I bought the proper car and hit it with all the go fast parts including stage 3 weight reduction and carbon hood and windows. I tried a few different power configurations and top speed slider settings and came to the conclusion that using the high speed turbo only was the best route as it produced the most torque by a substantial amount without sacrificing much horsepower. It also made power adjustments easy for cars with different weights by just moving a slider. At my default the engine put out 231hp and 259lb of torque. Unless you used anything but the lightest car possible, this was your power specs. For those of you that chose the slider option on the transmission, it was set at 149mph. This gave me 132-134mph on the front straight with most cars. With custom transmissions, I tried a few different final ratios and ended up with about the same top speed.

Running the basic setup, I could turn 1:25.2 all day with very consistent laps and thought that a car this good would be hard to improve on. I judged the DC score on how much better it was than baseline. Not necessarily by time slips, but by overall feel and versatility. Cars that were more race oriented, could hold multiple lines well and were somewhat forgiving were more likely to score higher.

All testing was done on Deep Forest Raceway forward with grip set to real and no aids except for abs 1 on a DS3 using both sticks on sensitivity of -1 and automatic transmission.

445pp sports soft tires

Tuner #1 (tested 3rd)

This was a really stable car that was very easy to drive. It was great in the high speed sections and over the hilltop corners. It did have a bit of understeer mid corner when coating, but it was very manageable. The transmission worked well for the track with a final gear of 4.30 giving about 132mph. This is a good race/general use tune that is safe for anyone. Well done

Tuner #2 (tested 4th)

This was a decent car. It seemed to be set up more for time trials than racing as it needed a more specific line. It required more attention to drive as it was kind of loose on high speed corner entry. Low to mid speed corners were fine and it had great turn in and acceleration on corner exit. Overall, I ran a decent time with it, but it wasn't as fun as some others.

Tuner #3 (tested 9th)

This tune was hard to pin down. It was loose in some spots and yet pushed in others. It felt vague and disconnected from what I actually wanted it to do. It almost feels too safe at times. It had decent low speed rotation, but had a noticeable push at high speeds. That costs a lot of time on this track unfortunately. The transmission felt odd. 4th gear felt boggy, and when I would blip the brakes to get a downshift out of 6th, it would go 2 most of the time. I used a final gear of 4.000. This tune may work good under different conditions, but sticky tires on a slow car on a swoopy track is not it's strong suit, sorry.

Tuner #4 (5th tested)

This was the slowest car in my testing and it feels as heavy as the spec sheet shows it to be. The extra weight gave it a power bump to 269hp and 267 lb, but that was nullified by the lack of transmission. I was barely making it into 5th at the end of the straight. It still hit around the same trap speed as the rest of the field, but it just made the rest of the Lap feel sluggish. It worked pretty good in the hilly section and the suspension carried the weight fine, but if you got too fast in the corner, exit understeer was an issue. I am not trying to offend the creator of this tune by any means, I just don't jive with it at all.

Tuner #5 (tested first)

This was one of the better time trial type tunes submitted. It had good low speed turn in, held its line on corner exit, but had some high speed push if you got off line. It felt a little loose mid corner and when cresting Hills, but it was manageable. Overall I liked it and will likely use it again, but on a different track. Well done

Tuner #6 (tested last)

Spectacular tune here!! This car really goes where you point it and has an easy transition from loose to grip. Drive it conservatively and it rewards you with fast corner exits. Go too deep and it still manages to get you out without too much hassle. This will make for a great race car. The transmission worked well for the track with a final gear of 3.900 giving the highest top speed of all the cars at 136 on the front straight. This was the most consistent car with 12 laps within less than a second. Very good job!!!

Tuner #7 (tested 10th)

Wow!! This car is soooooooo smooth and consistent. It runs almost identical times no matter what line you run. It was not only the only car to hit 1:23, but it ran 4 of them. It does have a slight mid corner push, but it's very manageable and goes away quickly and holds a great line on exit. This is a great race tune and will definitely become one of the online arsenal.

Tuner #8 (tested 7th)

This car was very easy to drive and would be perfect for an online weight limited room where you can't run a fully lightened car. It really doesn't feel as heavy as it is. The extra weight gave it a nice power bump to 254hp and 264lb/ft and the car took full advantage of it. The car did have a slight high speed push if you got off line, but it wasn't bad. Well done on a different approach.

Tuner #9 (tested 6th)

This was a great car. Very predictable and did especially well on cresting hills and corner #3 where many others had trouble. A nice little power bump to 241hp and 261lb/ft along with a well sorted chassis made for a good drive. If this car had a well sorted trans (like #1 or #6) it would have run 2-3 tenths faster. Good job!!

Tuner #10 (tested 8th)

This was not a bad car as the DC score may Indicate. It's definitely a time trial type of tune and did run a respectable time, but it was work to get it. I think this was the least consistent car in my testing. The lack of parts gave it a small hp bump to 235 but it wasn't really noticeable. If you keep it on line, it runs pretty good, but if you get off just a bit, you scrub off quite a bit of speed. It was also a little loose on corner entry which made finding the perfect line tough. Again, it ran a decent time, but not my cup of tea, sorry.

Tuner 11 (tested 2nd)

This was a very consistent and safe car that could be pushed hard. It can take most any line and worked well over the hills and in the twisty sections of the track. This would be another great race style tune and will surely get used again. The trans worked fine with a 4.48 gearing giving it a 132 top speed on the front straight. If I were to change anything is would be to lower the Diff deceleration by a couple notches. That would give it slightly more entry rotation, but not knowing what tire and pp combo was going to be used, you kept it safe. Very well done!

As always, I had fun doing the testing for this event. Thanks to all the tuners for your efforts. Some of them produced wonderful results for my application. This challenge actually feels very much like what got me into this forum in the first place. I used to come here to get tunes for GT5 and I would use my own pp and trans combos to fit the races I was running. Pretty much the exact spirit of this competition. It is not my intention ever to offend anyone and if you think I gave a harsh review of your tune, I am sorry. Hopefully the tunes I didn't like work better in other conditions.

Awesome testing there, very consistent :) I won't say which car is mine, all I can say, I'm happy with the result, it's as expected and thank you for sparing time and energy driving my creation :cheers:

445pp sports soft tires

Tuner #1 (tested 3rd)

Tuner #2 (tested 4th)

Tuner #3 (tested 9th)

Tuner #4 (5th tested)

Tuner #5 (tested first)

Tuner #6 (tested last)

Tuner #7 (tested 10th)

Tuner #8 (tested 7th)

Tuner #9 (tested 6th)

Tuner #10 (tested 8th)

Tuner 11 (tested 2nd)

Thank you for the review and you did a great job of testing the whole field with that level of consistency. :)

445pp sports soft tires

Tuner #1 (tested 3rd)

Tuner #2 (tested 4th)

Tuner #3 (tested 9th)

Tuner #4 (5th tested)

Tuner #5 (tested first)

Tuner #6 (tested last)

Tuner #7 (tested 10th)

Tuner #8 (tested 7th)

Tuner #9 (tested 6th)

Tuner #10 (tested 8th)

Tuner 11 (tested 2nd)

Crazy consistently very well done 👍 looks like you didn't get along too well with my car -_- still great lap time with it.
I'll get you loaded up in bit to the time sheet.

Excuse my friends but without conditions to test
the mosquito zica caught me I'm a fever body aches'm there one week stopped.
Ohh man get well soon. No long term side effects I hope. You sir get an extension for testing if you want one.

Sasly I'm not gonna finish testing. Got four cars done today and my game froze now it won't load. Not sure what the issue is. It comes up to the main menu but won't load any tracks.

Updated ranking after @Wydopen times have been input
@Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @xande1959 @787bcgr @Lionheart2113 @Ridox2JZGTE
Rank | Average Lap Points DC Rank | DC​
Tuner 1 8 | 1:18.582 +01.154 9.85 9 | 18.00
Tuner 2 3 | 1:18.154 +00.726 9.91 2 | 34.00
Tuner 3 5 | 1:18.23 +00.802 9.90 7 | 21.00
Tuner 4 11 | 1:19.525 +02.097 9.74 11 | 10.00
Tuner 5 2 | 1:17.701 +00.273 9.96 3 | 32.00
Tuner 6 7 | 1:18.447 +01.019 9.87 4 | 31.00
Tuner 7 1 | 1:17.428 +00.000 10.00 1 | 38.00
Tuner 8 10 | 1:18.626 +01.198 9.85 10 | 17.00
Tuner 9 6 | 1:18.286 +00.858 9.89 5 | 25.00
Tuner 10 4 | 1:18.196 +00.768 9.90 8 | 19.00
Tuner 11 9 | 1:18.593 +01.165 9.85 5 | 25.00

Variable Lap Time Over all Average
1 Tuner 7 1:17.428 +00.000
2 Tuner 5 1:17.701 +0.273
3 Tuner 2 1:18.154 +0.726
4 Tuner 10 1:18.196 +0.768
5 Tuner 3 1:18.23 +0.802

Variable DC Score
1 Tuner 7 38.00
2 Tuner 2 34.00
3 Tuner 5 32.00
4 Tuner 6 31.00
5 Tuner 9 25.00

Adaptability Variable
Most Consistent Wydopen 2.116

@lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @Grippy
How is testing going guys? Tomorrow is the planned deadline.

@Ale67 @shaunm80 @lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @coryclifford @TheInfamousJEW6 @xande1959 @787bcgr @Lionheart2113 @Ridox2JZGTE

With only two useable test results in. Would anyone have an objection to an additional weeks time to allow for more testers to finish and report results?
My game is still being stubborn. Gonna have to delete the patch data and download it again rebuilding the database didn't work sadly. All my other games work so I think a file got corrupted.

@lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @Grippy

With only two useable test results in. Would anyone have an objection to an additional weeks time to allow for more testers to finish and report results?
My game is still being stubborn. Gonna have to delete the patch data and download it again rebuilding the database didn't work sadly. All my other games work so I think a file got corrupted.
I have no objection to extending testing by a week to get all the results in. Hope everyone who is not feeling well gets better soon.

@lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @Grippy

I'm fine with whatever you deem necessary :) Have you tried to use different save file ? A corrupted save file can cause issues as well. Be sure always have backups :)

@lBt_33 @DaBomm4 @Grippy

No issues from me. One man down due to frigging mosquitos, another with a leg injury... I'm surprised that no one has tried guessing yet!

Latest Posts

Back